Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:14:16 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093789 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5790 on: January 16, 2013, 11:56:42 PM »

"The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" (1974)

Small | Large

Reading the absolutely savage reviews of the new "Texas Chainsaw 3D" gave me a jones to watch Tobe Hooper's original "TCM" again, which I haven't seen in 20 years at least. You all know the story, what little there is of it - a group of five youngsters on a trip thru the backroads of Texas run afoul of Leatherface and his demented cannibal clan. Bludgeoning, meat hooking, and of course chain sawing immediately follow.

Pretty shocking for its time, this is still a fairly nasty, grungy little flick even by today's standards. My only complaints are the flat ending, and the fact that the "final girl" does absolutely nothing but scream, scream, scream her head off for the last 30 minutes or so, which begins to grate on the nerves after a while.  Seriously, I was like "Pleeeeease stuff the rag back in her mouth and shut her the hell up!"  BounceGiggle

Special note, the version I watched is the "2 Disc Ultimate Version" DVD, which is restored and remastered and features a second disc full of bonus geek goodies. Splatter hounds, this is your definitive "TCM" experience.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
major jay

« Reply #5791 on: January 17, 2013, 07:29:09 AM »

TEENAGE ZOMBIES (1959)
 it's no suprise to anyone here at BM.O that Jerry Warren makes bad movies, TEENAGE ZOMBIES is jaw-dropping BAD.The main set looks like the set from NIGHT OF THE GHOULS, and the film itself is just that, a film, kinda like spots on your glasses.
 See it if you can.   

I watched it on youtube yesterday... and had a good time with it. Smile
The level of my bad taste sometimes even shocks me.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5792 on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:58 AM »

Slipstream (1989) - in a post-apocalyptic future, two bounty hunters are bringing a captured man back to the authorities, but an opportunistic Bill Paxton swipes their quarry and takes off with him. Everyone flies around in airplanes in this future, so Paxton spends the rest of the movie flying to remote places on his way to claim his bounty while the bounty hunters chase him in their really cool little plane. This was pretty good for the first two-thirds, as affable and goofy Paxton gets to know the Byron-quoting bounty he's accompanying. But then they arrive at some underground complex where people live the good life - and that just drags on and on forever. Like 10 minutes of people dancing. Got really boring unfortunately. Too bad because it wasn't bad at all up until then. Well you know, it was "bad" but in a good way. 2.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5793 on: January 17, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »

Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (1990) - I didn't lke this as much as jack. predictable plot and dialogue and basically the only effort put into anything were the special effects which were okay I guess. There was one scene I liked, the comic relief boyfriend slips and falls in some slime and goes "Jesus Christ, What the hell is that?" then he walks over to a water cooler and washes his hands off, all in real time. it doesn't sound funny but it sort of was. 2/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5794 on: January 18, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »

The Rig (2010) - some people are on an offshore oil rig and a nasty little monster gets aboard and starts killing them. Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff. Characters were okay, somewhat good. It was a bit too cheesy to create much tension. Atmosphere was decent, it was obviously filmed aboard a real offshore oil rig, which added plenty of authenticity to it. They stuck an extra ending on after the main ending was finished, which was pretty much a waste of time. 3.25/5.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5795 on: January 18, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »

Hell Comes to Frogtown- between this and They Live roddy Piper is just about the greatest actor of all time in terms of consistency. bad acting and writing with a fun ridiculous plot and lots of dumb humor and hot babes, some undressed not quite enough. can't believe it took me this long to see it. A great b movie that isn't SO great that's is actually an A movie like, say, the Dark backward or something. 5/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5796 on: January 18, 2013, 01:02:22 PM »

TIM & ERIC'S BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE (2012): Cult TV comedians Tim & Eric are given a billion dollars to try to make a movie, squander it on hairdos and personal assistants, then try to make up the balance for their vicious corporate backers by rehabilitating an abandoned shopping mall overrun by wolves. Tim & Eric's awkward brand of meta-humor is often fascinating, but the mean-spirited grossout jokes clash with and ultimately overwhelm the clever avant-garde jokes, making the movie something of a missed opportunity for the absurdist comedy cause. John Waters would approve, however. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5797 on: January 19, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »

Super Hybrid (2010) - a wrecked Chevy Nova is taken to the Chicago police department's parking garage / impound lot, and before long it's not only repaired itself, but it's shape-shifting into other cars and chasing the mechanics around  TeddyR  I liked this; it's cheesy, unbelievable, and a fair bit of fun. The acting was pretty good and the characters were somewhat believable, the atmosphere in the parking garage was decent, and although the action stuff was a tad too silly too take seriously it did manage to create at least a modicum of suspense. It threw in a little CGI here and there that was, shall we say, bargain basement. Most will probably think it's very average but for me it managed to hold a special charm. 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5798 on: January 19, 2013, 03:40:08 PM »

"Justice League: Doom" (2011)

Small | Large

More animated fun from the DC Universe. Vandal Savage recruits the JLA's biggest enemies into a new "Legion Of Doom," and uses secret files on each JLA member stolen from the Batcave to get them out of the way before launching Savage's ultimate take-over-the-world plot. Not much story, but lotsa action.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
major jay

« Reply #5799 on: January 20, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »

THE BABY (1973)
I caught this on TCM Friday night and was anticipating something weird, and though it was it was also boring. It reminded me of a made for television movie from that era. The ending was good though.  2/5

sAb3J7WONhE
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:43:12 AM by major jay » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5800 on: January 20, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »

This weekend I watched THE HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET and JUDGE DREDD.

HOUSE was a very entertaining thriller; I believe it was a remake but it has been so long since I saw the original (if I ever saw it) that I really didn't see the twist coming and really enjoyed it. DREDD was a very enjoyable if mega-violent popcorn flick with some excellent special effects.  Overall, I got my rent money's worth.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5801 on: January 20, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »

Say The Room last night, Tommy W. was there- I EVEN GOT A PICTURE WITH HIM AND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Then again, he is from Chalmette, north of where I live. Smile

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5802 on: January 20, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »

THE ISLE [SEOM] (2000): A mute woman who runs a fishing resort becomes obsessed with a suicidal fugitive hiding out in one of the floating cabins. A bizarre, perverted sadomasochistic love story in a unique setting; animal lovers may feel like boycotting this one, though. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
dean

« Reply #5803 on: January 20, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »

Say The Room last night, Tommy W. was there- I EVEN GOT A PICTURE WITH HIM AND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Then again, he is from Chalmette, north of where I live. Smile

That's awesome. It's guys like Tommy who give a wannabe filmmaker like myself hope.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5804 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »

Curse of Bigfoot (1976) - we begin by watching a dog lap up an entire dish of milk, in real time.  Then some guy in a gorilla suit with an awful papier-mâché mask shows up and we hear the dog's owner scream. Turns out this was just a film being shown to a class of high school students. Their science teacher explains that the existence of Bigfoot is no longer questioned by anyone calling themself a serious scientist. We're encroaching on their terrain you see, and just to prove his point we're forced to watch about 15 minutes of logging machines out in the woods. Followed by a good 10 minutes of a guy walking through the woods as dramatic public domain music plays. Finally our guest speaker shows up, a renowned and respected screwball who relates the tale of how he found Bigfoot. So we watch this guy and some other high school students take about 20 minutes to climb a hill and find a hole in the ground with a Bigfoot mummy. They bring it back to their cabin - where it's night but obviously broad daylight - and of course mummyfoot comes back to life. He wanders around the woods for a bit prior to the big showdown. And that was truly the only good thing about this - 5 seconds after the climax,  "The End" appears on the screen.

Characters were profoundly uninteresting, acting could more accurately be described as line recital, the boredom was unfathomable...1/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.