Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:08:36 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110468 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #780 on: January 08, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »

tomorrow never comes (1978)  Thumbup   One of my new years resolutions was to lay off the ultra obscure 70's drive in stuff so what do I do:  rent the most obscure 70's formulaic action drive in ready movie there is.    of course, I pretty much loved it.   it's  a stand off movie with Oliver Reed as the cop trying to play mind games to get the guy out of the house where he is keeping Susan George his hooker girlfriend hostage and some method actor guy as the psycho.  He's about as good as brando or James Dean or any other of those vaunted guys but he didn't make it for some reason, probably because he looks more like an extra than a star.   big surprise, it's Reed's "last day on the job" too!  His gold rimmed eyeglasses would make him the envy of any NYC breakdancer circa a few years later.   

It resembles a straight to cable action movie from the 80's more than most of the movies from it's era though their is a little "Taxi Driver"  and  "lone wolf MCquade" in there.  Also borrows some of the tension from the disaster movies that were popular at the time.    It got lost in the shuffle because it's a little non descript and I would guess it's available in one of those mill creek 50 packs but it's directing and acting are better than average and quite good in places.

Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #781 on: January 08, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

"sleeping dogs lie"  free on demand  -  grace you might like this one.  in the "spanking the monkey", solondz. sarah silverman tradition with a completely gross premise given a story and actors who have to be good enough to keep a straight face.

or a sicker "there's something about Mary"

I'm gonna have to check that out; hopefully tonite.

Today I watched Triloquist... this movie was aweful. The dialogue was so overdone with excessive swearing that it became pointless. The death scenes were also weak. And while I usually find skinny, frail, mute guys sexy...norbert was just annoying  Question.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #782 on: January 08, 2009, 08:45:37 PM »

CUBE 2: HYPERCUBE (2002): Eight strangers wake up in a mysterious cube just as in the 1997 hit, although this second generation "hypercube" has some new and deadly tricks to play on its captives.  CUBE 2: HYPERCUBE captures a reasonable amount of the atmosphere of paranoia and existential dread from the original, although the acting is down a notch and the hypercube's new features (involving alternate realities) are too hyperbolic.  May please fans of the original (like me), or it could just tick you off as it's understandably not as effective as the first one, which had a completely unexpected existential feel to it.  Playing Fearnet on demand for free along with CUBE ZERO, which I'll check out soon.  3/5.

DONNIE DARKO: THE DIRECTORS CUT (2001):  A demonic bunny rabbit tells emotionally disturbed teen Donnie the world will end in 28 days.  I was well warned about the "remixed" director's cut, and prepared to be disappointed.  It wasn't as bad as I feared.  The new footage (especially the pages from "The Philosophy of Time Travel") actually make the movie slightly more confusing, but basically it adds little to the film's impact, just makes it take longer to get to the same place.  Richard Kelly's commentary (he's interviewed by Kevin Smith) convinces me he's not really insane, as I feared: he understands the film's resolution is absurd, and deliberately designed it using "comic book logic."  It's an inferior cut to the tighter theatrical release but it's basically the same movie and a nice supplement for fans of the original.  4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #783 on: January 09, 2009, 03:38:58 AM »

just finished watching
sukiyaki western django Small | Large
. it was very good, in my opinion. most people would be really turned off by the awkward line delivery, but since i'd already seen miike having his actors do this in imprint, it didn't bother me. it was sort of like city of lost souls, thrown into a time machine, into some sort of alternate history, but it had much more mood.

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #784 on: January 09, 2009, 05:19:13 PM »

just finished watching sukiyaki western django. it was very good, in my opinion. most people would be really turned off by the awkward line delivery, but since i'd already seen miike having his actors do this in imprint, it didn't bother me. it was sort of like city of lost souls, thrown into a time machine, into some sort of alternate history, but it had much more mood.

This is on my NetFlix que, I've really been wanting to see it. I liked Imprint along with most of his films....

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #785 on: January 09, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »

Barb Wire
AVP R...to the end, this time.

Wish I hadn't bothered.

Still, at least you can see what's going on in Barb Wire. Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #786 on: January 10, 2009, 09:01:47 AM »

The Ring - Naomi Watts investigates a killer videotape.  This had pretty good suspense and some interestingly bizarre scenes.  It moved along well, with the exception of any scene involving Watts' morbid creepozoid of a kid.  Watts is so utterly gorgeous, but somehow they managed to make her look pretty plain in this.  At least she fell in the water at one point TeddyR  I really have to hand it to her, I've seen her in three films now, playing three entirely different characters, and she pulled them all off with complete believability.  The girl can act!  My big complaint is that the movie seems to come to an end, but wait - we've still got ten minutes worth of plot left, please bear with us if you'll be so kind.  Video quality of the DVD was surprisingly mediocre considering the relative newness of the film.  Overall, 4/5.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:07:27 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #787 on: January 10, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »

"Cat Girl Kiki", A young man rescues a stray kitten and takes it to his apartment, the next morning the kitten has turned in to a girl, but not completely, she still has cat ears. Japanese movie with English subtitles, I got it because it sounded like a comedy, it's not. Even though the first part of the film is about the young man dealing with the cat that's now human there's a little more to the movie than that. No big surprises or plot twists but I found that I wanted to see the end just to know what happened.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #788 on: January 10, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »

"Cat Girl Kiki", A young man rescues a stray kitten and takes it to his apartment, the next morning the kitten has turned in to a girl, but not completely, she still has cat ears. Japanese movie with English subtitles, I got it because it sounded like a comedy, it's not. Even though the first part of the film is about the young man dealing with the cat that's now human there's a little more to the movie than that. No big surprises or plot twists but I found that I wanted to see the end just to know what happened.

Does the young man get jiggy with the cat-lady at any point? Just curious... Wink

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #789 on: January 10, 2009, 12:24:13 PM »

MST3K the starfighters -what can you say?  it's another good episode!  it's not NOT a good episode.  Also, I thinking, this whole movie is an unbelievably boring portrait of life on an air force base.  what if it had a twist ending where they all started speaking russian and we learn that it was all a spy training center and they were then to be sent to America to infiltrate our armed forces!!  Then it would be brilliant!!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #790 on: January 10, 2009, 12:53:37 PM »

Does the young man get jiggy with the cat-lady at any point? Just curious... Wink

Me too  TeddyR  Cats go at it pretty fast and furious, 12 times an hour I've heard!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #791 on: January 10, 2009, 12:55:44 PM »

Actually the cat girl gets jiggy with him, as does his last and future human girlfriend, it's kind of a strange movie, interesting, but strange.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #792 on: January 10, 2009, 06:51:57 PM »

I've just finished watching "To Live & Die In L.A." on DVD, that I ordered from Amazon and came yesterday. Wow! Wow! Wow! It's possibly the best film I have ever seen!!!!  Thumbup

I have been left completely stunned by it. It's basically a film about a cop (William Peterson) and his partner tracking a counterfeiter, the partner gets killed and he teams up with this other guy to nail him. The plot doesn't really give much away (in depth) about each character, you just get a feel for them as events unfold and kind of gauge their respective personalities. Willem Dafoe is in it as the main "bad guy". All the visuals are great, the acting is top notch and this movie contains the greatest, most intense car chase I have ever witnessed. The way the cameras have been utilised is pure genius. Plus, there is a massive, shocking twist about 15 mins from the end, then another, then another!  Buggedout

Seriously, I was literally on the edge of my sofa and at one point leapt up and down, whilst constantly rambling "Holy f***" and "This is so awesome!" Phew! What a rush....  TeddyR

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #793 on: January 11, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »

Friday the 13

2/5
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it's still rubbish.

Why watch Friday when you could watch Halloween ?

Bride of Frankenstein

4/5

This is the good stuff  Smile

Killer Klowns

4/5

If it had slightly better human characters this film would be pretty much unbeatable.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #794 on: January 11, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (1972): Two teenaged girls are kidnapped by a gang of lowlifes and raped and abused. Zero suspense, zero comic relief, zero art, only a willingness to depict naked sadism in loving detail.  SKULL.

CAVE DWELLERS (MST3K):  Ator and a hot valley girl wander around in a fantasy world cursed with a lack of special effects until it's time to climb into his hang glider and drop grenades on the evil wizard's castle.  I don't think the cast was on their "A" game for this outing, but the movie (which may be better known under the title ATOR THE INVINCIBLE) is absurd and entertaining.  3.5/5 stars.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.