Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:17 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100859 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »

Godzilla - Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla -v- The Cosmic Monster

This was a double disc feature.  What can I say?  I enjoyed the hell out of these movies and my son and I had riotous fun poking holes in everything!

I didn't realise that the cosmic monster was actually MechaGodzilla.  That was one well done metal suit!  Unfortunately due to tiredness from work, I feel asleep half way the cosmic monster and didn't get to find out what happened(!) but I'll rewatch it tonight

These are awesome B-movies.  Sometimes all we could do was say "huh?" at the plot holes and dodgy continuity, but that's the fun of the whole thing I guess.

An amusingly good time was had by all and I will definitely be buying these babies on DVD/

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:25 AM »

The Toxic Avenger -*** 1/2 out of ****

A true b movie classic.  It was funny at times and had all the right aspects to make it a b movie.  The only problem I had was the blind girl who you can obviously tell she is not blind.

I have two movies to watch tonight It's Pat and Leonard Part 6.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2008, 09:04:12 AM »

Watched the REAPING last night. Meh...
It was ok,I guess...but not very suspenseful....some of the visuals were interesting. The river of blood was the coolest thing for me. The rest left me blah. The only interesting charecter for me was the preist in Africa. And he was barely in the film! I recognized him (can't remember the actors name off hand) as the detective tracking down the cannibal serial killer in CITIZEN X.

And of course it was left wide open for a part 2. Was one made yet?  Question Not that I'll be in any rush to see it.

Soon-very soon...I'll be able to finally see PLANET TERROR-as Angel (Tara Sue's daughter) asked her boss at the video store to order it! YAY!  TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2008, 12:47:05 AM »

Watched the REAPING last night. Meh...
It was ok,I guess...but not very suspenseful....some of the visuals were interesting. The river of blood was the coolest thing for me. The rest left me blah. The only interesting charecter for me was the preist in Africa. And he was barely in the film! I recognized him (can't remember the actors name off hand) as the detective tracking down the cannibal serial killer in CITIZEN X.

And of course it was left wide open for a part 2. Was one made yet?  Question Not that I'll be in any rush to see it.

Soon-very soon...I'll be able to finally see PLANET TERROR-as Angel (Tara Sue's daughter) asked her boss at the video store to order it! YAY!  TeddyR

Stephen Rea? Good actor, even in bad films.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2008, 07:37:44 AM »

It's Pat * 1/2 out of ****

It's just bad, but it's kinda funny as well.  The whole movie based on one simple thing is Pat a Man or a Woman.  The dialog is corny at times and some of the sterotypes are just werid too.  I liked it, but it's not my favorite film out there.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »

It's Pat is a movie I would say is definitely not a better SNL produced flick.  Then again, when they put out Blues Brothers and Wayne's World, that's a lot to live up to.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #261 on: January 06, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »

Ghostbusters- ***/****.  Bill Murray has so many quotable and classic lines in this.  Very funny flick.

Batman-Jack Nicholson rocks as Joker.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #262 on: January 06, 2008, 01:12:55 PM »

"Casshern" (2004)
Highly stylized Japanese science fiction film with an array of robots, mechanical apparatus, and super humans having swordfights.  I really liked this movie, both in the visuals (not always true for completely stylizing the film) and the message - the latter of which is brought to fruition by a plot that was interconnected beyond what I had thought.  And it has a very thoughtful message about war, hate, and selfishness.  Four slimes, perhaps five.

"Slaughter" (1972)
He's a black ex-Green Beret out to make the mob pay for killing his mother.  The best part is when he teaches the nervous white detective, "This is how you pick up a fine white woman."  The woman in question is Stella Stevens.  Seeing her, I wonder if she was the template for Mrs. Thistlewhite in "The Year Without A Santa Claus."  If so, Ignatius Thistlewhite's mom has got it going on!  Three slimes.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #263 on: January 06, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »

It's Pat is a movie I would say is definitely not a better SNL produced flick.  Then again, when they put out Blues Brothers and Wayne's World, that's a lot to live up to.

The bar was set quite high, so there was a HIGH chance that a movie based off a SNL skit after BB and WW would not be as good.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2008, 07:45:48 PM »

Fido - a new zombie flick set in the 1950's and it is FUNNY!

First off some alien thing happens that when people die they turn into zombies, along come ZOMCOM that tames the zombies with electronic collars and turns them into domestic helpers. Well the Robinson's are the only family on the block without a zombie so Mrs Robinson (Carrie-Anne Moss who's smokin' hot in this flick) goes out and get a zombie, that her zombie fearing and hating hubby (Dylan Baker) is none to pleases with this, but who can you turn down Carrie-Anne Moss in a little red dress with a 3 olive martini waiting for you, well you can't.
So zombie guy stays much to Mr. Robinson dismay and everyone is happy, Little Timmy decides zombie guy needs a name and calls him "Fido" (Billy Connolly)
Well this and that happen until one day Fido's collar malfunctions and he eats the mean old neighbor women Mrs Henderson and the antics begin.

Will they figure out it was Fido that ate Mrs Henderson? Will Timmy and Mrs Robinson protect him from the zombie hunters? What will happen next?

You'll just have to watch Fido to find out!!

Easily 4.5 out of 5  Thumbup

This is a must have flick and is bound to be a quirky movie classic!

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »

Leonard Part 6 * out of ****

Just awful to watch.  Animals being controlled by vegetarians and killing people is just stupid.  The idea of them terrorist being afraid of meat products was also stupid.  There wasn't really any funny parts, just lots of dumb areas.  It was painful to watch, but I managed to watch it to the end.

Airplane Ii: The Sequel ** 1/2 of ****

Funny at times but not as good as the first Airplane was.  Jokes are the same as before and the returning characters act the same as before.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »

The Night Strangler (1973)

Darren McGavin returns as Kolchak once again given the earlier popularity and success of "The Night Stalker" TV movie. This time, Dan Curtis, who was producer on "Night Stalker" takes over the directing reigns.  It starts off great and all the humor and those small moments featuring great old stars and character actors the likes of John Carradine, Margaret Hamilton, Wally Cox, Al Lewis and Scott Brady prove terrific fun. Personally I prefer the tighter paced and shorter "Night Stalker" film. This feels a bit overlong, especially featuring too many scenes of people walking dark streets (not that it isn't appropriate for building suspense, it's just done a bit too much here to the point it really feels like padding to make the film's time run its full 90 minutes). Plus this relies a little too much on the tired element of having the villain explain all his actions to the hero. I should also add the story is basically just a repeat of "The Night Stalker" with some slight alterations here and there and personally I feel this one's villain never truly feels as terrifying as the one in the Night Stalker although the character is perhaps more fully realized here. My favourite moments here actually feature Kolchak and his interactions with Simon Oakland's Tony Vincenzo (which would also prove one of the most entertaining aspects of the follow-up TV series), Scott Brady's Captain Schubert and Wally Cox's Mr. Beery, a small man who suddenly finds himself unexpectedly important in Kolchak's world. Still better than average for a TV film. ***1/2 out *****
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 05:35:00 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »

The bar was set quite high, so there was a HIGH chance that a movie based off a SNL skit after BB and WW would not be as good.

Sadly, you'd think with the 14/15 movies they've done, they'd actually be worth watching.  Wayne's World was great, Blues Brothers was great.  Beyond that, Coneheads was tolerable but nothing to write home about.  Beyond that, they've got stuff like Stuart Saves His Family and It's Pat.  Ladies Man I felt was funny, but didn't compare to Wayne's World or Blues Brothers.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2008, 11:35:10 AM »

Sadly, you'd think with the 14/15 movies they've done, they'd actually be worth watching.  Wayne's World was great, Blues Brothers was great.  Beyond that, Coneheads was tolerable but nothing to write home about.  Beyond that, they've got stuff like Stuart Saves His Family and It's Pat.  Ladies Man I felt was funny, but didn't compare to Wayne's World or Blues Brothers.

SNL skits are usually 1-2 joke affairs that struggle to be entertaining for their five minutes slot.  I think it's remarkable that they've produced ANY good movies (BB, WW) from such less-than-promising stock.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2008, 09:26:59 PM »

SNL skits are usually 1-2 joke affairs that struggle to be entertaining for their five minutes slot.  I think it's remarkable that they've produced ANY good movies (BB, WW) from such less-than-promising stock.
I think it's kinda remarkable they've really produced any movies.  I love SNL, but to think a five minute skit can last for 2 hours is kinda pushing it.  I think Mike Myers is funny and did a good job with Wayne's World.  The Austin Powers franchise was kinda annoying, but I much preferred the Dr. Evil character and wished the movie was kinda just about him.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.