Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:05:00 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093916 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6210 on: April 16, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »

ALOIS NEBEL (2011): A morose Czech train dispatcher is haunted by memories of a German woman who was deported after World War II when he was a boy. In shadowy, noirish black and white animation, this is an interesting-looking picture, but unfortunately it's hampered by a gloomy minimalist plot where almost nothing seems to happen, but the story still manages to confuse. 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6211 on: April 17, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »

IMAGE OF BRUCE LEE (1978): A detective who looks kinda like Bruce Lee tracks a counterfeiting ring in Hong Kong. Pretty standard kung fu stuff with OK fights (lots of kicks obviously missing heads, though). Bolo Yeung is in it, which is always good. Also there's an unusual amount of nudity, mostly from a very nice looking lady who goes by "Dana." 2.5/5 (for chopsocky fans).

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6212 on: April 18, 2013, 06:08:43 AM »

Beast of the Yellow Night (1971) - some guy is starving out in the jungle, so along comes another guy (turns out to be Satan) who gives him some food. In exchange I guess Satan wants the guy to take over another guy's body and be evil. I think, don't really know for sure. So he takes over some other guy's body and the guy's got a bad marriage, so he kind of acts like a jerk to his wife. But he's not really an evil guy so at other times he's kind of nice. And he turns into a sort of werewolf critter at night and kills people. Which makes his wife really worried. Oh it's thrilling. Not much good to say about this, it's from the Philippines and therefore a little bit unique in its awfulness.  Dubbing is bad, plot drags, not that it really has a plot. Ending makes no sense at all. The wife was kind of sexy but they don't do anything with that. 2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6213 on: April 18, 2013, 08:06:51 AM »

JCVD - The base movie here is a not that interesting hostage/ bank robbery flick but the director wisely focuses on Tarantino style funny crooks comedy as well as     nice humanizing references that are obviously to Van Dammes actual, sometimes maligned career. A great idea for a movie carried out with humor and emotion 4/5
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:45:14 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6214 on: April 18, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

SCREAM AND SCREAM AGAIN  (1970)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream_and_Scream_Again

I needed something to take my mind off the West explosion

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/18/west-texas-explosion/2093663/

and this gem came on THIS Network about one am, so I decided to vege out in it.

This movie didn't make a lot of sense in '73, when I first saw it, nor any other time I've seen it, but it's fun.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:29:09 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6215 on: April 18, 2013, 08:30:25 PM »

Zelary (2003) - Cold Mountain - ish back to the countryside German movie. A woman is an agent against the Nazis and ends up hiding out in a village. It's all very idyllic except for the one persistant a***ole guy there and the occasional groups of German and Russian soldiers who are borish and awful though they moderately like the Russian ones. I don't know where Zelary is.  small complaint: some of the music was a little cheesy and out of place, possibly added for foreign export. It's long like 2 1/2 hours. nice movie 4.5/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6216 on: April 19, 2013, 06:30:14 AM »

Prisoners of the Lost Universe (1983) - Richard Hatch and Kay Lenz go through some sort of inter dimensional portal and end up in an uber-cheesy sword and sorcery flick. They get attacked by various ridiculous critters and then John Saxon, putting on twice the acting performance that this movie deserves, shows up as an evil warlord who wants to possess Lenz's character. Really, really stupid but kind of charming in its nonsense. The characters were likable enough and there was plenty of sword fight action. 3.5/5.

The Disappearance of Flight 412 (1974) - made for TV movie about a military jet that's flying a mission, but the crew notices some unidentified blips on its radar. Two other jets are sent up to investigate but they vanish from existence. The first jet is then ordered to some remote base where the crew is interrogated with the intention of convincing them that the whole thing never happened. Glenn Ford puts in a great performance as the base commander who spends the movie trying to figure out where his crew went and what the heck is up with this whole interrogation thing. This is sort of aimed at the government UFO coverup conspiracy buffs, you get to see the inner workings of the conspiracy. As envisioned by NBC. Not a bad movie really, it was somewhat dramatic and the story was actually sort of thoughtful. 3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6217 on: April 19, 2013, 02:26:15 PM »

THE EMBALMER (1965): A scuba-diving killer abducts women who wander too near the canals of Venice, then takes them back to his underground lair where he embalms them. A slow and boring thriller with little to recommend it; even the the black and white photography makes Venice look drab. 1/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6218 on: April 19, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »

Recently I've watched... nothin'!!!

Seriously, I've been slacking on the film watching lately. So far in the month of April, I've watched exactly ONE movie. Wow, I gotta get back in the groove!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #6219 on: April 19, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »

Recently I've watched... nothin'!!!

Seriously, I've been slacking on the film watching lately. So far in the month of April, I've watched exactly ONE movie. Wow, I gotta get back in the groove!!

I recommend this....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6220 on: April 19, 2013, 11:40:03 PM »

Back into the groove with...

"Chopping Mall" (1986)
http://www.youtube.com/v/RLMyInUPQ2g

In this so-80s-it-hurts camp classic from Roger Corman, a group of teenage mall employees plan an epic after-hours party after the stores close. Unfortunately their revelry is rudely interrupted by the mall's trio of high tech security robots, who are transformed into mechanical killing machines after lightning zotzes their main computer. Hilarity, of course, ensues.

Goofy (on purpose), violent, action packed fun that features one of the best exploding head scenes ever put to celluloid. :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #6221 on: April 20, 2013, 04:56:09 AM »

Konga (1961)

First time viewing: A botanist crash lands his plane in the deep jungles of Africa. One year later he returns home to England with a young chimpanzee he named "Konga" in tow. The botanist apparently lost some of his mind during his one year stay in Africa, and starts experimenting with a growth serum by injecting the monkey causing it to grow gorilla-size. While flirting with a female student the mad doctor hypnotizes the animal on the side, sending it on a killing spree to eliminate all his enemies. In a fit of jealousy the doctor's live-in assistant/girlfriend overdoses the monkey and soon enough the giant animal goes on a roaring rampage through London.

They talk too much during the first 45 minutes but after that get ready for some hilarious overacting, corny f/x and stomping monkey business. Things to look out for: exotic flesh eating plants that look like giant penises, mad doctor killing cat, flesh eating plant gnawing on student's arm, male student vs. mad doctor choke-out fight in cabin, mad doctor nearly raping unwilling love interest, students on field trip listening to rock music on the radio plus campy drama galore. 4/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6222 on: April 20, 2013, 06:42:54 AM »

Escape from Galaxy 3 (1981) - repeat viewing. In some futuristic universe there's this big galactic war. The good guys lose but the princess and her pilot go through some spacewarp or something and end up on Earth in stone age times. There they learn the pleasures of love, which gives them a special power which allows them to defeat the evil guy once they get back to their own universe. This is just ridiculously corny and silly. I enjoyed it though, it's got a bit of charm to it. The Princess is pretty darned hot too Smile 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #6223 on: April 20, 2013, 12:44:06 PM »

Escape from Galaxy 3 (1981) - repeat viewing. In some futuristic universe there's this big galactic war. The good guys lose but the princess and her pilot go through some spacewarp or something and end up on Earth in stone age times. There they learn the pleasures of love, which gives them a special power which allows them to defeat the evil guy once they get back to their own universe. This is just ridiculously corny and silly. I enjoyed it though, it's got a bit of charm to it. The Princess is pretty darned hot too Smile 4/5.

She looks like a contestant from DANCING WITH THE STARS-CHEECH AND CHONG EDITION.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6224 on: April 20, 2013, 12:51:58 PM »

Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (1992): Somewhat disappointing sequel to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids has some fun moments here and there but never quite proves as amusing or adventuresome as the first film. Still there some appeal for fans of old sci-fi films in that this film parodies in essence Godzilla, King Kong and The Amazing Colossal Man on some levels not to mention references to Raiders of the Lost Ark and Citizen Kane. Rick Moranis returns in the lead and John Shea (Lex Luthor in the Lois & Clark TV series) plays the main villain. Lloyd Bridges is also on hand. The best bits come late in the film when giant Adam approaches and wrecks havoc in Las Vegas. *** out of ***** stars.

No Impact Man: The Documentary (2009): this documentary follows "No Impact Man" writer Colin Beaven and his family as they set out to go one full year causing as little environmental impact and damage as possible while living in Manhatten.

While fascinating in the sense of a social experiment and whether such a thing is even possible, there are moments in this film that drag on and are just plain bland and boring. It's interesting the steps Beaven takes here which seem rather extreme such as using no toilet paper, disconnecting his electricity for six months, not buying any packaged or processed foods, not having any TV or buying any new goods, not using any motorized transportation, etc. Ultimately this makes life quite challenging for the family and seems to put a strain on Beaven's relationship with his wife, Michelle, who happens to work for a corporate magazine and whose next goal in life is more along the lines of wanting a new baby although she does agree to support her husband's dream project here. In some ways, the lack of entertainment options brings their family closer together and they spend more quality family time with their child. In the end, they seem to learn the true benefits of community and the usefulness of the farmer's market. No doubt those who know how to farm have an advantage over the rest of us when it comes to understands the earth's natural processes and how it operates. Still this whole thing seems more than a bit extreme and I doubt will make any real impact or exact any real change in a modern world obsessed with consumerism and a corporate culture built around disposableness in order to sell the same products repeatedly. Interesting but more of a curio than really truly interesting at times. Also some issues and problems don't seem to get addressed such as that modern conveniences were designed to reduce workloads upon human beings and to make life more convenient/bearable. Also there seems to be a real issue here in terms of cleanliness. Those who work the farm life know that it's a lifestyle than demands a lot of hard work and effort perhaps to the exclusion of much else. They seem to be people engaged in the process of not making an environmental impact but it's questionable that even with the extremes they take here that they actually still make no environmental impact as you know farmers use electricity and motorized vehicles. *** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.