Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:29:58 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093883 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6765 on: September 15, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »

Eyes of a Stranger (1981)

Guilt-ridden TV News reporter is taking care of her traumatized blind and deaf Sister (Jennifer Jason Leigh) after she was sexually molested as a child. Meanwhile a brutal rapist is killing its victims and the reporter suspects the killer is her neighbor who lives in a high rise building right next to hers. Soon enough the reporter turns the tables on the murderer threatening him with anonymous phone calls, but accidentally reveals her identity on TV to the psychopath ...

Effective Shock-Slasher and Quentin Tarantino fave thanks to above average performance by Jennifer Jason Leigh. Her final ten minutes are Oscar worthy. 4/5

I don't know why Justin at Hysteria Lives trashed this one. It's a great effective slasher.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
claws
« Reply #6766 on: September 15, 2013, 01:52:45 PM »

Lone Wolf McQuade (1983) (Blu-ray)

Divorced (drinking problem?) Texas Ranger J.J. (Chuck Norris) with martial arts skills lives in a Trailer together with a wolf. Not happy that the boss assigned a new partner on his side, J.J. occasionally visits his Daughter and his not very attractive ex-wife. At some BBQ he meets posh trophy swag Lola (Barbara Carrera) who belongs to a shady businessman/European Kung-fu master named Rawley (David Carradine).
Soon enough a tender romance blooms between the Ranger and Lola while Rawley and his minions causes trouble with their crimes ...

Not very original action flick that almost feels like an A-Team episode: lots of explosions and hand-to-hand combat. David Carradine's character gives the words "one dimensional" a new meaning, the Texas setting is full of cliches (plaid button shirts, tight blue jeans) and Chuck Norris was never a good actor to begin with. I also detected tons of hidden cheese (corny sing-sang when JJ. and Lola kiss, silly and predictable rivalry between J.J. and Rawley, J.J.'s Daughter abused/hurt throughout the movie etc.) but all this makes for an entertaining watch. Plus, you haven't really seen Chuck Norris' until you get a close up of his face on Blu-ray. HD-pores and stubble fetishists will have a field day. 4/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6767 on: September 15, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »

American Mary (2012) - a girl is going to medical school studying to be a surgeon, but unfortunately she's also broke. So she takes a job at a strip club, but before she's even done her first dance her boss needs a little help: he's kind of a shady character and they've been torturing somebody in the basement, and the guy's now close to death. They'd really like him to last a bit longer and since Mary has some medical training, well... There are also some people at the club who are into extreme body modification (one of them looks just like Betty Boop), and soon Mary has more work than she can handle. Unfortunately she's also had a bit of trouble with one of the professors at school who's done something bad to her, and you really don't want to get on Mary's bad side.

I thought this was great. Mary was an absolutely fascinating character: a wonderful blend of disperate personality traits all wrapped up in one pretty spiffy looking package. It was a dark comedy and made me laugh a lot more than a movie has made me laugh in a long time. 4.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #6768 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:10 AM »

Candy Stripers (2006)

An Alien parasite takes over Candy Stripers and Nurses in a Hospital increasing their sex drive (and cravings for sugar), then using the screwed males as cocooned hosts for their unborn slimy babies. It's up to a few highschool friends to save the day, however, only the sweetest girl of the bunch who happens to have diabetes seems to know how to stop this erotic but deadly alien Invasion.
Glossy Z-film that reminded me of Decoys minus silly humor. Not saying Candy Stripers is without goofy moments but sadly it ain't necessarily the better movie either. Not bad enough to dismiss, not good enough to praise. It won't hurt to rent and watch once - unless you can find better movies with a similar theme. 2.75/5

Stuff to expect:

4 boobs
2 fistfights
1 decapitation
blow job in a school bus
blow job alien-style (ouch!)
alien-style head scissors
heart-ripping
schnapps-drinking
hot alien nurses walking in slow-mo licking lollipops
gratuitous lollipop-sucking in general
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6769 on: September 16, 2013, 07:41:29 AM »

Insomniac Double Feature last night:

"Trick R Treat" (2009)
http://www.youtube.com/v/vMoiNyyXSwU
Cool "Creepshow" style horror-anthology flick in which numerous spooky stories - including a principal who moonlights as a serial killer, a pack of female werewolves, and a school bus load of ghostly children - all intersect around the same small town on Halloween night. This one finds just the right mix of humor and horror, and has become a Halloween season perennial for me.

"RoboCroc" (2013)
http://www.youtube.com/v/uWoW7TfM8mc
Yeah, this one is a "crock" all right. A secret government space launch crash lands near a zoo, causing its payload of experimental "nanobots" to invade the body of the zoo's giant salt water crocodile...which transforms the croc into a souped up, super powered metallic killing machine. The "RoboCroc" then proceeds to invade the water park next door so it can chomp on lots of girls in bikinis, while the military and a couple of zookeepers try to figure out how to kill the darned thing. Even with the typically low standards of SyFy Channel Movies factored in, this one was still hellaciously bad. Like, "worst thing I've seen this year" bad.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6770 on: September 16, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »

EXTRACTED (2012): A scientist develops a machine that can enter other people's memories, but on the first trial something goes wrong and he finds himself trapped in the mind of a heroin addict accused of murdering his girlfriend. A game and competent cast and crew do their best on a limited budget, but the script isn't quite smart enough to either convince us or to explore the most interesting implications of the technology. 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6771 on: September 17, 2013, 07:52:31 AM »

Q The Winged Serpent - perfect combination of 50's sci fi and 70's gangster movie. This is what the Tarantino grind house movie should have been more like. COuld have used a few more pretty girls. It's good, but for one thing it's not actually all the exciting due to the ridiculous story and there is an awful lot of Michael Moriority (sp?) . He's good but personally I wold have given a little more to the gf and sexed her up a bit. 4/5
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:16:45 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6772 on: September 17, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »

X-ray aka Hospital Massacre (1982) - back in the '60s a kid likes a girl but she doesn't like him, so he kills her boyfriend. Flash forward to the present and a now all-grown-up Barbi Benton has to go to the hospital to get the results of her recent checkup. Surprise surprise the creepy kid is all grown up too and replaces her test results with some counterfeit ones to make sure her stay at the hospital is a long one. For some reason he kills just about everybody at the hospital and saves Barbi for last. 

This just didn't work for me at all. I realize they have to write the characters in a way that doesn't exactly expedite Benton's exit from the hospital but good grief, they've got the doctors behaving like unbelievable a-holes and the nurses like prison guards. Halfway through the movie I said to myself "If this doctor isn't the killer then there's absolutely no excuse for him to be acting this way." and sure enough, he wasn't the killer. Even though Benton's just come in to get her test results, it's not long before these "doctors" have her forcibly strapped down to a gurney like she's an escaped mental patient. And then there's the killer - he's dragging screaming women down hallways in the middle of a hospital and no one notices, he kills two-thirds of the staff and nobody notices, etc. And of course there's zero character development because Benton has absolutely no one to interact with outside of a few brief conversations with these Gestapo people. She's "scared girl" and that's about it.

It does have some atmosphere I guess and probably could have worked really well if it hadn't been violating my suspension of disbelief every 2 minutes. Sorry Voltron but this one just didn't work for me  Smile  2/5.

Bloodtide (1982) - a young married couple goes to a Greek island to look for the guy's sister, who hasn't been heard from in 4 months. There they meet James Earl Jones who's a weird poetry quoting sometimes archeologist type guy who's found some underwater ruins. Unfortunately for everybody he's used explosives to blast open a doorway down there which has released a cheesy sea monster. It kills a few people, or I should say a few people are pulled underwater and red food coloring is released. José Ferrer, the town's mayor, bellyaches about this. I really liked the characters in this, good acting and fun, believable folks. The pacing was slow, mostly because very little actually happens, but you do have some nice scenery, both Greek and uh...female. The story was a little bit intriguing. 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6773 on: September 18, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »

Prisoners of the Lost Universe (1983) - Kay Lenz and Richard Hatch get swept into a different dimension - what Deathstalker is to Conan, this movie is to Deathstalker. Totally goofy and silly sword and sorcery nonsense. Kay is abducted by bad guy John Saxon and of course Hatch and a few kooky friends he's collected along the way must rescue her. Yeah it's dumb as dirt but I enjoyed it. Has a very made-for-TV feel but there's some swearing so I dunno what's up with that. 4/5.

Rawhead Rex (1986) - a nasty beastie is loose in Ireland and it's up to an author/researcher to stop the rampage. I hadn't seen this in ages and I still enjoyed it. Rex looks pretty fearsome but he's a bit silly at the same time. I liked the Irish atmosphere and overall it's just a fun B-movie. 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #6774 on: September 18, 2013, 07:16:36 AM »

Jack, admit it. Benton's Stethoscope scene in Hospital Massacre was ... thrilling  Wink
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6775 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »

"Argo" (2012)

Small | Large

Ben Affleck directed and stars in this Oscar winning suspense/thriller (based on a true story) detailing a top secret 1980 CIA operation to get six American refugees out of Iran ... by posing as a Canadian film crew scouting locations for a fictitious science-fiction movie called "Argo."

Cool premise, great performances (esp. by Alan Arkin and John Goodman, who are hilarious as the Hollywood types who help set up the "op") and lots of period detail make for a fascinating flick. Good stuff.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6776 on: September 18, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »

Jack, admit it. Benton's Stethoscope scene in Hospital Massacre was ... thrilling  Wink

I thought she passed the exam with flying colors.  Don't know what those doctors were on about  BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
voltron

« Reply #6777 on: September 18, 2013, 09:09:09 AM »

Sorry Voltron but this one just didn't work for me  Smile  2/5.
Ah well Jack. I like the movie for it's faults more than anything. It's a very nostalgic movie for me. Maybe if I didn't love it when I was a kid I'd be a little harder on it I guess. Claws: I'd give Barbi's exam a 10/10 if it wasn't for her weird nipples.  TeddyR
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:13:58 AM by voltron » Logged

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
VenomX73

« Reply #6778 on: September 18, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »

Venus Flytrap (1970) aka The Revenge of Doctor X

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
claws
« Reply #6779 on: September 19, 2013, 05:37:21 AM »

Claws: I'd give Barbi's exam a 10/10 if it wasn't for her weird nipples.  TeddyR

TeddyR

Five Across the Eyes (2006)

Five female high school friends on their way home from watching a football game take wrong turns and get lost in rural county. When they stop at an isolated store to ask for directions they accidentally bump into the car of a woman. Said woman is not pleased, and accuses the girls of having an affair with her husband. The girls burn rubber but the crazy lady is hot in pursuit. She traps them on a lonely road and the girls must endure humiliation and torture.

Shot on mini digicam for $4000 where Evil Dead was filmed, this Indie Terror Flick combines sadistic horror with found footage style visuals. Most if not all of the people involved in this movie never made a film before or after, which is kind of odd. I think Five Across the Eyes certainly has potential, managing to squeeze out the most of its minimum budget. This had somewhat of a buzz when first released, but for every person praising it there where ten people who hated it. If the IMDb rating (3/10) is of any indication, then avoid it. For the curious, its worth a rental. 3/5
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.