Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:29:08 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100746 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5955 on: February 24, 2013, 10:50:16 PM »

Top Gun - That's right I'd never seen it. It's like all the popular kids got together and told an awesome story about how awesome they are and show that they have feelings too.  Alpha males galore. Still it's fun and compelling and very 80's deserves a 5/5
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5956 on: February 25, 2013, 01:06:34 AM »

Top Gun - That's right I'd never seen it. It's like all the popular kids got together and told an awesome story about how awesome they are and show that they have feelings too.  Alpha males galore. Still it's fun and compelling and very 80's deserves a 5/5
Watched it for the first time a month or two ago and not only do i agree with your rating i would give it a 10/5 myself.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5957 on: February 25, 2013, 12:18:25 PM »

The Devil's Nightmare (1971) - some people spend the night at a castle and as luck would have it, there's a seductive succubus who starts killing them off. One of those Eurohorror things, best watched when you're in the mood for something slow and (slightly) atmospheric. Being mildly intoxicated certainly doesn't hurt either. Characters were one dimensional but I did get a kick out of the old coot who was always insulting everybody. Wardrobe budget must have been miniscule as half the time the women were running around in nothing at all. Two of them had two spent a lot of time snuggled up with each other just to stay warm, poor things Bluesad 3/5.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:25:05 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5958 on: February 25, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »

DARK SHADOWS (2012)

I rented this over the weekend, certain I'd be entertained....
Boy, was I wrong.

I was thoroughly floored by this picture-everyone involved was a real hoot, said waycoolness led by Johnny Depp, who walks off with the picture firmly ensconced in his back pocket, followed closely by Helena Bonham Carter, and the rest of the cast.

As usual, I'll let you discover the details for yourself....just see it.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #5959 on: February 25, 2013, 02:53:36 PM »

The Devil's Nightmare (1971) - some people spend the night at a castle and as luck would have it, there's a seductive succubus who starts killing them off. One of those Eurohorror things, best watched when you're in the mood for something slow and (slightly) atmospheric. Being mildly intoxicated certainly doesn't hurt either. Characters were one dimensional but I did get a kick out of the old coot who was always insulting everybody. Wardrobe budget must have been miniscule as half the time the women were running around in nothing at all. Two of them had two spent a lot of time snuggled up with each other just to stay warm, poor things Bluesad 3/5.

Haha I just watched this last night.  I had pretty much the same reaction as you  Cheers

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5960 on: February 25, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »

I really liked Devil's Nightmare. That first slew or Gothic whatever that company was movies had some crazy stuff. Sinful Nuns of Saint Valentine was just insane.

Fulci- You can't have a 10/5 It was good though
claws
« Reply #5961 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »

Stitches (2012)

A nasty guy who dresses up as a Clown named Stitches to entertain kids at parties accidentally falls into a knife at a kids party. Six years later the same kids are celebrating a birthday party and Stitches returns from the grave for revenge ...

Irish supernatural slasher-comedy with over-the-top gore and imaginative kills. The actor playing Stitches, a real life comedian (Ross Noble), does a good job and has his share of creepy moments. The victims don't come off very sympathetic which doesn't really matter because one should be rooting for Stitches anyway. He is not a new Freddy Krueger but with a little work and a decent sequel he could become a new icon of some sorts. 4/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5962 on: February 26, 2013, 07:24:29 AM »

Kill Baby, Kill (1966) - a doctor is summoned to a small village where the local police inspector needs him to perform an autopsy. Over the course of the movie we find that a 7 year old girl was killed at some time in the past, and now she's back for revenge. This bored the living crap out of me. I don't find a 7 year old girl to be the lest bit scary, and seeing people act as if she's the most terrifying thing in the wold is just dumb. Listening to her laugh is just cliched and annoying. The characters were completely unsympathetic and undeveloped, but the director was far more concerned with putting colored lights on everything. He's especially in love with a spiral staircase - after we watch someone walk down it, we then get a flashback...of the staircase. He zooms in and out and in and out on it. Look, it's round and it's got a hole in the middle! Later on we get another huge scene of the staircase, this time with blue, purple, orange and yellow lights on it. He spins the camera around - look, it's a spiral and It's spinning! I couldn't figure out why this doctor didn't just leave the village, as no one in it wants or even deserves his help. Not that he has any help to offer anyways. 2/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5963 on: February 26, 2013, 01:05:29 PM »

HIGHLANDER II (RENEGADE VERSION) (1991): First off: I've never seen the first HIGHLANDER, or the original cut of HIGHLANDER II (THE QUICKENING). So, I am coming into this one with a clean slate.

Opposed by a ruthless corporation, an Immortal investigates whether it's time to remove the ozone shield he helped wrap around the Earth, all while he's being hunted by another Immortal (either an alien or a visitor from the past, depending on which version you see). Understandably, this nonsensical, incompetent sci-fi action comedy that changed all the rules and brought back Sean Connery from the dead was an insult to fans of the first HIGHLANDER movie. If, however, you come to this one with no attachments to the Highlander mythos, it's an engaging wreck: you watch director Russell Mulcahy make one bad decision after another, fumbling action sequences, adding embarrassing comedy relief, and including a bizarrely bloody train hijacking where riders are brutally slaughtered by improbable G-forces. Tough to rate: it was bad but entertaining. 3.5/5?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5964 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »

Flesh Wounds (2011) - low budget Predator ripoff, just replace Arnold Schwarzenegger with Kevin Sorbo, the elite military unit with a bunch of infantile douchebags, and the predator with some bodybuilder dude with a Borg eye implant. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I think they hired some middle school kid who saw the original Predator to act as military adviser on this thing. It's not so stupid it's funny, it's so stupid I'd like to meet the director just to see what kind of person would put his name on something like this.

Didn't quite finish it last night, I'm saving that treat for tonight.   TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5965 on: February 27, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »

THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH (1976): An alien (David Bowie) comes to earth incognito with plans to earn billions of dollars, build a spaceship and export water to his barren home planet, but finds himself unprepared to deal with human temptations and corporate politics. This melancholy story is more than a little muddled, but it has flashes of satire and moments of style. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ChaosTheory

« Reply #5966 on: February 27, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »

RUNNING SCARED (1986)
Small | Large

Two Chicago vice cops (the improbably cast Billy Crystal & Gregory Hines) go up against a would-be drug lord (pre-NYPD Jimmy Smits).  Wisecracks & gunfire, repeat.  Very silly but surprisingly enjoyable.
6/10

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #5967 on: February 27, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »

"2001: A Space Odyssey" (1968)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok32VyEQYYc

Stanley Kubrick's classic sci-fi headf*ck takes the viewer on a "trip" (in every sense of the word) all the way from the Dawn of Man to the next step of human evolution, guided by a mysterious alien black stone monolith. Or....something like that. Seriously, "2001" is still an impressive feast for the eyes (the visual effects still beat the pants off of a lotta movies being made today) but the "story" is a pretentious muddle. Just enjoy the visuals and don't bother trying to follow it.

I'm actually one of the few folks that didn't really didn't care for this picture. Plus Hal's voice haunted me as a child.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5968 on: February 27, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »

NIGHT FEEDERS (2006)

I liked this film for a number of reasons, not the least of which being it was actually shot on film, not that amateur-looking video. Also, it was just fun. Some of the CGI work left something to be desired, but I wasn't expecting ILM, an'hoo.

This was in the FRIGHT FEST assortment from Mill Creek, to wit-

and is certainly better than some of the other product in the set. (JACK FROST 2....please.)

Fun ending.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5969 on: February 28, 2013, 07:25:29 AM »

Epoch (2001) - a giant rock formation suddenly appears, a half mile tall and seemingly defying the law of gravity. A team of scientists and military guys is sent to investigate. Sort of a Sci-Fi Original type thing as far as the overall quality of it, but I gotta give 'em credit for a very original plot. Characters weren't bad, it certainly moved along at a good pace, and the special effects, though low budget, were creative. 3.5/5

Finished up that Flesh Wounds movie too.  Ending was just as dumb as the rest of it. 2.5/5.

I think we started watching 6 different movies on Netflix last night but my wife vetoed the first 5  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.