Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:52 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100367 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6780 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:27 AM »

Sorry Voltron but this one just didn't work for me  Smile  2/5.
Ah well Jack. I like the movie for it's faults more than anything. It's a very nostalgic movie for me. Maybe if I didn't love it when I was a kid I'd be a little harder on it I guess. Claws: I'd give Barbi's exam a 10/10 if it wasn't for her weird nipples.  TeddyR

I'm exactly the same way, if I loved it as a kid then I'll love it as an adult.  If I saw Star Wars for the first time today I'd probably say C3PO ruined the movie and be complaining about how Luke could be a top-notch fighter pilot even though he'd never even flown one before.  But because those things didn't bother me in the slightest when I was a kid, they don't bother me at all now either.   Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #6781 on: September 19, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »

A Good Day to Die HardTwirling
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6782 on: September 19, 2013, 03:58:03 PM »

LOW BLOW (1986)

No, this isn't a film about running out of cocaine, although the title may refer to how the viewer might feel after watching this.

Small | Large

Leo Fong (?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Fong

plays the hero, a private detective out to rescue Troy Donahue's daughter from a California cult titularly headed by Cameron Mitchell, although the real brains, you should pardon the expression, is a crazy black chick who loves torturing folks.

It's Crown international, it's 1986, it's from this Mill Creek set....

you do the math.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:20:17 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6783 on: September 20, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »

Slave of the Cannibal God (1978) - Ursula Andress goes to New Guinea to search for her husband, who was on a jungle safari and disappeared. She hires Stacy Keach to be her guide. They traipse through the jungle for about an hour, eventually being captured by a tribe of cannibals who don't have the best of intentions. I guess this was okay.  The characters weren't developed much but it did have a neat twist to the plot. It does its best to gross you out a few times, like the iguana slaughtering scene and even worse IMO, when they've got a dead and putrifying body and there's like, yucky stuff covering his face and the cannibal dude rubs his hands over it and then smears some of it on Ursula's face. 3/5.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:55:42 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6784 on: September 20, 2013, 07:20:01 AM »

"Paintball" (2009)

Small | Large

A group of bickering twenty-somethings head off into the woods for a so-called "extreme paintball" experience... but soon they're being picked off one by one by someone using live ammo, not paintballs. Shaky-cam irritation ensues.

"Paintball" could have been a decent suspense/thriller but the amateur-night performers and sloppy direction kill this one virtually from the get-go. The characters are all cardboard cut outs with no depth to them, so you don't even care when they start getting killed off. None of the performers can act, either, so even if the script gave them more to do than stumble around in the woods screaming F-bombs at each other, they probably wouldn't have been able to pull it off anyway.

"Paintball" wishes it was "The Most Dangerous Game," but it's more like a cheap mix of bits stolen from "Hostel" and "Blair Witch Project," with some action movie cliche's sprinkled on top. Avoid.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6785 on: September 20, 2013, 08:34:19 AM »

Alan- I recently watched Fong's "Blind rage" or something on Thistv. They trained a bunch of blind people to do a robbery because no one would suspect them! One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Dark Skies (2013) - Keri Russel (Felicity, The Babysitter's Seduction) takes on some aliens with the help of her somewhat irritating husband and standard issue kids. It was a lot less abrasive than, say, Sinister but still scary and very entertaining. The director did a good job of showing how uncomfortable and embarrassing it can be to have some sort of supernatural issue in your house. Is the whole thing a metaphor for like mental illness or something? Usually good horror movies have me asking those kinds of questions 5/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6786 on: September 20, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »

MAGIC MAGIC (2013): A shy and emotionally fragile American girl is trapped with four strangers in a vacation home in Chile when her friend ditches her to deal with personal issues. Well acted, with a decent atmosphere of subtle paranoia; unfortunately, the script is missing the narrative hooks to draw you into its REPULSION-lite scenario. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #6787 on: September 20, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »

Slave of the Cannibal God (1978) - Ursula Andress goes to New Guinea to search for her husband, who was on a jungle safari and disappeared. She hires Stacy Keach to be her guide. They traipse through the jungle for about an hour, eventually being captured by a tribe of cannibals who don't have the best of intentions. I guess this was okay.  The characters weren't developed much but it did have a neat twist to the plot. It does its best to gross you out a few times, like the iguana slaughtering scene and even worse IMO, when they've got a dead and putrifying body and there's like, yucky stuff covering his face and the cannibal dude rubs his hands over it and then smears some of it on Ursula's face. 3/5.

I hope it was the complete uncut version. There's an edited version missing the infamous cannibal humping pig scene  TeddyR
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6788 on: September 20, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »

Alan- I recently watched Fong's "Blind rage" or something on Thistv. They trained a bunch of blind people to do a robbery because no one would suspect them! One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

You got that right....
Dark Skies (2013) - Keri Russel (Felicity, The Babysitter's Seduction) takes on some aliens with the help of her somewhat irritating husband and standard issue kids. It was a lot less abrasive than, say, Sinister but still scary and very entertaining. The director did a good job of showing how uncomfortable and embarrassing it can be to have some sort of supernatural issue in your house. Is the whole thing a metaphor for like mental illness or something? Usually good horror movies have me asking those kinds of questions 5/5

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6789 on: September 20, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »

The comments are funny http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077243/

"I can't disagree with any of the above reviews. There's never any real attempt to explain why using blind guys to rob a bank is such a great idea. Yes, no one would suspect blind guys of robbing a bank, but really, wouldn't a sighted electronic expert be more useful? At one point one of the cops posits that the blind men wouldn't be able to identify the "mastermind" (which seems an extremely generous description of Willie Black) because they are blind. Wouldn't it just be easier to kill the thieves after the crime. Dead men can't identify anybody either.

My favorite part of the movie though has to be the chase scene that starts at an International House of Pancakes and then ends up on the roof of an International House of Pancakes! The International House of Pancakes is also where the crime is planned at the beginning of the movie (a great place to plot a international crime).

That's really too much International House of Pancakes for one movie."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6790 on: September 21, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »

Schizoid (1980) - some women all go to the same group therapy session hosted by Klaus Kinski, and a killer is knocking them off at a very leisurely pace. About the only thing of interest here is Kinski doing his usual Kinsky thing, and his terrible relationship with his daughter. Once in a while somebody who had two lines of dialogue back at the beginning of the movie and hasn't been seen in the last half hour gets killed. Um, why should I care about a character I don't even remember? They basically spent the whole movie setting up a big red herring and then at the end it's like "Oh it was that guy." Sigh. "Remember that one line of dialogue that this insignificant secondary character said an hour ago? Yeah that was his motivation." How satisfying. Boring for the first hour, picked up a bit in the last half hour. It did have some okay atmosphere I guess. 2/5.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6791 on: September 21, 2013, 08:01:06 AM »

Last night I watched a low-budget anthology called THE DARK DEALER.  So lame and boring I had a hard time following it.  Avoid.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6792 on: September 21, 2013, 09:23:50 AM »

MST3K: DANGER! DEATH RAY: Fake Euro-Bond "Bart Fargo" investigates the theft of a death ray. In Deep 13, Frank has become a talent agent and Hollywood phony. The movie ha a SECRET AGENT SUPER DRAGON vibe to it (incompetent action sequences, lots of flirty scenes) although the plot is a lot more coherent. For whatever reason, these Italian spy ripoffs seldom work as MST3K episodes for me. Still I laughed several times so a 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6793 on: September 21, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

I hope it was the complete uncut version. There's an edited version missing the infamous cannibal humping pig scene  TeddyR

I don't specifically remember that, but then again it was pretty dark in those caves.  Which is sort of fortunate actually  BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6794 on: September 21, 2013, 12:18:55 PM »

On the upside, I've only seen 7-8 wretched movies this year, which is inconvenient only for bottom 10 listings' reasons.

No Tell Motel

Good:

At least the opening kill lead into the story
It seems to be building characters...

Bad:

But then, the most likable character dies first and we learn little regarding the others.
Jump scares, the hallmark of horror the filmmakers couldn't be bothered putting effort into.
The ending seemed as though it had guts, then negated that aspect entirely.
Oh and in the tradition of bad splatter flicks, you know who's going to die.

Rating: 2/5
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.