Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:26:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2094206 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5415 on: September 18, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »

Sleeping Dogs (1998) - A jewel thief is in the middle of pulling a big heist on an emerald processing facility that's owned by some gangster, but the cops bust the place and everybody ends up on a spaceship bound for the prison colony on Titan. The gangster gets free and releases all his henchmen and it's up to the thief to stop him before he rams the whole ship into the prison. This is total b-movie cheesiness all the way, sort of light exploitation elements and more than a few comedy relief characters. A fun bit of fluff. 3.75/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5416 on: September 18, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »

Oh, PLEASE.

I could sum up the entire review with just this, but I won't.
They don't suck blood, the eat human flesh.
The video looks like it was done by druggie college students FOR druggie college students.

Here's the whole thing; blame YouTube....

Small | Large

I gotta go lie down....

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5417 on: September 19, 2012, 07:09:34 AM »

The Astro-Zombies (1968) - a mad scientist creates an Astro Zombie - pretty much like a regular zombie except it's solar powered. Meanwhile some CIA agents (if Barney Fife got 10% on the law enforcement entrance exam, these guys got 20%) are trying to track him down, and a foreign agent by the name of Satana (both in the movie and in real life) is also after him. Who wouldn't want Astro Zombies as the ultimate weapon of world domination, ya know? This is total cheese from beginning to end. My wife had an awesome time MST3K'ing it, as soon as she saw the mad scientist's assistant:

Yes his hair is so greasy and matted down you can see your own reflection in it. Then there's the fact that the whole last half of the movie is supposed to take place at night, but it's obviously filmed in the daytime. You can see the blue sky, the very noticeable shadows cast by everything, but the guy's using a flashlight  BounceGiggle  According to the IMDb, the villainess Satana began exotic dancing at the age of 13, and that didn't surprise me in the least lol. 4/5 for pure ludicrous nonsense.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5418 on: September 19, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »

The Astro-Zombies (1968) - a mad scientist creates an Astro Zombie - pretty much like a regular zombie except it's solar powered. Meanwhile some CIA agents (if Barney Fife got 10% on the law enforcement entrance exam, these guys got 20%) are trying to track him down, and a foreign agent by the name of Satana (both in the movie and in real life) is also after him. Who wouldn't want Astro Zombies as the ultimate weapon of world domination, ya know? This is total cheese from beginning to end. My wife had an awesome time MST3K'ing it, as soon as she saw the mad scientist's assistant:

Yes his hair is so greasy and matted down you can see your own reflection in it. Then there's the fact that the whole last half of the movie is supposed to take place at night, but it's obviously filmed in the daytime. You can see the blue sky, the very noticeable shadows cast by everything, but the guy's using a flashlight  BounceGiggle  According to the IMDb, the villainess Satana began exotic dancing at the age of 13, and that didn't surprise me in the least lol. 4/5 for pure ludicrous nonsense.

There are two sequels to this, y'know.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #5419 on: September 19, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »

Oh, PLEASE.

I could sum up the entire review with just this, but I won't.
They don't suck blood, the eat human flesh.
The video looks like it was done by druggie college students FOR druggie college students.

Here's the whole thing; blame YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdseKkLrGuU

I gotta go lie down....

On dollar movie night,they would owe you at least 50 cents back. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #5420 on: September 19, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »

SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN (2012) - revisionist action-heavy take on the fairy tale.
Small | Large

Overall, it was better than I was expecting, although Kristen Stewart really needs to come up with an acting technique besides "stare into the distance with your mouth open." Charlize Theron camps it up & seems to be having a pretty good time being a villain; and Chris Hemsworth is real pretty.  Ian McShane has a minor role as one of the seven dwarves (yeah, they're in it too), so that was cool. 6.5/10

THE HUNGER GAMES (2012)

Small | Large

So I haven't read the books; I don't know if that helps or not, but I really enjoyed this.  It cribs from a lot of sources (there's elements of BATTLE ROYALE, MOST DANGEROUS GAME, 1984, TRIUMPH OF THE WILL, early MTV) but it somehow works; it's a fairly well-constructed world and the story has its own energy even if it isn't overly original.  Excellent performances from Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson and Stanley Tucci.  One thing though: why do people in the future always have such ridonkulous made-up names?   7.5/10

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
claws
« Reply #5421 on: September 19, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »

The Notebook (2004)

Summer romance: rich girl loves poor boy but rich girl's parents don't like poor boy. Rich girl is forced to move away and poor boy writes her a letter every day for 365 days. Rich girl's mother hides all letters. 7 years later: rich girl falls in love with new rich boy. They plan to get married but poor boy shows up and rich girl is confused.

Sentimental and corny, over the top dramatic it almost works as a parody. They ending lays it on pretty thick so be prepared. Why this got such a high rating at IMDb (7.9/10) is beyond me. Funny enough, according to IMDb demographic breakdown more males than females saw this obvious chick flick. Either way, it was amusing and entertaining for all the wrong reasons: 4/5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5422 on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »

I watched a truly atrocious piece of cinematic excreta this weekend called
ZOMBIE A-HOLE.  Of course, what could you expect with a title like that?

The main zombie had a really cheap Wal-Mart mask that did not allow his mouth
to move AT ALL.  He shot a highly corrosive venom that dissolved flesh on contact
and looked suspiciously like green Silly String.  Mainly, the movie seemed to be an
excuse to show a large number of rather ugly women naked, and then show them
getting eaten by the zombie.

The main zombie hunter is a Bible-thumping Cowboy who is out to get the zombie that
killed one of his two twin sisters.

Very moderate amuseument value.  Rent only if everything else is checked out!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5423 on: September 21, 2012, 07:52:27 AM »

"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" (2004)
Small | Large

Jude Law is an ace mercenary fighter pilot who has to save the Earth - and his plucky girl-reporter love interest - from a mad scientist who's threatening the world with an army of giant robots. This big-budget retro-futuristic action flick set in an alternate-universe 1930s is kinda like a high tech "Rocketeer."

Visually "Sky Captain" is a trip - the film mixes influences from Indiana Jones, Tim Burton's "Batman," 1930s pulp magazines, and Max Fleischer's WWII "Superman" cartoons. Story-wise it's pretty basic old fashioned movie-serial action - i.e., nothing to write home about - but the film's unique look makes up for it. Oh, and Gwyneth Paltrow is cute as hell as the Lois Lane-style damsel in distress.

This flick tanked when it was released in 2004 but it's worth a look!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:55:37 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5424 on: September 21, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »

THE RED SQUIRREL [LA ARDILLA ROJA] (1993): A man is about to commit suicide when a beautiful young woman on a motorcycle crashes nearby; she has amnesia, and he tricks her into believing he's her boyfriend. An overlooked but haunting Spanish psychological thriller, full of odd and obscure portents and distant echoes of VERTIGO. 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #5425 on: September 22, 2012, 02:05:12 AM »

Well, I just re-watched two of my favorite movies of all time.

Malcolm X (1992)
&
The Messenger (2009)

Both are great pieces of film and I recommend checking both out if you haven't already. It goes without saying I give each *****/*****.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5426 on: September 22, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »

MST3K: TIME OF THE APES: One of the goofiest experiments ever: a ridiculous, cheap Japanese PLANET OF THE APES ripoff with dramatic zooms and UFOS, made even less coherent because it's the entire run of a TV show squeezed into a 90-minute feature, all dubbed by the incompetent Sandy Frank. It's terrific! The movie and riffing so hilarious they make up for some weak, juvenile host segments. 4, maybe 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5427 on: September 22, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »

With the kids this evening:

"Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed"
Small | Large

Sequel to live action hit finds the Mystery Inc. gang trying to find out who's re-animating old enemies from their past cases. Once again, cheap CGI and goofball humor is the order of the day.

In addition to Sarah Michelle Gellar returning as Daphne, Alicia Silverstone adds to the eye candy quotient as a mysterious TV reporter.

claws
« Reply #5428 on: September 23, 2012, 01:25:50 AM »

(500) Days of Summer (2009)

Tom works for a gift card company and is in love with the boss' new assistant named Summer. They eventually start a romantic relationship but Summer's idea of love doesn't match Tom's.

Smart, fresh and offbeat Indie comedy that sort of pokes fun at romance. Glossy and engaging, never unintentional corny, packed with excellent performances, witty dialogue and a good timing for the funny while being spot on when it comes to the drama without being pretentious.

Is this a chick flick? Not really. I'd say its perfectly safe for guys to watch. 5/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5429 on: September 23, 2012, 08:04:17 AM »

"Fantastic Voyage" (1966)
Small | Large

A medical team is miniaturized and sent into the body of a comatose Russian defector to perform brain surgery in this stylish '60s sci-fi. The whiz-bang "inside the human body" special effects still hold up pretty well today. Donald Pleasance is always fun to watch and Racquel Welch... well, she's Racquel Welch. :D

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.