Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:21:33 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110505 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4275 on: October 27, 2011, 11:54:36 PM »

LOTR The Felowship - gave this one yet another chance and I ended up ejecting it about 2 hours and 15 minutes in

LOTR 2 Towers - gave this one yet another chance and I ended up ejecting it about an hour and a half into it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4276 on: October 28, 2011, 06:21:24 AM »

Everyone is different, I guess, but I can't even imagine doing that - not even after seeing it as many times as I have.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4277 on: October 28, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »

L'ATALANTE (1934):  A young barge skipper brings his new wife to live on board the ship L'atalante with him; confined to the boat, she grows bored, leading to domestic tragedy.  Simple and charming, with comic relief and memorable, poetic shots; a minor classic, but fans of sentimental romances will consider it a must see.  4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4278 on: October 28, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »

Bail Out- Linda Blair and David Hasselhoff star in this pretty useless 80's straight to video actioner. It's like people who work on movies tried to make their own and didn't realize that a movie needs decent dialogue and to go from like a to b to c in some way that doesn't put you to sleep. It wasn't completely terrible though and hasselhoff does a good job. The pre HasselBlair first 15 minutes could easily be lopped off. This is something I'd dvr off THIStv and "watch" only if I was playing guitar mostly.  2.5/5

and no, she doesn't.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4279 on: October 28, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »

I attempted to watch the final LOTR movie and like the others before I ejected it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4280 on: October 28, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »

Dracula Has Risen From the Grave (1968): Hammer continues its Dracula series with Christopher Lee returning yet again to his classic role as Count Dracula, who is here accidentally (or was it?) revived following the events of Dracula: Prince of Darkness only to find his castle has undergone an exorcism ceremony. Outraged by this, Dracula, with the help of a few minions under his control, sets out to exact revenge upon the man who performed these rites - the Mosignor of the Holy Catholic Church Ernest Mueller (Rupert Davies) targeting the Monsigner and his family including the Monsigner's beloved niece Maria (Veronica Carlson). The only one really standing in his way perhaps is Maria's young love interest- the outspoken atheist Paul (Barry Andrews).

This was a pretty solid entry in the series and delivers the goods in terms of gory chills and thrills, exotic beautiful women in both Carlson and Barbara Ewing as the buxom waitress/temptress Zena, good and energetic performances from Lee and  Rupert Davies not to mention Ewan Hooper as a Priest who seemingly loses his way. Best of all perhaps here are the wonderful gothic visuals like the Monsignor climbing the mountainside to Dracula's castle with the golden cross on his back, etc.. Great stuff if a bit cheesy and over the top at times. A lot of fun IMO. *** out of ***** stars.

The Sum of All Fears (2002): CIA analyst Jack Ryan (Ben Affleck) is asked to examine the motivations of a new Russian President and also gets involved with the investigation of nuclear bombs potentially being built in secret in the Ukraine. Eventually all of it will tie together and a terrorist plot involving detonating a nuclear bomb during a championship football game to pit the U.S. against Russia in a potential nightmarish nuclear war. Can Ryan get the information to his boss DCI William Cabot (Morgan Freeman) and the U.S. President Robert Fowler (James Cromwell) in time to stop the bomb and the potential escalation into an end of the world war?

This was pretty solid. It moves well and leaves you guessing as to how it will all ultimately play out. Freeman and Cromwell both give solid performances and the story feels a bit epic in scale. Still it does disappoint on some levels - Affleck isn't fully convincing in the Jack Ryan role, mostly yelling and looking concerned depending on what the scene called for - he's passable I guess but not much more than that. I was a bit disappointed too at the lack of focus on the nuclear explosion and its impact - maybe they didn't have money to do the FX on a large scale. Also the story feels a bit too familiar as this type of story isn't anything new by this point and even at times feels a bit behind the times as the Cold War seems to be making a comeback of sorts here. But the disappointments aside, this is solid enough entertainment to waste away a few hours in an enjoyable fashion. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983): Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) is determined to have a fun family adventure and do it the old-fashioned family bonding way by driving cross country from Illinois to the holiday resort Wally World in California. The trip proves more troublesome and ardous than anyone could have ever predicted as they have zany misadventures and meet up with perhaps even crazier relatives along the way.

This classic has its fun moments and some are downright hilarious albeit a lot of the comedy here is of the more disturbingly dark, certainly non-political correct variety on a lot of levels. In some ways, this film is way ahead of its time as this sort of comedy would become even more popular since and arguably this film is now rather tame by comparison. Still Chevy Chase is great here as the all too believable Clark Griswold, an ordinary family man who finds himself getting into more and more extraordinary and unexpected situations and sure enough slowly is driven over the brink by it all just wanting to at heart have a fun family getaway. A funny comedy but not for those who are easily offended. The best stuff here probably though featuring Clark and his interactions with extended family including Cousin Eddie and his family most notably Aunt Edna (Imogene Coca). Beverly D'Angelo offers great support here to Chase playing Clark's addled wife Ellen. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4281 on: October 28, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »

I attempted to watch the final LOTR movie and like the others before I ejected it

AAAAAHHHHHRRRRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you live????????? Buggedout Buggedout BounceGiggle TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #4282 on: October 29, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »

Got all the superhero movies of the year done in one fell swoop (xcept Captain America which I saw in theaters):

GREEN LANTERN - I liked Synestro and thought Peter Saarsgard did a good job as Hector, the story was OK, but Hal wasn't really Hal and Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively were just so, so dull.  Prefer GL: FIRST FLIGHT. 5/10

GREEN HORNET - this was....I just...no. You've broken my heart, Christoph Waltz. 0/10
(for the record I haven't really watched the show and don't have strong feelings either way about Seth Rogen in general)

THOR - I dug this.  Cast was excellent, especially Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston (Loki).  And it's always cool to see Agent Caulson.  Storywise I liked Capt. America a little better but this was really fun.  (So weird to think that Kenneth Branagh directed this) 8/10

XMEN: FIRST CLASS - It's official: Chaos is in love.

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR
OK, Fassbender aside...this was OK.  It was kinda weird to see a young version of Prof. X but I thought McAvoy did a good job.  Kevin Bacon was a cool villain.  I liked Mystique but the other secondary mutants didn't do anything for me.  Better than X3 (except for the Beast character who was much better in X3) but not as good as the first two.  I would've loved this if the whole thing had been Magneto Nazi-hunting in South America.  6.5/10

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4283 on: October 29, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »

MST3K: NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST:  A real mixed bag.  First off, the Roger Corman-produced feature monster movie is talky and terrible, and Mike and the bots don't do much to make it tolerable.  On the other hand the short, "Once Upon a Honeymoon," is a bizarre musical thing with an effeminate guardian angel that's advertising either phones or appliances, and there's a lot of great one-liners.  This is also the only experiment that contains alternate host host segments.  The "standard" ones introduce Pearl as the replacement for Frank, and they're terrible---she's far too abusive towards him and it becomes awkward and un-funny.  But the alternate "Turkey Day" segments are as good as the standard ones are bad.  Various characters from previous episodes visit Deep 13 for Thanksgiving dinner, and Jack Perkins gets drunk and hits on Mr. B-Natural---it's comedy gold!  3.5/5 for the Turkey Day version (3/5 for the standard).

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4284 on: October 29, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

"Godzilla: King of the Monsters" (1956)

Small | Large

Classic "Americanized" re-edit of the first "Godzilla" film, in which square jawed, chain smoking U.S. news correspondent Raymond Burr recounts the story of The Big G's debut monster mash through Tokyo.

Still as bad-ass as ever!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4285 on: October 29, 2011, 07:14:40 PM »

Let Me In (2010)

I know there was a thread about it not too long ago, but I just watched it last night on NetFlix streaming.

What a good little horror film. I was impressed. I watched it really without any knowledge of it's premise, so it was nice to have that little bit of mystery, although it didn't take long to find out the nature of the new neighbor.

One could call it a supernatural horror film with dramatic/romantic elements, but I would consider it more the other way around. The dramatic pace was just right and the supernatural horror elements were just understated enough that when the action happened, it was jarring and effective. Clearly CGI enhancement was used, but it wasn't over-the-top, and much of the action was more obscured so that it wasn't so obviously CGI. It took a very big backseat.

I finished the film being very impressed. I know it was a remaking of a Swedish film, but it was a pretty damn good bit of horror/drama.

4.5/5

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4286 on: October 29, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »

I watched all 3 of these today

there is amazing continuity throughout all of them and enjoyed the hell out of them

5/5 for all 3 of them

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4287 on: October 29, 2011, 09:25:40 PM »

"Godzilla: King of the Monsters" (1956)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZ6Ktjynh0

Classic "Americanized" re-edit of the first "Godzilla" film, in which square jawed, chain smoking U.S. news correspondent Raymond Burr recounts the story of The Big G's debut monster mash through Tokyo.

Still as bad-ass as ever!!

Caught this one on tv this afternoon.  Was surprised by how much I had forgotten.  It still rocks.   Thumbup

Hold onto your dreams ....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4288 on: October 30, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »

MULHOLLAND DRIVE (2001): A naive would-be actress from Ontario meets and falls for a knockout amnesiac; impenetrable dream sequences and reality shifts follow.  Beautiful confusion from David Lynch. 4/5.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4289 on: October 30, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »

MULHOLLAND DRIVE (2001): A naive would-be actress from Ontario meets and falls for a knockout amnesiac; impenetrable dream sequences and reality shifts follow.  Beautiful confusion from David Lynch. 4/5.

That's not the first viewing of this for you is it Rev?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.