Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:43:13 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093600 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5895 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:24 AM »

-but the Will Smith version-with its cgi cookie cutter vampire/zombies...no way! I'll watch Moses vs. vampires anyday! This is classic Heston sci-fi-along with SOYLENT GREEN!

The Will Smith version was lacking balls. I read they actually made hand-made f/x for the creatures but didn't use it for whatever reason. Lame.
Omega Man is cool by default because of the time it was made. It's a Tarantino fave, so you got your approval right there  Wink
Count me in as another who will watch the Heston version over the Smith version any day.

The thing with cgi- computer animated cartoons loose the human element. Computer grapics can get as real as they want-but I know its bulls**t. With Ray Harryhausen's effects-or Willis O'Brein etc....theirs a human element behind it. Not with cgi. Gimme the fx of The THING (1982) or even cheap s**t like RETURN OF THE ALIENS DEADLY SPAWN (1981). The zombies in the 1968 NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD are infintly more scary that the computer zombies of the Will Smith s**t fest.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5896 on: February 11, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »

Kong Island (1968) This took some real willpower to sit through. 1.75/5.
I tried once to make it through this, but couldn't.
Jack you're a true, hard core, bad movie fan.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5897 on: February 11, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »

After watching Curse of Bigfoot a while back, I think the pain centers in my brain have ceased functioning  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5898 on: February 11, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »

PRECIOUS (2009) An overweight pregnat black girl (pregnat by her own father,no less!) struggles against an abusive scumbag mother while trying to better herself in school. And she contracted AIDS by her own father! Oh-she has a kid named Mongo-cause the kids a mongoloid. Sounds real down beat,dont it? It Is...but the performance by Gabourey Sidibie make it a great film...watch it!

Heres the trailer!

(I cant post videos on this ancient computer-so ya gotta follow the link-sorry!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tARYrepOGJc

It's not your computer. You have to take out the "s" in the "https" to make it work.

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5899 on: February 11, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »

PRECIOUS (2009) An overweight pregnat black girl (pregnat by her own father,no less!) struggles against an abusive scumbag mother while trying to better herself in school. And she contracted AIDS by her own father! Oh-she has a kid named Mongo-cause the kids a mongoloid. Sounds real down beat,dont it? It Is...but the performance by Gabourey Sidibie make it a great film...watch it!

Heres the trailer!

(I cant post videos on this ancient computer-so ya gotta follow the link-sorry!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tARYrepOGJc

It's not your computer. You have to take out the "s" in the "https" to make it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tARYrepOGJc

Small | Large

Yer right! It works! Thanx Rev! Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5900 on: February 11, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »

THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (1981): A family moves into a home with a creature in the basement who pops out every now and then to kill someone. Silly gore, atrocious dubbing, mediocre scares. 2/5.

UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING (2012): A man watches as his family is killed, then dedicates his life to tracking down the killer despite having lost all memory of his past life. Surprising sequel plays more like a horror/suspense movie than the expected action flick. Many fans of the franchise disliked the change in tone, but it works as a fairly entertaining standalone b-movie. 3/5.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5901 on: February 11, 2013, 02:58:04 PM »

The Omega Man is one of my all-time faves. Is it a B-movie cult classic? Yes of course and I love every freakin moment of it. Anthony Zerbe and Heston as hammy as they can be, and I admit I like hammy scenery chewing actors (Heston, Shatner, even Price fits that bill). I like Price's Last Man on Earth, in which Price is surprisingly low-key, too but not as much as I like The Omega Man. OM is filled with great one-liners, the kind one expects from well 80s action films. I really think it's a shade ahead of its time yet is stil very reflective of the 1970s too. I hated Smith's film but I too kind of liked the Asylum I Am Omega (I didn't expect anything particularly good in that case). In fact, I'd rank that one above Smith's film.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5902 on: February 11, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »

After watching Curse of Bigfoot a while back, I think the pain centers in my brain have ceased functioning  TeddyR

I own both of those; I hear ya.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5903 on: February 12, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »

"Death Wish" (1974)

Small | Large

Legendary tough guy Charles Bronson stars in his most iconic role as Paul Kersey, a mild mannered New York architect who turns pistol-packin' vigilante after his wife and daughter are victimized by muggers. Compared to its sequels, which quickly devolved into by-the-numbers action-movie self parodies, "Death Wish" is more of a gritty crime drama, set in a New York City that was a lot darker and scarier than it is today. Still gripping even after all these years.

Useless trivia, watch for a young Jeff Goldblum as one of the punks who attacks Kersey's family, and Christopher "Nigel Tufnel" Guest as an NYPD patrolman.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5904 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »

Hybrid (1997) - in a post-apocalyptic future, some soldiers make their way to an abandoned genetic engineering research facility and spend the rest of the movie getting chased around by a guy in a rather silly looking rubber suit. It's a Fred Olen Ray movie so everything is about as cheesy as you'd expect. Highlights include the Landmaster from Damnation Alley making an appearance at the beginning of the movie, as well as a shower scene with Brinke Stevens and JJ North. JJ gives us another nice sex scene a bit later on too. Eh, it may not have have edge-of-your-seat suspense, but at least it's got something  Thumbup 3.25/5.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5905 on: February 12, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

Just some quick thoughts on some recent viewings...

Looking For Jackie (2009): not a bad little coming of age film but one will no doubt be disappointed as the DVD cover for this has Jackie Chan plastered all over it and he's only briefly in the film although he remains a main focus of our lead character, a teenage boy seeking acceptance, throughout. The film's story as I said isn't half bad really and our lead meets several interesting characters along his journey. Unfortunately just as we get to like a lot of these characters, they pretty much just up and disappear from the film.

This cover is so very...misleading.

Time Kid (2003): a kid's cartoon level take on H.G. Wells The Time Machine. It actually has some fun and surprisingly thoughtful moments here and there but is for the most part otherwise forgettable. Still if I was still a kid, I'd bet I love this and would hope for a continued cartoon series.

A Doll's House (1973): caught this on TV and found it quite hard to endure. It's just so slow-moving and tedious going about its business and it ultimately feels like the final conclusion seems rather anticlimactic and forgettable. It is pushing the message that many women pre-women's rights were regarded as little more than possessions by their husbands but it goes about it in a rather heavy handed way IMO. I just found this to be insufferably dull and so little of anything ever really happens with regards to its drama here. A good cast but they couldn't make this interesting for me. Yeah for me, this should have been titled "A Dull's House".

One Night in the Tropics (1940): been on an Abbott and Costello kick lately and have quite enjoyed working my way through their films. This one was a very pleasant surprise for me as it's not essentially an out and out Abbott and Costello film. Honestly though, I really ended up loving this romantic comedy and it now ranks as one of my personal faves. Love this kind of movie and I have to admit, I did get a kick out of one of the leading characters having the same name as our current Prime Minister. This one has some great songs  and has a lively upbeat feel and A & C do get to perform some memorable routines. Just great fun all the way around.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:46:05 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5906 on: February 13, 2013, 07:17:06 AM »

Creepozoids (1987) - pretty much exactly the same movie as Hybrid which I watched the night before. A group of people in a post-apocalyptic future go to an abandoned building and get chased around by a guy in a rubber suit. They also climb through a whole lot of ventilation ducts. There are some giant rats (maybe 2' long) in this, and they attack our characters Hobgoblins-style with the actors holding them up to themselves lol. It's directed by David DeCoteau and is every bit as cheesy as you'd expect. The "climax" drags on forever and is really boring. We do get Linnea Quigley in a shower scene at least. It held enough '80s charm to keep me watching. Actually I think I've watched this 3 or 4 times now. 3/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5907 on: February 13, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »

THE MONSTER MAKER (1944): A mad scientist injects a concert pianist with an acromegaly virus (!) to pressure the virtuoso's daughter to marry him. Dull at first, but the ELEPHANT MAN-style makeup and an inexplicable gorilla salvage some small amount of entertainment value in the late reels. 2/5. 

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5908 on: February 13, 2013, 02:10:32 PM »

RIO BRAVO (1958)
Howard Hawks, John Wayne, Dean Martin, Angie Dickinson, and Ricky Nelson gave us one of the best of the Duke's final cycle of films.

Small | Large

A long film, but never dull, great performances throughout, well worth it.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5909 on: February 14, 2013, 07:43:11 AM »

Seven Below (2012) - some young people get in a car crash and a guy takes them to his house - the house where a kid killed his family 100 years earlier. It's not long before they're seeing the ghosts of the previous inhabitants. Yawn. I can't imagine how they could have made the story any more predictable, the characters aren't the type I could care about, and the whole thing is pretty slow moving. It's hard to generate any suspense when I'm completely unconcerned with the welfare of the characters. The big reveal at the end is anything but interesting. 2.5/5

The Bat (1959) - Agnes Moorehead stars as a novelist who's moved into a mansion for the summer, to work on her latest book. But there's a mysterious killer on the loose, the Bat, and he's apparently looking for one millions dollars which was stolen from a bank and is perhaps hidden in the house. Vincent Price also co-stars as a doctor who would seem to be our main suspect, or is he? This was fun. The characters were entertaining, the plot kept me guessing, a pretty good movie overall. 3.75/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.