Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:20:05 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100949 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6630 on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:27 AM »

Convict 762 (1997) - a group of complete idiots has to land their spaceship on a prison planet because they're low on fuel. Turns out there was an uprising and only two people at the prison are still alive. Which one can they trust and which on is the evil convict 762 who will kill them all? The characters are such morons you won't care. Just one stupid thing after another after another. Still, I've watched this 3 or 4 times now. Must be a glutton for punishment. Or maybe I'm as stupid as they are TeddyR 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6631 on: August 08, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »

Night Creatures (aka Captain Clegg) (1962)

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
VenomX73

« Reply #6632 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »

Robinson Crusoe 1954

I REALLY enjoyed this movie! Can anyone recommend me others like it? Thanks.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6633 on: August 10, 2013, 08:13:35 AM »

"Rock N Roll High School" (1979)

Small | Large

At the dawn of the 1980s, Vince Lombardi High is run by the iron fisted, rock n roll hating fascist principal Miss Togar (Mary Woronov). Fortunately, lifelong rock n' roller Riff Randell (P.J. Soles) and her friends band together to show Miss Togar the error of her ways with some help from the Ramones -- and some high explosives.

This classic teenage wish-fulfillment flick intro'd me to the music of the Ramones and it's been one of my favorite films ever since. I honestly have lost count of how many times I've seen it, but I never get tired of it. I am at the point where I can quote the dialogue along with the characters chapter and verse.

As far as I'm concerned this movie belongs on everyone's rock-flick shelf right next to "This Is Spinal Tap," "Detroit Rock City," "KISS Meets the Phantom" and the "Decline of Western Civilization" series.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:05:14 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6634 on: August 10, 2013, 09:38:47 AM »

Don't Look in the Cellar (2008) - Z-grade junk about some kids who go to an abandoned insane asylum to do some partying. Of course it's not abandoned, there's a killer straight out of a Troma movie lurking about. Kind of entertaining for its zero budgetness; the asylum is obviously somebody's house (they didn't even bother to rearrange the furniture). The script sounds like it was written by somebody who waited until the night before it was due to start working on it. Some of the acting is just wretched. I sort of enjoyed it. 2.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6635 on: August 10, 2013, 10:42:20 AM »

MST3K: THE VIOLENT YEARS: This is the Ed Wood-scripted juvenile girl-inquent "classic," featuring the infamous scene where four women rape a man in the woods (!) There's a short involving a guy who's more interested in electronics than girls, and back at the Satellite Tom briefly tries on a new head (its nightmarish), while the Mads insist everyone needs a theme song. A good episode. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6636 on: August 11, 2013, 06:34:12 AM »

Aerobicide (1987) - a killer is taking out the customers at Rhonda's health club. Even though 10 people have been killed, aerobics classes continue uninterrupted TeddyR The world's most useless police detective is on the case though. About all he does is act rude to everybody. There's also a private investigator involved, but he's more interested in acting macho than figuring out who the killer is. Doesn't matter though - all this movie is about is hot babes in spandex doing aerobics Thumbup It succeeds at that very well. It does have a bit of a plot to it which is kind of nice. 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6637 on: August 11, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »

FROM BEYOND (1986): A pair of mad scientists develop a device that activates the pineal gland, allowing them access to the "beyond." This is an obvious attempt by director Stuart Gordon to recreate the formula that worked so well in his debut, RE-ANIMATOR---R-rated update of an H.P. Lovecraft idea starring Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton---but it lacks the black comedy, outrageousness and originality that made the early film a surprise hit. Still watchable and many here probably love it. 3/5.

HEAVY TRAFFIC (1973): The life of an unemployed underground cartoonist who lives with his shrewish mother and mobbed-up dad and lusts after a saucy Nubian bartender, told in a mixture of animation and live action (sometimes in the same frame). It's successful as a series of visual experiments, but there's not much of a story and what there is gets needlessly nasty (the only likable character turns into a pimp who pulverizes johns with a steel pipe). 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pacman000
« Reply #6638 on: August 11, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »

The Canterville Ghost- 1944

Comedy based off a story by Oscar Wilde. Charles Laughdon plays Simon De Canterville, a ghost cursed to haunt a castle until a relative does something brave in his name.  Robert Young plays a young American GI who might be able to free the ghost.  Cute, with good FX.  Some of the ghostly visuals are pretty creepy.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6639 on: August 11, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »

"Daredevil" (2003)

Small | Large

Flawed but mostly fun adaptation of the Marvel Comic stars Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock - blind lawyer by day, masked vigilante and protector of Hells Kitchen, NYC by night.

The CGI assisted stunt work is mostly laughable and Colin Farrell's performance as the villainous assassin "Bullseye" is pure ham, but Affleck does a nice job as the title hero and the story is remarkably faithful to the original comic (except for changing The Kingpin from a big bald white guy to a big bald black guy). Jennifer Garner provides the eye candy as Matt's love interest, Elektra, and future "Iron Man" director Jon Favreau provides the comic relief as Murdock's long suffering law partner.

It may not be a classic but "Daredevil" doesn't really deserve all the hate it gets, either.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6640 on: August 11, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »

as we are always left wondering: What did Fat Freddy himself think?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6641 on: August 12, 2013, 06:34:42 AM »

Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957) - some people go to an island and get attacked by a giant rubber crab. It eats your whole body including your brain, and your brain lives inside it and you can transmit your voice and talk to the remaining people. No really! Pretty silly and uninteresting. 2.5/5.

Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan (2013) - some kids go hiking in the woods and get attacked by some huge malformed guy who's supposed to be Paul Bunyan. Kind of a typical SyFy Original thing made by people who's idea of "expressing their creativity" is to just copy some other low budget junk verbatim. Undeveloped characters, comical CGI, the usual drill. It was okay though...I guess. 3/5.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6642 on: August 12, 2013, 09:01:08 AM »

Dunno. Next time I'll ask him.  TeddyR

Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan (2013) - some kids go hiking in the woods and get attacked by some huge malformed guy who's supposed to be Paul Bunyan. Kind of a typical SyFy Original thing made by people who's idea of "expressing their creativity" is to just copy some other low budget junk verbatim. Undeveloped characters, comical CGI, the usual drill. It was okay though...I guess. 3/5.

That flick had some of the worst CGI I've seen in a while (and since I watch a lot of SyFy movies, that's really sayin' something!!!)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:06:26 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6643 on: August 12, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »

Dunno. Next time I'll ask him.  TeddyR

That flick had some of the worst CGI I've seen in a while (and since I watch a lot of SyFy movies, that's really sayin' something!!!)

Babe the Blue Ox was more terrifying for how poorly animated it was than for anything it was actually doing in the movie  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:09:01 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6644 on: August 13, 2013, 06:40:06 AM »

Assault of the Sasquatch (2009) - the cops catch a poacher and bring him back to the police station. Unfortunately they also bring back his truck which, unbeknownst to them, has a guy in a gorilla suit in the back. Strange mix of comedy and gore. Didn't really work for me. It did make me laugh a few times, but was way too dopey at other times and the Sasquatch was basically a joke. 2/5.

The Legend of Bloody Jack (2007) - kids go camping in the woods and get attacked by some guy with an axe. Would have been better if there actually was a legend, as this guy's appearance is totally unexplained. The female characters are a likable and well-developed bunch. Unfortunately that's about the only positive about this. The male characters are more or less just there. Their actions make no sense - for instance they get in a car and think it might be out of gas, so a guy takes a 10" long stick and puts it in the fuel filled  cap to check. Really? A 10" stick can reach from the middle of the fender to the bottom of the gas tank? That's the sort of logic you can expect from beginning to end in this thing. 2.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.