Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:35:09 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100398 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #720 on: November 24, 2008, 10:07:56 AM »

Super Noypi-  teen action movie, with the accent on teen, from the phillipenes.  It steals from Lara Croft, X men , spy kids,  and probably some other stuff,  none of which i've ever seen believe it or not.   I twas lively and colorful but I couldn't shake the feeling that i had no business watching it.

God's Country-  great documentary abuot life in small town minnesota circa 1979.  I'm 33 and thuogh I'm from the east coast  i remember this America, thuogh not the polka dancing and famring specifically.   The director loius Malle is very good and does an excellent job showcasing the innocence changes and challenges in the heart of middle america.  The movie opens wth a woman gardening while wearing a hat this is lke a cross between a tableclothe and a mailbox.  it' is "god's hat".  the ending is sad because it comes back a few years later and infaltion has done a number on the family farms and most seem very pessimistic about the future.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:14:45 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #721 on: November 24, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »

Patton *** out of ****:  A good film but overrated to an extent.  I though it was too long and some of the scenes could have been cut from the film that I felt were not needed at all. 
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #722 on: November 24, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »

Freakshow - horror anthology starring Gunnar Hansen as the proprietor of a midway sideshow... not to be confused with the Asylum movie of the same name... total crap, but flamboyantly so... easy to have a good time with this flick if you're hanging out with a couple like-minded friends and you crack jokes the whole time... otherwise? ugh

Grim Prairie Tales - poorly acted, mostly boring horror anthology starring Brad Dourif and James Earl Jokes (huh???)... most of the stories are bland and uninteresting... one, involving a man devoured by a vagina, is fun... because it features a man being devoured by a vagina... other than that? ugh

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #723 on: November 24, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »

Vacancy 2: unlike most people, i liked the first Vacancy for what it was. I didn't go into the first one with high expectations, but still enjoyed it. When I watched Vacancy 2 today, i went in with low expectations and was still disappointed. I kept praying that the main character would be killed off cause she was so annoying. two-thirds through the movie she was still alive (and still very much annoying) that I finally just turned it off without finishing it. The only good thing about this movie was an insight into how the owners of the motel became involved in the snuff business.

Joy Ride 2: I must just be punishing myself with sequels...

Mother Knows Best: watched this a few days ago. not too bad. Why am I watching Lifetime Movie Network? Is something wrong with my horomones? This was your basic mother with 'control issues' movie. The acting wasn't all that great, but the story line was juicy...again, why am I watching LMN?

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #724 on: November 25, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »

"Grizzly" - Not a bad little "Jaws" ripoff from William Girdler. The film did seem a little drawn-out with the action being too sporadic but I enjoyed it as a minor monster-on-the-loose flick.

"Chato's Land" - Decent little Michael Winner western with Charles Bronson as the eponymous 'Breed' wreaking havoc on the posse who are chasing him after he killed a sheriff (who is also despised by most of the posse's members!). This is raised above it's routine nature by a good cast including Bronson, Jack Palance, Simon Oakland, Ralph Waite and Paul Young. "Vital Spark" star Roddy MacMillan steals the show as Malachi, the outmatched voice of reason amid all the seething rage and hatred.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #725 on: November 25, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »

Rock N' Roll High School Forever [1991]

3/5: Pretty much the same deal as the first film, with exactly the same ending. I was also very dissapointed with the soundtrack for this film, which was a total let down considering the title and the personalities of the characters involved. A few funny moments, but all in all pretty bland and predictable.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #726 on: December 01, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »

The Cat from Outer Space-    this is a more comedic, no child actors, but similarly enjoyable and funky cousin to disney's "escape to witch mountain".  would I rather see Sandy Duncan in a a tawdry career destroying exploitation cheapie?  of course, but this is good too.   It's funny to watch the cat.   unfortunately the lead actor went on to star in the unfortunate "mama's family".  I think there are people from MASH in this.  just watch it.   Cheers
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #727 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »

watched a sub-z-grade shot-on-betacam less-than-nonexistent budget movie last night called The Hollows... thank god I watched it with friends or I would've killed myself

ugh

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #728 on: December 03, 2008, 07:46:55 AM »

Tremors II ** 1/2 out of **** - Not the best sequel ever made, but it helped explain a bit more about the grabnoids and their process of evolution.  The writing could have been better overall and the CGI was awful when it was used.

Spartacus *** out of ****, while I though it was a good film I didn't think of it as great as people make it out to be.  It just seems like it took forever to get to the action scenes and the pace of the film was too slow and could have been a bit faster.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #729 on: December 03, 2008, 09:59:49 AM »

Manowar: Hell on Earth concert dvd -  I'd never heard these guys before.  the first word that came to my mind after viewing their concert and videos is "McDonalds".  at their best, they offer a harder Spinal Tap or bargain basement Maiden/ Motorhead type stadium hard rock with good if silly throwback stage moves and "offensive" cuss filled banter.  In appreciation for their german audience they do a song in german which is nice of themI think.  It's not a very good song though.  The bass player does an interesting Lightning Bolt style distorto bass solo.  between the camp value and the loud songs it's worth seeing if you keep your expectations low.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #730 on: December 04, 2008, 08:29:12 AM »

Vampire Lovers (1970) - Some moderately hot looking vampire chick befriends a couple of rich girls and slowly starts sucking the blood out of them, while having mostly hinted-at lesbian relationships with them.  Absolutely gorgeous sets and locations, really Gothic and beautiful.  Peter Cushing has a relatively small part, as he and the father of one of the rich girls eventually hunt down the grave of the vampire babe and put an end to her reign of terror.  I found this movie rather confusing and not exactly exciting, but it moved along well enough and featured a bit of nudity, and the awesome locations were worth the price of admission.

Gotta hand it to MGM and their Midnight Movies series, this looked fantastic on our HDTV, which tends to make any imperfections stand out like a sore thumb.  A real joy to behold.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:32:27 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #731 on: December 04, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »

THE HOWLING (1980: After a traumatizing encounter with what she believes to be a serial killer in a peep-show booth, a female investigative reporter goes to a strange resort to recuperate, where things get even worse.  Suspenseful horror movie with an atmosphere of oddly erotic evil.  I'm blinded by nostalgia for this movie, which started my love affair with horror movies when I saw it in the theater, but I still think it's worth at least 4/5 for anyone. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #732 on: December 05, 2008, 10:22:32 AM »

MST3K legend of Boggy Creek II-  Arkansas.    as neil hamburger once said I can't help but think of a store that sells arks and saws.  This is a combination of a cash in on the early 80's horror boom and a cinematic ego trip for charles pierce the director.  He's the star, director, narrarator, hero thankfully not of the romantic variety.   The story has some alright tension here and there though like many films chosen by this crew everyone is for the most part constantly miserable, a telling pattern one of these guys himself once noted on their website.  As with alot of the later episodes, it seems like they are often alot more concerned with their jokes than watching the movies but  complaining about quality is a little ironic isn't it?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #733 on: December 06, 2008, 05:52:07 PM »

The Cat from Outer Space-    this is a more comedic, no child actors, but similarly enjoyable and funky cousin to disney's "escape to witch mountain".  would I rather see Sandy Duncan in a a tawdry career destroying exploitation cheapie?  of course, but this is good too.   It's funny to watch the cat.   unfortunately the lead actor went on to star in the unfortunate "mama's family".  I think there are people from MASH in this.  just watch it.   Cheers

Just to answer Lester's question: "Yes. Both Maclean Stevenson and Harry Morgan appear in this film."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #734 on: December 06, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »

HABIT (1996): Sam, a functional alcoholic who has just lost his father and his girlfriend, meets a mysterious, beautiful woman at a Halloween party, and finds himself becoming progressively sicker as he gets more and more involved with her.  Interesting indie horror/drama that can be occasionally pretentious; it's at it's best when showing us the streets of Lower Manhattan as seen through the eyes of an incerasingly depserate, one step away from the gutter drunkard. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.