Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:21:53 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100412 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7545 on: May 23, 2014, 06:12:00 AM »

Detour (2003) - The Hills Have Eyes except with an over-the-top white gangsta character to make a joke out of the whole thing. At least the girls were pretty and overall the characters interaction was good. Pretty much average for the genre in every other way. 3/5.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:14:05 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7546 on: May 23, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »

Digital Underground was in that.
And that just adds to the whole "what where they thinking?" vibe.

Not that I have anything against Digital Underground. 
claws
« Reply #7547 on: May 23, 2014, 12:10:21 PM »

I got nothing but Trouble, a very very VERY dark and disturbing 80s horror comedy with Dan Aykroyd, Checy Chase, Demi Moore, and John Candy. 

It's just a very weird movie, and it baffles me that it's got so many big names in it. 

I also think its pretty bad, yet this movie seems highly regarded by many. A guilty pleasure I just can't get into.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7548 on: May 23, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »

Detour (2003) - The Hills Have Eyes except with an over-the-top white gangsta character to make a joke out of the whole thing. At least the girls were pretty and overall the characters interaction was good. Pretty much average for the genre in every other way. 3/5.

So this isn't a remake of the great 1940s film noir with perhaps the coldest femme fatale ever put to screen?

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7549 on: May 23, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »

So this isn't a remake of the great 1940s film noir with perhaps the coldest femme fatale ever put to screen?

Not unless that femme fatale had a great big tramp stamp on her rear end  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7550 on: May 24, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »

Tonight I watched a genuinely creepy film called CONTRACTED.
A young lesbian who has moved back in with her mom due to a fight with her girlfriend goes to a party, gets hammered,
and winds up in the back seat of a car with a guy she's never met before.  The next day she begins to develop bizarre
symptoms, including massive vaginal bleeding, teeth and hair falling out, and a hair-trigger temper that lapses into violence
at the drop of a hat.  This was a very well done film, and the physical deterioration of the star is really terrifying to behold.
Definitely worth the rental.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7551 on: May 25, 2014, 08:05:50 AM »

"Triangle" (2009) a twisty, turn-y little mindf*ck of a psycho-thriller that starts out similar to "Ghost Ship," then unexpectedly turns on a dime into something akin to "Jacob's Ladder." A troubled young woman joins her friends for a day of sailing, but their boat capsizes in a freak storm. They think they're saved when they jump aboard a passing cruise ship, but when they find nobody on board... let's  just say it gets a lot weirder from there. Cool stuff that kept me guessing.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7552 on: May 25, 2014, 08:36:07 AM »

Late last night I put in another rented DVD called COMPOUND FRACTURE.
This was an enjoyable film, even if I was really tired when I watched it.
A man comes home to be reunited with his aging father after the death of his sister.
He finds his boyhood home surrounded by high walls, state-of-the-art security systems, and every form
of magic charm or ward known to keep away evil, and his Dad a paranoid mess who is also in the early
stages of dementia.  But as the story progresses, he realizes there is a reason for all those walls, charms,
and wards . . .

Like I said, I was really tired when I watched this, but it was still pretty good! Thumbup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7553 on: May 25, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »

Super 8 (2011): During the summer of 1979, a group of teenage friends in a small Ohio town are filming a low budget Super 8 zombie film when they unexpectedly catch and witness a terrifying train crash and soon learn it may not have been an accident at all and that something unknown might very well be associated with the crash.

Despite numerous continuity errors and other goofs in terms of its setting, this was a surprisingly enjoyable little ride, kind of like a blending of Stand By Me with It Came From Outer Space and a tad of "The Galaxy Being" thrown in for good measure. I liked the characters, I liked the building tension, I liked that they didn't reveal things too quickly. The problem here is in terms of the little details that just aren't quite right,things that just do not seem credible, the CGI that isn't fully convincing, the actions of characters that bring about questions of morality, etc. Still I did enjoy this film for the most part so I'll give it ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

Intolerable Cruelty (2003): Miles Massey (George Clooney), a cunning Beverly Hills divorce lawyer on the top of his game finds himself thrown off when sparks fly between him and a gold digging soon to be divorcee named Marilyn Rexroth (Catherine Zeta-Jones). Soon our story descends into a battle of wits and revenge as well as romance. There's some comedy thrown in as well.

This romantic comedy is a bit more bearable than most because of its comedy touches which lighten the proceedings which would be pretty heavy handed in terms of seriousness otherwise. Funny supporting characters played by Geoffrey Rush, Cedric the Entertainer, Jonathan Hadaray, Paul Adelstein and others help to lighten the film and keep the characters in perspective. Look also for Billy Bob Thornton, Jack Kyle, Edward Hermann, and Irwin Keyes in key bit roles. Not too bad of its type. From the Coens as directors. ***1/4 out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7554 on: May 26, 2014, 07:32:21 AM »

"The Marine" (2006) - a recently discharged Marine (WWE dude John Cena) is vacationing with his hot wife when a gang of diamond thieves (led by a wonderfully slimy Robert "T-1000" Patrick) take her hostage. This naturally proves to be a spectacularly dumb idea, as Cena immediately goes all One Man Army to get her back. Big, dumb,  loud blow 'em up mayhem ensues. A total guilty pleasure!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #7555 on: May 26, 2014, 09:03:46 AM »

Motel Hell (1980)

A young woman named Terry who's without a family and hurt in a motorcycle accident is nursed back to health by Farmer Vincent Smith, who runs a motel with his younger sister Ida. Vincent is also known for manufacturing some of the tastiest pork products in the county. When Terry falls in love with Vincent's younger Cop brother Bruce things sort of heat up at the motel: guests check in but never check out - Terry soon finds out that she's on the top of a food list.
Brian de Palma dissected Hitchcock's Psycho and recreated it under the title Dressed to Kill in 1980. Director Kevin Connor did pretty much the same. He threw Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chain Saw Massacre in the blender and puzzle back the pieces as Motel Hell. A dark horror comedy quite disturbing at times. 4/5
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:25:33 PM by claws » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7556 on: May 26, 2014, 09:19:20 AM »

GLEN OR GLENDA? (1953): A documentary, of sorts, about a closeted transvestite named Glen who struggles over whether to tell his secret to his fiancée. The story is interrupted by a bizarre 14-minute dream sequence with bondage and the Devil, and numerous incomprehensible bits with omniscient "scientist" Bela Lugosi yelling "pull the string"! A must-see bad movie; not as consistently entertaining as PLAN 9 but twenty-two times stranger. 5/5 (bad movie scale, obviously).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7557 on: May 26, 2014, 09:31:47 AM »

rev- what is this bad movie scale of which you speak?

Fat Freddy's cat - I'm no military expert, but it seems like one man armies are actually harder to fight than regular armies
claws
« Reply #7558 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »

Sometimes They Come Back (1991)

Man, his wife and their son move back to his home town after leaving it 27 years ago because of tragic events. Soon enough the man is having severe memory flashbacks of his childhood and his dead brother. Things get dangerous when the now dead killers of his dead brother show up for real...
Psychological Fantasy Thriller Drama Horror based on Stephen King short story. It's the light version of Stand by Me combined with The Dead Zone. A bit bland but watchable. 3.5/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7559 on: May 26, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »

rev- what is this bad movie scale of which you speak?

Bad movie scale = recommending it to you guys.  For regular people who aren't into bad movies I'd give it a 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.