Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:55:04 PM
714250 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110463 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #870 on: February 05, 2009, 08:51:20 AM »

Raging Sharks (2005) - I only made it about two-thirds of the way through this.  Sharks attack an underwater research facility, chewing off the air line and power line going to the surface.  The people inside stand around and talk about what a terrible predicament they're in, and the two guys who are in charge of fixing the damage are too lazy and obnoxious to do their jobs, so there's lots of arguing.  Meanwhile, the guy who was in charge of the project is on a Navy submarine, heading to the base.  Some IDIOT thought it would be a good idea to include a prosecuting attorney type guy who constantly barrages the project leader with accusations of running an unsafe facility.  Finally the sub arrives at the base, they're all saved!  No wait, just then the sub's engine room spontaneously combusts - for no freakin' reason whatsoever - so they have to wait another 25 minutes (they can estimate this precisely) before being rescued. 

Turned it off at that point.  1.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #871 on: February 05, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »

The X Files : Fight The Future
3/5 
Terrific ending, but could've done with more monsters.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #872 on: February 05, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Verison of Hobgoblins.  Man, that film is bad, but at least the guy and robots made the film bareable.  Would it be normal to actually want to watch the film in its regular format?  I sort of want to.

You might want to check out Andrew's Rick Sloane interview.  He talks about HOBGOBLINS and about the MST3K version. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #873 on: February 06, 2009, 02:08:07 PM »

hobgoblins is a great episode.

female yakuza boss (1973) -    I'm new to the japanese region of the international grindhouse but I was very impreessed with this.  there  was  atime when people were positive japan was gonig to take over the US as the world superpower.  fortunately for us they screwed it up by going overboard in some real estate specualtion bubble, something that will never happen here of course,  but you can see why people were kind of afraid of them.  Though working with a small budget this has great direction and solid acting, though with most of the action taking place in these little tent/ fort / house things in some sort of underground neighborhood it is certanily lacking in scenery.  Mainly this is remarkable for it's over the top, and that's no misuse of that phrase, sex and violence.  men in this movie are constantly  sucking on womens tattooed breasts and inserting drugs in their private regions for smuggling.  they all act baudy and awful and have dep awful laughs 'harharhar".   finale is stupendous.
Pilgermann

« Reply #874 on: February 06, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »

Finally saw The Brain That Wouldn't Die.  Why did I wait so long to see this wonderful flick?!  The gory climactic scenes do not disappoint, and I can only imagine what audiences thought when this was first released (I was actually taken by surprise by the neck-biting part).  It's good, goofy, somewhat sleazy fun!

Doggett

« Reply #875 on: February 06, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »

Ghostbusters 2
4/5
Bustin' makes me feel good  Thumbup

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #876 on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »

return of the living dead -  I hadn't seen this since it came out, i was 11, and it is just as great the second time around.  Alot of it is funny but it somehow doesn't take away from the horror, probably because the acting is so good, it doesn't just feel like someone voicing some smarmy screenwriters jaded inabliity to write a good horror movie.  It's crazy 80's energy is expressed perfectly by linnea quigley's iconic nude punk girl in a graveyard.  the punks are cartoonish in a way that didn't really make sense at the time but sort of does now, since all the piercings and so forth have been a part of the mainstream for at least a decade.  the commentary track reveals an absurd attention to detail and I think hugely unwarrented self doubt on the part of the director.  a classic.  If I wanted to explain to a martian what a movie was I'd show them this.  5/5
Paquita

« Reply #877 on: February 07, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »

return of the living dead -  I hadn't seen this since it came out, i was 11, and it is just as great the second time around.  Alot of it is funny but it somehow doesn't take away from the horror, probably because the acting is so good, it doesn't just feel like someone voicing some smarmy screenwriters jaded inabliity to write a good horror movie.  It's crazy 80's energy is expressed perfectly by linnea quigley's iconic nude punk girl in a graveyard.  the punks are cartoonish in a way that didn't really make sense at the time but sort of does now, since all the piercings and so forth have been a part of the mainstream for at least a decade.  the commentary track reveals an absurd attention to detail and I think hugely unwarrented self doubt on the part of the director.  a classic.  If I wanted to explain to a martian what a movie was I'd show them this.  5/5

I love Return of the Living Dead!!!  I'm normally against talking zombies (they can say '"brains", or sentences involving brains, but thats all), but the half zombie lady was really scary and the guy that says "send more paramedics" over the CB radio was golden.  I never really understood (or actually bothered to research) the relationship of Return of the Living Dead and Return of the Living Dead 2, if there even is one.  I just thought they were the same movie for a really long time because at least one of the actors is in both and the only part from 2 that stood out to me was when the girl lets her zombie boyfriend at her brains, because it was really romantic.  I thought that happened in the first one and then I watched it and didn't see that part and thought I made it up but then I saw part 2.

I know theres run-on sentences there, but eh!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #878 on: February 07, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »

paquita- I'm sorry, but don't remeber the scene where the girl lets her boyfriend eat her brains!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #879 on: February 07, 2009, 08:50:36 PM »

ZEBRAMAN (2004): When amorphous green aliens invade Yokohama, a wimpy schoolteacher dons the costume of an obscure TV superhero to fight them.  A bit too much drama and character development for an action/comedy, but there are enough of director Takashi Miike's trademark weird sequences, without his sometimes off-putting perversity, to make this (mostly) kid-friendly effort interesting.  As always, the best scenes are when Miike lets his imagination run wild: the deliberately campy recreations of the fictional Japanese "Zebraman" TV show (sort of like a crazier "Ultraman") and a dream sequence where the teacher imagines an intriguing sidekick, Zebranurse!  Obviously, fans of Japanese superheroes will have to check this one out.  3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #880 on: February 08, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »

Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008) - This is the Asylum version of this story.  Some hot babes are supposed to be teleported to the other side of the planet, unfortunately they wind up 600 km beneath the earth's surface, where there's ample sunlight, and dinosaurs!  Greg Evigan teams up with his ex-wife, who luckily has one of those machines that can bore through the earth, and they're off on a rescue mission.  The girls in dino-land run around in their tight tank tops sweating a lot, being attacked by dinosaurs, whining about how they're all going to die, telling each other to quit whining, etc.  Good fun, I love this sort of movie.  Evigan's wife (Dedee Pfeiffer?)  actually does a really good job with her character. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #881 on: February 08, 2009, 10:28:27 AM »

Kangaroo Jack.....don't ask  Bluesad

Doggett

« Reply #882 on: February 08, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

I saw that on ITV yesterday !!!!

Why do I bother getting up in the morning Bluesad

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #883 on: February 08, 2009, 11:36:23 AM »

I saw that on ITV yesterday !!!!

Why do I bother getting up in the morning Bluesad

So did I, I went to see my grandparents and my grandad had it on. It was awful, but I ended up sitting through it because Estella Warren might be the most smoking hot female in the history of mankind!  TongueOut

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #884 on: February 09, 2009, 08:11:03 AM »

Hoffa ** out of ****.  Not bad, but not great wither.  I think instead of using all of the flashbacks to tell the story it should have just started at the ended then go right to past then works it's way back into the time the film started at.  I though that would have worked better overall.  Also the profanity could have been cut back a bit as well.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.