Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:30:48 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110634 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #840 on: January 22, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »

doggett-  have you ever seen "the game"?

If it's the thing with Michael Douglas...I saw a little and got bored.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #841 on: January 23, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »

I think it's by the guy who did seven.

tiyanak (1988) - who doesn't like a nice baby?  But what if the baby is not so nice and is actually a monster baby?  then you have to talk to the voodoo lady and try to look past it's protective cuteness and kill it!  that's the challenge for these guys in thailand circa 1988.   Unfortunately, the fact that the monstoddler  is obviously a rubber doll with fangs makes this more laughable than scary.  the print is atrocious and at 2 hours it's about an hour too long.  Rare horror fans may want to check it out and the cast gives it their all but I'd at least wait for a better print.
Doggett

« Reply #842 on: January 24, 2009, 08:25:25 AM »

Vampyres 3/5
The film has little to no plot. Also it contains the worst sex scene I have ever scene!!!!
But the lead actress is just so sexy Smile

Striptease 4/5
Very funny.
The only thing I don't like, ironically, is the stripping Question There's something very odd about Demi's body...

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #843 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »

hubog (2001)-  this was an early directorial effort by a guy named joel Lanagan who did a recent favorite of mine called "Zsa zsa Zaturnah"  a colorful super hero movie from the phillepenes.  This is something much different and decidedly darker.  With abusive boyfriends and a story centered around a girl and her autistic younger sister,  I guess you'd have to call it a chick flick but I liked it anyway.   The cover is very misleading and, like all foreign films, is supposedly "erotic" .  How people still fall for that is beyond me.  Actually, I guess I did too.  foreign films promise eroticism and give you some unbelievably depressing story abuot say a guy riding a schwinn bicycle through some dilapdated village and he gets to his hut and everyone is dead.  That's what I have found to be the case anyway.   I liked the two girls and the boyfriends were Lifetime ready brutes.  There is a backdrop of rich vs poor and manilla politics and something involving boats and shipping.  it adds a layer of commentary to the film, like how the state is perfectly happy to allow people to live in poverty and have corrupt police and then they want to "rescue" the autistic girl from her sister because she can't offer her the things they can at the fancy government center for mentally ill children.  nice priorities, no wonder the people are seen rioting in the streets.
Doggett

« Reply #844 on: January 24, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »

Die you zombie Bastards!
?/5
I really don't know what to make of it.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #845 on: January 24, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »

Die you zombie Bastards!
?/5

I bought it from HMV for £10!  Buggedout It's pretty out there, but really....it's rubbish.

Doggett

« Reply #846 on: January 24, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »

Die you zombie Bastards!
?/5

I bought it from HMV for £10!  Buggedout It's pretty out there, but really....it's rubbish.

That's what I did yesterday  Smile
It could have done with more of those green women...I'm pretty sure that would have made it more bearable Smile

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #847 on: January 24, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »

It could have done with more of those green women...I'm pretty sure that would have made it more bearable Smile

Oh yeah, that was pretty much the reason I bought it  BounceGiggle

Doggett

« Reply #848 on: January 24, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »

Oh yeah, that was pretty much the reason I bought it  BounceGiggle

We both need a life  BounceGiggle
I would have liked more chick scientists at the beginning looking for that monster guy...If the whole film was that I'd be happy. But it wasn't. Bluesad

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #849 on: January 24, 2009, 09:59:12 PM »

ROBO-C.H.I.C. (1989): A super-sexy-cyborg (Kathy Shower/Jennifer Estrada after Kathy quits the role) must stop a nerd from setting off a series of nuclear bombs while fighting off drug kingpins and an incompetent biker gang.  Scattered boobies keep up male interest of this goofy, watchable b-movie farce.  You’ll get it for Kathy Showers’ breasts, but you’ll keep it for Peter Johnson’s engrossing “hot-dog-ordering” scene!  It wasn’t good, but I liked it better than almost everyone else, judging by Andrew’s ‘skull’ review and the reader comments.  2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #850 on: January 25, 2009, 08:09:40 AM »

Miami Blues  (1990) Thumbup

When Fred Frenger gets out of prison, he decides to start over in Miami, Florida, where he starts a violent one-man crime wave. He soon meets up with amiable college student/prostitute Susie Waggoner. Opposing Frenger is Sgt Hoke Moseley, a cop who is getting a bit old for the job, especially since the job of cop in 1980's Miami is getting crazier all the time.

Rating: 1 billion out of 10!  Wink

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #851 on: January 25, 2009, 08:42:31 AM »

No Contest (1994) - A Die Hard type movie, with Playboy Playmate Shannon Tweed in the Bruce Willis role.  Andrew Dice Clay is the head terrorist, and Rowdy Roddy Piper is one of the bad guys.  This was actually pretty good!  No nudity from our playmate, but she does run around in a pair of plum colored leggings for the second half of the movie.  I liked that a lot  TeddyR  Plenty of ridiculous fight scenes, idiotic cops, and a ludicrous ending.  Just a good time all around.  Goes to show that if you rip off a good movie, you can at least make something moderately fast paced and entertaining.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett

« Reply #852 on: January 25, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »

Star Trek III The Search for Spock
2/5
Other than the destruction of the Enterprise there's not really much to recommend.

Star Trek IV The Voyage Home
4/5
80's time travel comedy Thumbup When Kirk got demoted to captain, I cried. AWESOME.

Doggett

« Reply #853 on: January 26, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »

Ruthless People
4/5 80's classic

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #854 on: January 27, 2009, 09:29:16 AM »

Return to House on Haunted Hill (2007) - So as it turns out, all the ghostly activity in the previous movie was due to a small statue located in the "heart" of the insane asylum.  A college professor has spent his whole career trying to locate the statue, and he takes a couple of his students (one of whom is Cerina Vincent) to the asylum to search for it.  At the same time, a bad guy who wants to sell the statue for $5 million shows up, along with his gang of thugs, and a couple of people he's kidnapped.  So, the asylum locks them all in, and they're picked off in order, starting with the people who only got one or two lines, and working their way up to the folks who got three or four lines, and finally the main characters.  This was pretty good, with enough character development to keep me interested in the plight of these people.  The atmosphere in the asylum was pretty spooky, and the action moved along at a good pace.  It was more an action/horror movie, with little suspense.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.