Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:09:40 AM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2109926 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #795 on: January 11, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »

Fright Night

3/5...just for this female vamp.

I don't like vampire films but this was alright. One big issue I had with it was the fact that the teenager's girlfriend looked like she was in her early 30's.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #796 on: January 11, 2009, 10:27:39 PM »

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (1972): Two teenaged girls are kidnapped by a gang of lowlifes and raped and abused. Zero suspense, zero comic relief, zero art, only a willingness to depict naked sadism in loving detail.  SKULL.

personally, i love it, and all of the spin-off roles that david hess milked out of it. looking forward to the upcoming 3-disc treatment it'll be getting because of the remake, but i'll probably avoid the remake like the plague unless it has some wildly good casting choices.

Iseuelt
New Visitor

Oh hell yah, I'm up for a bad movie!

« Reply #797 on: January 12, 2009, 04:36:09 AM »

I had to endure "P.S. I Love You" this weekend as my sister was visiting and I had to provide entertainment that wasn't filled with brains being splashed here and there, gratuitous nudity, or any type of zombie apocalypse. Being a girl myself, it is expected of me to enjoy a nice romantic comedy in which no one gets decapitated, I found it merely tolerable (maybe it was the beers I had), which is better than I had expected. I also had to endure "Mrs. Pettigrew Lives for a Day" which both my sister and watched and waited for something to happen and finally nothing did.  We also watched "Kicking it Old School" Don't ask why, it just happened.  Cheers
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #798 on: January 12, 2009, 08:33:34 AM »

Day of the Dead 2: Contagium-  1/5 for bad acting, bad plot, lack of nudity...

The Death Wish Trilogy: 5/5 last night AMC played the all three death wish movies. Charles Bronson is a bad ass...

Edmond- 2/5 while everyone knows my affection for movies involving psychotic breakdowns, this movie just didn't do much for me. I really didn't need to see William H. Macy bald or involved in a prison-love relationship....oh, my eyes!! They Burn!!!

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #799 on: January 12, 2009, 08:34:58 AM »

Boogeyman 2 - a bother and sister see their parents killed by the boogeyman.  Years later, they're both still traumatized by the experience, and the guy has just spent three months in a mental institution undergoing a therapy program.  It seems to have helped, so the sister enrolls in the program.  We meet the other patients, each of whom has a fear of something.  Then the boogeyman shows up and starts killing everyone in ways which correspond to their fears.  Pretty good overall, fairly well developed characters, good atmosphere in the institution, but a whole lot of plot holes.  Still worth a watch if you're really bored some night.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #800 on: January 12, 2009, 10:51:07 AM »

hawk: the slayer = jack palance is a sucky darth vader imitation in this medieval travesty that the band Manowar must have seen.    the only girls in it are the nuns.  yeah that's some realy eye candy there,  if you are from saudi arabia maybe.  Probably inadvertant Bruce Cambell type color and goofiness  in places has made it a cult hit.  I rented "there goes the bride" by the same director from the year before and it is horrible in a compltetely different way
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:53:31 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Doggett

« Reply #801 on: January 12, 2009, 11:06:25 AM »

The Brood 3/5
Too slow but it has a really weird messed up central idea that's too gross not to like Smile

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #802 on: January 13, 2009, 10:34:50 AM »

there  goes the bride (1980)   Thumbdown     this was made by the guy who did "Hawk: the slayer"  but is absolutely nothing like it.   Did you ever see "pink Lady and jeff"?  it was a short lived tv series that has developed a cult following because it was so bad.  What made it's nondescript   variety show songs and jokes bearable is the empathy you have for their live audience and the looks on the performers faces:  extreme discomfort and depression in the face of Jeff, and glazed over smiles on the part of the duo Pink Lady.  This is like a bland pre recorded no pink lady or jeff "pink lady and jeff".  Tom Smothers can't tell a joke properly.  He imagines he sees a flapper, played by anarexic model Twiggy, everywhere.  They never get tired of telling the same joke over and over where he sees her and everyone else is like "who were you talking to?"  Again, There are song and dance numbers with canes and top hats.  I read two different reviews bemoaning the fact that the reviewer had to pay less than a dollar for it and still felt ripped off and technically speaking so did I and I agree.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:41:33 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Doggett

« Reply #803 on: January 13, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »

Dead and Buried
3/5
Good idea poorly done. Shame.
This could've been really, really good.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #804 on: January 13, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »

Fright Night

3/5...just for this female vamp.

I don't like vampire films but this was alright. One big issue I had with it was the fact that the teenager's girlfriend looked like she was in her early 30's.

The "teenage" girl freind  was Amanda Bearse, (she played Marcy,the Bundy's neighbor on the TV show MARRIED WITH CHILDREN),and she was 28 in 1985. So yeah...she was no teen!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #805 on: January 13, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »

Incubus (2006) - watched this not too long ago, must have forgotten how awful it was, so I watched it again last night.  Tara Reid and friends wreck their SUV, but it's too far to walk back to the main road so they cut through the woods, coming across a building on the way.  Seeing as 8 floodlights come on when they approach, one guy announces that "It looks abandoned".  Yup, and it's only downhill from there.  Inside they find a guy in a glass box, who can apparently control everyone else's minds.  Character development?  One girl doesn't want to get her $500 boots dirty, another guy mentions something about the Lord Of The Rings.  That's the sum total of the character development.  Tara Reed...I guess she mostly just plays herself, and not too convincingly.  Most of the characters reactions to things make little or no sense.  The dialog also makes little to no sense.  Reid knows that the guy in the box is in a coma - not sleeping - because people who are sleeping wake up.  Well, he's got about 8 tubes running into him, maybe he's sedated?  They all think it's vitally important to have working flashlights, even though the building is fairly well lit.  Best part - one guy is taken over by the mind of the guy in the box.  He tries to kill the rest of the characters, then he bites his own tongue off.  What do Tara and company decide to do?  Tie up one of the other people and let them fall asleep so that the guy can take over her mind.  She is taken over, immediately bites her own tongue off, and then they untie her.  She tries to choke Tara.  So what does the big strong guy do?  Pull her hands away from Tara's throat and tie her up?  No, he puts a plastic bag over her head and kills her.  Well...guess that didn't work out too well.  We're told several times that the guy in the box has bitten his own tongue off, but by the end of the movie he's talking perfectly well.

Yeah...well...at several points in the film you could see Tara Reed's bra right through her shirt, plain as day.  So, it wasn't totally without its good points.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett

« Reply #806 on: January 13, 2009, 05:41:58 PM »

Thank you for Smoking
4/5
This was the good stuff.

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #807 on: January 13, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »

Wieners- 1/5 why did i torture myself by sitting all the way through this

The Entrance- 2/5 good idea, badly done, the road to terrible movies is paved with good ideas....

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #808 on: January 13, 2009, 07:46:51 PM »

Black Christmas, finally got around to it and it was a delight.

I also reacquainted myself with C.H.U.D. -- some movies just get better with age, although I was painfully aware that the actors in the underground scenes were all using flashlights despite the bright lights already there...

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #809 on: January 14, 2009, 08:21:44 AM »

Dirty Harry *** out of ****.  Since I never seen Dirty Harry I decided to rent it.  It was enjoyable to watch and I didn't feel that I wasted my time with it. 
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.