Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:24:09 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110047 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #885 on: February 09, 2009, 08:32:52 AM »

Elvira Mistress Of The Dark
4.99 recurring /5

As much as I love this film, it always slightly bothers me that it ends on tassel twirling Bluesad
They should have it at the beginning or the middle.
It's kinda out of place at the end.
Especially for a family film.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett

« Reply #886 on: February 09, 2009, 08:37:16 AM »

The Blob (1988)
4/5
This was great, okay, so the male lead comes across as camp as opposed to tough, which is what I think he was going for. But it was so much fun and I couldn't help but think of the mood slime from Ghostbusters II. Great 80s effects, you couldn't ask for more...

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #887 on: February 09, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »

Fugitive Rage (1996) - A mob boss apparently tries to have his girlfriend killed, so he's in court on attempted murder charges.  His lawyer gets him off, but the girl's sister walks up to him and puts six rounds into him at point blank range.  But he lives  TeddyR  The woman is put in prison, but the FBI offers her freedom if she'll kill the mob boss.  So they take her to a safe house where she's given about two minutes of training.  She was apparently some sort of skilled commando in the past, I dunno.  Did I mention she put six rounds in this guy from point blank range and didn't manage to kill him?  Anyhow, this junk consumes the middle part of the movie, while the mob dude's idiot henchmen try to kill her.  It's too stupid to explain.  Okay, I'll try.  The woman is walking down the street, the mob guys run into her with their car.  Apparently they weren't going fast enough to hurt her, so she winds up on the hood of the car.  They drive down the street for a while, eventually coming close to the curb and going slow enough for her to jump off uninjured.  They're so busy looking at her out the back window of the car that they run into a parked car in front of them, roll over, and the whole thing erupts into a huge fireball.  They then get out of the car - uninjured - and try to shoot her.

Uh, yeah.  The woman eventually attacks the mob boss' house, easily going through all his blind, deaf and moronic guards.  The biggest problem with this movie is that the mob boss is fairly well acted and interesting, while the good girl is poorly acted and dull as dirt.  Next problem is that it's fairly boring overall.  There's a smattering of gratuitous nudity, but that really doesn't help much.  Last problem is all the fight scenes - there are a lot of them, and they're all laughably stupid.  If you're looking for something to do an MST3K routine on, this might fit the bill.  Otherwise I think it's pretty safe to skip it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:21:47 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #888 on: February 09, 2009, 05:07:41 PM »

I've been watching Monster A Go-Go now that I have gotten it.  I've been taking breaks after every 10 minutes to make it through it.  The plus side of watching this movie is that my review of it is looking rather good and pretty funny.  Anyways, I'll finish watching the movie today.

Speaking of Monster A Go-Go, I've also watched the Mystery Science Theater verison of it recently.  It was pretty good.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #889 on: February 09, 2009, 06:34:41 PM »

info geek-  man I hated that movie.  do you have the version with "psyched by the 4 d witch"?  I hated that movie even more
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #890 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07:41 PM »

info geek-  man I hated that movie.  do you have the version with "psyched by the 4 d witch"?  I hated that movie even more

I have that verison with that movie.  I will not watch though because it doesn't sound like my kind of thing and it sounds extremely dumb.  After finishing Monster A Go-Go, I can't take watching another stupid movie for a while.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #891 on: February 09, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »

THE GUY MADDIN COLLECTION

ARCHANGEL (1991):  In frozen Archangel in 1919, a one-legged lieutenant meets a woman whose husband has amnesia and believes it is always their wedding day, while the local militia fights both Germans and Bolsheviks, not realizing that both World War I and the Russian Revolution are over.  A dreamlike and melancholy meditation on forgetfulness, ignorance and confusion, done in the style of an early sound film.  Watch for the humorous scene where a dying coward uses his own intestine to strangle a Bolshevik.  3.5/5. 

TWILIGHT OF THE ICE NYMPHS (1997): A prisoner returns to his childhood home on an ostrich farm, and becomes involved with two mysterious women.  An uninspiring protagonist in an uninvolving plot leads to a slow slog through a surrealist bog, thankfully livened by wonderfully stylized sets with brash, clashing color schemes that make the film work (somewhat) as a kind of slideshow with (too much) dialogue. 2/5.

THE HEART OF THE WORLD (2000): State scientist” Anna studies “the heart of the world” and learns it is in desperate shape, all while trying to chose between suitors: brothers Osip (a mortician) and Nicolai (an actor playing Christ in a passion play), along with “dark horse” industrialist Akmatov.  Director Guy Maddin pulls out all the stops in this dreamlike, hyperkinetic 6 minute tribute to silent films (especially Soviet Constructivist films such as AELITA, QUEEN OF MARS). At only 6 minutes, this award-winning short is the place to start for anyone wondering about the weird world of Guy Maddin.  5/5. 

Overall, I'd give the set a 4/5, and advise watching TWILIGHT OF THE ICE NYMPHS with the sound off.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #892 on: February 11, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »

Heartstopper (2006) - A really evil dude is executed in prison.  He's taken to a hospital to be autopsied, unfortunately he was into the black arts so he comes back to life and starts ripping people's hearts out.  There's also a young guy and girl at the hospital, Mr. Evil wants to transfer his soul into the girl, so he chases those two around for the remainder of the movie.  Robert Englund also has a part as the sheriff.  A very "okay" movie overall, nothing especially bad about it, but nothing noteworthy either.  The two kids are a bit bland to carry the movie, the killer's a fairly typical evil dude, atmosphere in the hospital is okay.  One good gore scene.  A very run-of-the-mill 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett

« Reply #893 on: February 11, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »

Frankenhooker. 5/5
Brilliant.
I gotta admit, I found the zombie hooker kinda attractive.  Bluesad

I'm worried.

mlnick
New Visitor

« Reply #894 on: February 12, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »

It came! I watched it! ALUCARDA (1975)!

DAM! Really bizzare devil poosesion movie from Mexico. If you like the sound of screaming....really hysterical screaming,this is the movie for you.

A girl named Justine is placed in a convenet where the nuns all dress in what seems to be filthy,bloody rags.Her roomie is a weird girl named Alucarda,who is obssesed with death. They meet up with some weird gypsies,rifle through what seems to be an old tomb,and both become possessed by demons.

Some really silly dialouge,weird imagery,and lotsa blood. LOTS of blood. It seems like someone is bleeding every other minute in this movie! Not quite the classic I expected,but a wild movie nevertheless.

BEST SCENE: Justine is found in a blood filled coffin by one of the nuns....and the crazy demon girl slashes the poor Sister up with her fingernails like a wild animal! Lotsa blood and screaming ensues!

Just found this site searched for one of my favorites and found this post good taste in movies sir
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #895 on: February 12, 2009, 06:50:28 AM »

I have that verison with that movie.  I will not watch though because it doesn't sound like my kind of thing and it sounds extremely dumb.  After finishing Monster A Go-Go, I can't take watching another stupid movie for a while.

Though I enjoyed MONSTER A GO-GO, PSYCHED BY THE 4-D WITCH is really,really an excrutiating experiance! BE AFRAID.BE VERY AFRAID.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #896 on: February 12, 2009, 08:51:47 AM »

paquita- I'm sorry, but don't remeber the scene where the girl lets her boyfriend eat her brains!
I think Paquita is thinking of Part 2.  Same cast, different situation. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett

« Reply #897 on: February 12, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »

Elvira's Haunted Hills 3/5
Bad acting, special effects, and boob jokes that were old fashioned by the l80's. The third worst film I own. Ever.

Body Snatchers 4/5
Here's the problem, surely we should see people before they turn into pods ?
Isn't that were the scares and chills come from ?
To dump people in the middle of an invasion seems a bit pointless, don't we have to watch the familiar, human, surroundings change to pod surroundings. As it's an army base,would we tell the difference between pod routine and military routine ?

The last half an hour is terriffic. Smile
Best ending of all the pod films.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #898 on: February 12, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »

BAD BOY MADE GOOD: THE REVIVAL OF THE BALLET MECANIQUE:  A documentary originally shot for PBS.  In 1924 "bad boy" anat-garde composer George Anthiel wrote a composition scored for "two grand pianos, three xylophones, four bass drums, and a tam-tam, 16 synchronized player pianos, sirens, bells and 3 airplane propellers."  The piece could never be performed the way Anthiel imagined it, however, because the existing technology at that time couldn't synchronise the player pianos.  Decades later, with the help of modern MIDI technology, the piece was finally performed as Anthiel intended.  This documentary is the story of Anthiel, the avante-garde scene in Paris in the 1920s, and the use of modern technology to recreate an artist's dream.  If any of those subjects interest you, its worth seeking out.  3.5/5.

The composition was originally meant to be performed together with an experimental film created by Fernand Léger, but again they were never performed together as intended because of synchronization problems.  Of course, through the miracle of modern technology, you can now see them together, if you're brave enough.  It's still pretty freaky stuff today, you can imagine how people might have reacted in the 1920s.

Ballet mecanique part I:
Small | Large

Part II:
Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #899 on: February 14, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »

The Phantasm Sphere:

All four of the series nicely packaged in a silver sentinel. I liked the first film in the end after initially being baffled and annoyed at all the bad cuts and editing. The scene in the garage with the hammer, is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever watched and The Tall Man is one scary SMF! I hated the whole "Jawa" slave concept and the sqaushing of dead bodies...that was too stupid, but the scenes with The Tall Man at the end completely make up for it! More balls needed too!  TeddyR

As for the rest....Blah! Pretty much the same cast (why won't Reggie die!?), same story (only more confusing), lots of driving around and nobody ever dies!! More balls needed again!!  Bluesad

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.