Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:07:38 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2111374 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »

FREAK OUT - British Gen X comedy horror slasher flick.

Per IMDB

Quote from: IMDB
Merv Doody (James Heathcote) is a true horror aficionado. He's seen it all. That's when fate delivers an inept psycho killer to his doorstep. At first, Merv is interested in not getting killed, but then it becomes something more. He must transform this bumbling reject from the local asylum into the ultimate killing machine. Enlisting the aid of his best friend Onkey (Dan Palmer), they set about making the best slasher in the world. Forget Jason and Freddy. They're losers. The man with the spatula (that's right, I said spatula. You wanna make something of it, Sissy?) learns his lessons too well. It isn't long before the man with the hockey mask and orange jumper is carving a path of destruction through the sleepy town of Redwater Cove. Merv and Onkey find that they are the only two who can stop the murderous rampage of their own creation. The only question is how do you destroy an unstoppable machine of utter madness?

IMDB says the budget was £30,000, where did the money go? The plot outline sounds far better than the movie actually is, it's worth is a look if you've been drinking all day.

Isn't that the one where their killer in training goes rampaging through a crowd, and one of the guys yells at the other:

"He's killing a bunch of innocent Larry Hagman fans!"

and his buddy replies - "Dude, there ARE no innocent Larry Hagman fans!" 

I think I reviewed this one on here last summer.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #466 on: April 29, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »

Isn't that the one where their killer in training goes rampaging through a crowd, and one of the guys yells at the other:

"He's killing a bunch of innocent Larry Hagman fans!"

and his buddy replies - "Dude, there ARE no innocent Larry Hagman fans!" 

I think I reviewed this one on here last summer.

I don't recall that line, but that is not to say it's not there. I sort of, kind of watched it. I had trouble paying attention to it, it had a few funny lines and a few funny moments, but nothing really all that memorable. It was a British film with only one American in it that played the sheriff, he did wear a cowboy hat so maybe it was the same movie. Larry Hagman ... cowboy hat ... possible. I'm not going to suffer through it again to fine out. TeddyR
If this helps the killer dressed in a orange jail jumper wearing a hockey mask killing people with a spatula. Sounds funny right? Well it was only marginally humorous.

moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #467 on: May 01, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »

I just watched Freak Out as well, was OK but nowhere near as good as I thought it sounded.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #468 on: May 05, 2008, 09:07:09 AM »

The Lost World: Jurassic Park ** 1/2 out of ****

It was fine, the CGI work was really good, but I didn't like some of the script and I felt the kids that were int he film acted like movie kids.

Jurassic Park III ** out of ****

unneeded sequel.  Too short for it's own good and CGI was corny at times.

Apocalypse Now: Redux *** out of ****

It wasn't bad, I liked it, but it felt like it took forever to get to the ending.  The plantation scene was not needed in my opinion.

Friday the 13th Part VI ** out of ****

Corny as the series it, but not bad.  It's better than some of the previous films, but I don't think I'll watch it again.

The Simpsons Movie *** out of ****

I though it was quite good.  Not the funniest things I have ever watched but still enjoyable.  I wasn't super crazy on the idea of have the film be like a 90 min episode as much I though I would be.  Stewie Griffan: The Untold Story did a much better job with this premises years earlier.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #469 on: May 06, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »

the Seduction (1983)- starring Morgan Fairchild:   This was nominated for a few razzies in 1983.  Fairchild is sort of like a hot blonde female versin of the Tin man from Wizard of oz.  I know it's hard to picture but that's the best I could do.  it's a stalker thriller with some trashy interludes.  suspension of disbelief required. it's no "fatal attraction" but I enjoyed it andi it's an excellent print.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #470 on: May 06, 2008, 12:26:40 PM »

the Seduction (1983)- starring Morgan Fairchild:   This was nominated for a few razzies in 1983.  Fairchild is sort of like a hot blonde female versin of the Tin man from Wizard of oz.  I know it's hard to picture but that's the best I could do.  it's a stalker thriller with some trashy interludes.  suspension of disbelief required. it's no "fatal attraction" but I enjoyed it andi it's an excellent print.

Is this the one with Andrew Stevens as the stalker and then Morgan ends up turning the tables on him?  It was pretty dumb as I remember. Morgan Fairchild was one of those plastic women.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #471 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »

Morgan comes across as plastic and sometimes even icy and aloof. I've talked to her on conference calls and thought she was actually just a calm cool character. She's pretty smart and has a decent sense of humor. She's just not much of an actress. Still, pretty MILFy if you ask me.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #472 on: May 06, 2008, 02:01:09 PM »

trek/ hammock -  yes that's the one.  the company that rereleased this also did "superstition" which is a very rare, watchable but somewhat laughable early 80's horror flick.  weird niches getting filled that's capitalism!  "I'm really in the mood for an ultra rare pretty bad but kinda good early 80's demento thriller starring someone from falcon crest or something"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #473 on: May 06, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »

OPEN YOUR EYES (ABRE LOS OJOS) (1997):  Well-scripted mindbender, remade as VANILLA SKY.  Nice dream imagery.  4/5.

CANDY STRIPERS (2006):  I thought this T&A horror might be fun.  Turns out I'm not 15 years old anymore.  2/5 if your mind is totally turned off or if you're a 15 year old boy, 1/5 otherwise.

THE EVIL DEAD (1981):  Classic "Spam in A Cabin" movie.  I'm shocked Andrew only gave this 2/5 slimes, but I'm sure he's taken enough grief for that over the years.  4/5.

IRMA LA DOUCE (1963):  Billy Wilder directs Jack Lemmon as a reluctant Parisian pimp?  Not as much fun as it sounds, and it's over 2.5 hours long.  3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #474 on: May 06, 2008, 09:52:09 PM »

Filthy, Rich and Catflap

The Young Ones boys do it again.  Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmonson and Nigel Planer are hilarious as the Richie Rich the z-grade "celebrity", Eddie Catflap,the vicious, slovenly minder and Ralph Filthy, the alcoholic no hoper agent, respectively.

I got the complete series (only 6 eps!) on DVD on the weekend for $15.00.  Been laughing myself silly all weekend.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #475 on: May 06, 2008, 09:54:22 PM »

My wife and I watched Episode I of the second season of ROME Sunday night.  One of my favorite of the whole series . . .  Lucius Vorenus is a BEAST when he's ticked off!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #476 on: May 07, 2008, 06:07:22 AM »

Porky's Revenge ** out of ****

Not really funny at all.  There were a few times where it was funny, but overall just kinda dull.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #477 on: May 08, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »

Courage Under Fire: *** 1/2 out of ****

I really though this was an amazing film.  I really enjoyed how the same story was told slightly different by different people.  I also enjoyed the character development in the film as it really made the film come fully circle and seem very realistic.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #478 on: May 10, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »

Creature Unknown - some kids get together at a cabin to commemorate the disappearance of one of their friends.  They were going for a real Breakfast Club feel here, unfortunately I found all the characters completely uninteresting.  Even the b***hy girl didn't manage to annoy.  A guy in a rubber monster suit shows up and starts killing them.  In broad daylight, so no suspense or scares.  The female scientist who created the beast shows up and tries to help the kids.  Aren't scientists who create monsters supposed to be evil?  This one was good.  Would have been much better if she was evil.  There was a "shocking revelation" at the end. 

Cathy's Curse - from a Brentwood set.  A woman abandons her husband and child, dad shows up and grabs the girl, they drive until a bunny rabbit crosses the road.  They swerve to avoid it, car bursts into flames, they die.  Then a couple and their daughter move into the house, kid gets possessed by the spirit of the dead kid.  They do an amazing amount of housework, etc.  The second half wasn't all that bad, but after the first half it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #479 on: May 12, 2008, 12:50:30 PM »

Cliffhanger - *** out of ****

One of Stallone's better action films, not as good as First Blood but still enjoyable to watch.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.