Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:43:10 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093678 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6195 on: April 13, 2013, 08:09:22 AM »

Total Retribution (2011) - after 200 years in suspended animation, a woman wakes up on a space station in orbit around earth. Soon she meets up with some "soldiers" who are there to stop the big cannon on the station from destroying earth. This is the third time I've watched this - it's terrible but seems to have grown on me. I guess I like the overall visual style of the thing, or something lol. Acting is terrible, with some of the "soldiers" acting like 18 year old jock douchebags. CGI is especially comical; every gunfight has blood splatter effects that look like somebody put a sheet of clear Lucite a few feet in front of the camera and fired red paintballs at it. Except it's CGI so it looks even more fake. I'm assuming all the special effects were done by some kid on his iPad. Then there's the little problem with the fact that this girl was supposedly in suspended animation for 200 years, yet later in the movie we find out she was only put in there a few hours ago. Kind of a major plot point there, but oh well. 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6196 on: April 13, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »

Song of Russia (1944) - Worst movie I've seen in quite a while... highly recommended.

That's classic badmovies.org movie reviewing there!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6197 on: April 13, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »

DARK AND STORMY NIGHT (2009)

Screamingly funny "old house" parody by the folks who brought us LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA.

Small | Large

I'd seen the sequel to LOST SKELETON, found it funny, but not as funny as I'd hoped, figured this might be the same, but DARK AND STORMY NIGHT is definitely its own picture, although it uses the same cast, plus a few more recognizable actors. Recommended.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:25:46 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6198 on: April 13, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »

TROLLHUNTER - follows a trio of Norwegian film students stalking what they think is a bear poacher, but the truth .... well, it's spelled out right there in the title.  Pretty good use of the "found footage" gimmick, but like all found footage horror it ends in a really stupid way. 7/10

Small | Large

Also watched TOTAL RECALL (2012) - it was pretty lame.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6199 on: April 13, 2013, 05:27:32 PM »

I liked Troll hunter

Rev- classic turkeys are great.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:09:28 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
claws
« Reply #6200 on: April 14, 2013, 12:35:48 AM »

Yongary (1967)

Nuclear tests cause earthquake, waking up a sleeping giant reptile monster with an appetite for fuel and destruction. The fire-breathing Godzilla knock-off also has a blinking horn on its forehead that can shoot lazerbeamz. The military interferes but a 10 year old boy seems to have found a way to stop the rampaging beast.

Tame Asian monster sci-fi a bit on the boring side. Yongary's loud growls are looped and get tiresome real quick. In the end the little kid is made out to be a hero by reporters during a interview, even though the kid is only acting his age by babbling his limited opinion about the situation and cutely embarrassing his older sister into marriage and pregnancy. Highlight shows Yongary actually dancing to surfer muzak (don't ask). 3/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6201 on: April 14, 2013, 08:35:43 AM »

Alien Dawn (2012) - War of the Worlds movie with Martian tripods attacking earth. It follows three people - two guys who have been friends for a while and a girl they just met - as they hide out in an abandoned building, argue a lot, and eventually cook up some homemade explosives which prove far more effective against the tripods than the entire US military. Ooooookay. Characters and plot were tolerable. The tripods actually looked kind of cool. I liked it a little better than the Tom Cruise version; at least there weren't any screaming kids and it was more of a movie as opposed to an ILM tech demo and Tom Cruise vehicle. 2.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6202 on: April 14, 2013, 09:00:58 AM »

That was awesome when Yongary danced. He's a good dancer. or she
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6203 on: April 14, 2013, 06:14:59 PM »

Happiness (1998)-Probably the darkest I have ever seen a movie go while still remaining funny throughout. Personally I thought this was an absolute masterpiece but be warned this is not for everyone. Pedophilia, suicide and sexual obsession are just a couple of the subjects we encounter in this film. Here's the opening scene.
Small | Large

Lawless (2012)-This one didn't interest me too much when I saw trailers for it last year but it was on TMN so I gave it a chance. While not on par with recent westerns like "Assasination of Jesse James" or "310 to Yuma" this still has a lot going for it. Firstly the cast is pretty fantastic with great performances from Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman (although he's only there for a bit) and Guy Pierce makes for a terrific villain. The biggest surprise was that Shia Lebouf who I don't really care for usually actually did a great job in the leading role. The plot centers around a gang of bootleggers during prohibition and their struggle to maintain their livelihood in the face of increasing pressure from the Deputy (Pierce). It's not perfect and some of the characters (especially the ladies) feel underwritten. I also thought they went a bit overboard with the brutality of the violence here. Overall I enjoyed it throughout and would say it's well worth a watch despite a few issues.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6204 on: April 15, 2013, 07:22:39 AM »

Happiness was crazy
claws
« Reply #6205 on: April 15, 2013, 07:55:41 AM »

Chillerama (2011)

Final movie night at the last Drive-In Theater and they are showing four tales of the weird and macabre. Plus a bonus zombie flick for real.
Chillerama could have been the Grindhouse for Drive-In's but the makers optioned to go the Gross-Out Comedy route instead. Nothing wrong with that but it's not really everybody's cup of tea so to speak. Though one could argue it was "refreshing" in a Troma-like sort of way. However, beyond all the tasteless and offensive stuff lies a clever little genre-homage and the first two segments are hilarious indeed. 3.5/5
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #6206 on: April 15, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »

I just rewatched Secretary (2012) yesterday for the first time in about 5 years. I think I need a smoke after watching some of those scenes. Whew

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6207 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:55 AM »

THAT OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE (1977): A rich old man (Fernando Rey) courts 18-year old Conchita (who, with no explanation, is played by two different actresses) over the years, but she seems to be toying with him, and he never achieves the object of his desire.  In Bunuel's previous THE DISCREET CHARM OF THE BOURGEOISIE (1972) the attendees at a dinner party could never eat because of continual interruptions; in this droll comedy, Rey can never... you know. 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6208 on: April 15, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

I just watched all the Harry Potter movies back to back over the span of a week.  I have to say the actors seem to grow up very fast. ;-).

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6209 on: April 16, 2013, 06:50:14 AM »

See No Evil (2006) - a group of young prison inmates are sent to an old hotel to help renovate the place, in exchange for getting some time off their sentences. Unfortunately for them there's a hulking maniacal killer living on the top floor, and their numbers get thinned out pretty quickly. This is surprisingly un-bad for a World Wrestling Entertainment movie with wrestler Kane as the killer (wisely they gave him about 1 1/2 lines of dialog). The budget was 8 million according to IMDb, which is quite high for a slasher movie. Characters, well they weren't sympathetic and they were fairly cliched, but they were acted well enough and provided some entertainment. The hotel wasn't really spooky at all, but it was full of cockroaches and flies; guess they were going for gross instead of scary. 3/5.

Warriors of the Wasteland (1983) - Italian post-apocalyptic thing about a guy driving around in a goofy looking car fighting against a bunch of goofy guys who call themselves The Templars, who want to kill every remaining human being on earth. Or at least in the area. The guy meets up with a girl, as well as some other warrior guy, and they eventually have a big showdown against the bad guys. What can you say lol, it's got little to no acting, the plot is nonsensical and cheesy, and the frequent gunfights are good for a laugh. 2.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.