Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:49:21 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093973 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6030 on: March 12, 2013, 11:54:54 PM »

Recently rewatched two old favourites...

The NeverEnding Story (1984) has a certain 80s fantasy appeal going for it. I enjoyed a lot of the surreal visuals, the escapist stories and the traditionally created via make-up and puppetry, etc. FX work. Still it never quites lives up to the promise of its title on some levels and is hurt somewhat by one of its key characters never truly seeming to be in peril. Still, I'd give it a solid ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948): it's always fun to see Abbott and Costello and they're in fine form here but really what makes this work so well is at heart, it's a fairly straight classic horror movie. Take Abbott and Costello out of the equation and it's more or less a continuation from previous Universal monster movies. Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney and Glenn Strange playing it straight despite the often hilarious jokes and hijinks from Abbott and Costello is really what makes this work so very well and makes it so very much fun. ****1/2 out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6031 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:27 AM »

Where the Dead Go to Die - Not really sure, think I need to watch it again as I'm not 100% sure I understood it.  I get it is about children and terrible things but I don't see an overarching purpose behind it all. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6032 on: March 13, 2013, 06:44:52 AM »

Snake Island (2002) - a group of tourists goes to an island in Africa, and sure enough it's overrun by snakes. Imagine an actor not noticing the rubber snake being dropped down behind him, then switching to a scene (without the actor) of a real snake. Now imagine that like 50 times. That's the first half of the movie. The second half changes things up somewhat, as most scenes consist of someone reaching around behind something, or maybe just walking past something - switch to a scene (without the actor) of a snake slithering around that area as dramatic music plays. Now imagine that 50 times. About two-thirds of the way through they decided to make it into a comedy, which actually helps. A lot. It had a pretty good jump scare - we suddenly see a boom box and ack! something jumps out of it! It's just the CD being ejected.  TeddyR The characters really weren't too bad, they had personality and were mildly entertaining. Of course they have to travel all the way across the island to get to some boat so they can escape - please ignore that aerial shot where you could see the island was only about 100 yards from the mainland. So the first two-thirds were boring and annoyingly repetitive, but the end was pretty entertaining. I'll be nice and give it a 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6033 on: March 13, 2013, 08:54:40 AM »

SLACKER (1991): The camera tracks the aimless slackers of Austin, TX, following one for a few minutes and then veering off to chase another as they drink coffee and spout a 50/50 mix of philosophy and conspiracy theories. An experimental portrait of the subculture of bright but unambitious dropouts and unemployed postgrads that exists in every college town.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6034 on: March 13, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »

I watched that Abominable Snowman movie again. I recorded it off SyFy and finally got around to editing the commercials out so I could watch it like a real movie. It's nothing special, a bunch of half-developed characters taking refuge in a ski lodge and being attacked by a couple of the goofiest looking CGI bigfoots imaginable. But it's a perfectly pleasant waste of 90 minutes and one of my "comfort food" movies.

Is that the one with John Schneider?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6035 on: March 13, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

I watched that Abominable Snowman movie again. I recorded it off SyFy and finally got around to editing the commercials out so I could watch it like a real movie. It's nothing special, a bunch of half-developed characters taking refuge in a ski lodge and being attacked by a couple of the goofiest looking CGI bigfoots imaginable. But it's a perfectly pleasant waste of 90 minutes and one of my "comfort food" movies.

Nope, this one:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869362/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ulthar

« Reply #6036 on: March 13, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »

Nope, this one:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869362/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ah.  Haven't seen that one.  The description of crappie snow monster and half developed characters in a SyFy production sounded familiar.   TeddyR 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:03:45 AM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6037 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »

haha "Snake Island" that's so stupid.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6038 on: March 13, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »

"Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" (2004)

Small | Large

Warped '70s period piece stars Will Ferrell as a much-beloved San Diego TV news anchor whose life is turned upside down when his station hires its first-ever female news reporter (Christina Applegate). This flick starts out bizarre and just gets weirder as it goes on. A total hoot. Watch for cameos by Ben Stiller, Tim Robbins, and Danny "Machete" Trejo.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
ChaosTheory

« Reply #6039 on: March 14, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »

PRIVATE EYE
Small | Large

South Korean movie about an unscrupulous PI who gets sucked into a high-profile murder case, involving a med student, government higher-ups and circus performers (yes, really).  It's an old-school noir story told in a decidedly Asian style.  Pretty good if you don't mind subtitles. 7/10

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6040 on: March 14, 2013, 03:13:46 PM »

REPLIGATOR - a military funded scientist is working on a transporter device a la Star Trek and beams an army private from one room to another, only to discover that the private's privates have changed - a gung ho twenty year old male soldier goes in, and a 20 year old brunette bombshell comes out the other side!  One problem thought - when she gets aroused, she turns into an alligator/humanoid mix.  Yes, it was that dumb.  Some cute girls though!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6041 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »

REPLIGATOR - a military funded scientist is working on a transporter device a la Star Trek and beams an army private from one room to another, only to discover that the private's privates have changed - a gung ho twenty year old male soldier goes in, and a 20 year old brunette bombshell comes out the other side!  One problem thought - when she gets aroused, she turns into an alligator/humanoid mix.  Yes, it was that dumb.  Some cute girls though!

I'm actually a little jealous you got to see this. What a great b-movie plot! Wish it was on Netflix.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6042 on: March 14, 2013, 11:11:53 PM »

"The Blob" (1988)

Small | Large

Update of the 50s sci-fi/horror classic stars Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith as small town high schoolers whose quaint little hamlet comes under attack from a giant man-eating hunk of space goop. Things only get worse when government spooks show up to try and corral the critter.

Some of the special effects haven't held up very well but hey, they still look better than crappy CGI. Aside from that, the 88 "Blob" is fast moving, action packed, gooey, gory fun. Yeah, there are a lot of lousy remakes out there but this ain't one of'em.

Side note for "Walking Dead" fans: future "Walking Dead" producer Frank Darabont co-wrote the screenplay for this flick and Jeffery DeMunn, who played "Dale" on "W.D." appears here as the town sheriff.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6043 on: March 14, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »

Please don't laugh . . . my wife wanted to see BREAKING DAWN PART 2 this week, so I rented it and we sat through it tonight.  It actually wasn't that bad.  The epic vampire/werewolf battle at the end was worth the cost of the rental. Still not a huge fan of the series, but at least the last film is not as bad as it has sometimes been portrayed!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ulthar

« Reply #6044 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »

The epic vampire/werewolf battle at the end was worth the cost of the rental.

No, it's not.  Sorry, but you can't make me.  Even with "vampires" (eh hem) and werewolves, you can't make me.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.