Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:33:50 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2109823 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7710 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:12 PM »

I will never rent another film by this man.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7711 on: July 01, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »

This afternoon, I had rented what looked like a fun piece of B-movie cheese called BIGFOOT VS. D. B. COOPER.
Five minutes in, I hit the fast forward button.  I only let up on it three times throughout the feature.  Basically,
90% of the film is young men with perfect abs jogging, swimming, showering, and flexing in front of the mirror
while holding toy guns.  This is NOT an exaggeration.

Betting this is by David DeCoteau...

[looks it up on IMDB]

Yep, DeCoteau.

He had a few good movies way back in the day but yeah, it's all buff boys in underpants now.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7712 on: July 01, 2014, 07:38:45 AM »

hahaha

the Huster - It took me forever to get through this movie. I don't like pool or method acting, I've realized. Paul Newman is an awesome pool player. the first half hour is him playing pool and method acting (or whatever) with Jackie Gleason as Minnesota Fats. Then he meets a not very attractive, interesting, and really mostly annoying girl played by Piper Laurie and shacks up with her. I don't get what she was supposed to be or why she was so upset about his playing pool. The movie is okay but in general I think the girl was miscast and the vibe was kind of a weird combination of noir and east coast fancy pants theatre. A long 2 hours plus. all you mens men will like the pool stuff but I'd stick to stuff like DOA or Night of the Hunter 3/ 5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7713 on: July 01, 2014, 08:55:37 PM »

"Beverly Hills Cop" (1984) Eddie Murphy became a bonafide movie star thanks to this now classic action comedy, playing a wise ass Detroit cop who heads to the 90210 to solve his buddy's murder. Fast and funny, this flick still holds up well 30 (!!) years after its release.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:16:17 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7714 on: July 02, 2014, 06:02:12 AM »

Flesh Wounds (2011) - imagine if Predator had been written and directed by an 8th grader and they replaced Ahnold with Kevin Sorbo  BounceGiggle This is as stupid as it gets but it's kind of grown on me now (like a fungus). 3/5.

Dead Mine (2012) - some people go into an old mine which the Japanese used as a bunker complex in WWII. They're looking for gold but instead find strange mutated beasties that ain't too friendly. It's kind of slow moving but I though it maintained some decent suspense and the characters were just good enough to make it work. The ending is kind of chuckle-inducing but it's still a good time IMO. 3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #7715 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

This afternoon, I had rented what looked like a fun piece of B-movie cheese called BIGFOOT VS. D. B. COOPER.
Five minutes in, I hit the fast forward button.  I only let up on it three times throughout the feature.  Basically,
90% of the film is young men with perfect abs jogging, swimming, showering, and flexing in front of the mirror
while holding toy guns.  This is NOT an exaggeration.

Betting this is by David DeCoteau...

[looks it up on IMDB]

Yep, DeCoteau.

He had a few good movies way back in the day but yeah, it's all buff boys in underpants now.

I stopped watching new DeCoteau movies after Grizzly Rage (2007). Mind you this wasn't about buff boys in undies but Grizzly Rage was just soulless dull dreck and a pain to sit through.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7716 on: July 02, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »

This morning I rented and watched an offering from The Asylum called THE CO-ED AND THE ZOMBIE STONER.
This was a goofy, fun flick about a brainy sorority girl (who only won admission so she could help the other girls with
their homework) who falls in love with a zombie in the science department, whose carnivorous rage is controlled via
daily intake of marijuana smoke.  They start dating, somebody punches him at a party, he gets mad and bites them,
and there is a full-scale zombie apocalypse on campus.  Lots of cheesy gore and bare female bodies on display - I
think that Jack would thoroughly enjoy this one!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7717 on: July 02, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »

This morning I rented and watched an offering from The Asylum called THE CO-ED AND THE ZOMBIE STONER.
This was a goofy, fun flick about a brainy sorority girl (who only won admission so she could help the other girls with
their homework) who falls in love with a zombie in the science department, whose carnivorous rage is controlled via
daily intake of marijuana smoke.  They start dating, somebody punches him at a party, he gets mad and bites them,
and there is a full-scale zombie apocalypse on campus.  Lots of cheesy gore and bare female bodies on display - I
think that Jack would thoroughly enjoy this one!

I think he would too!  I'll have to make a point of checking that out  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7718 on: July 02, 2014, 09:21:34 PM »

"Small Soldiers" (1998) High tech action figures powered by military grade microchips wage war in a suburban subdivision in this fun action comedy from Joe "Gremlins" Dante. Cool effects and a great cast that includes Dante regular Dick Miller, Kirsten Dunst, Denis Leary, the late Phil Hartman,and Jay Mohr.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7719 on: July 03, 2014, 07:36:55 AM »

"Escape Plan" (2013) Sly Stallone is a security expert hired to find the flaws in a supposedly escape proof high tech prison, who enlists the help if an inmate (Arnold!) to make it happen. If this movie had been made 25 years ago it would've been a license to print money. As it is, it's a cool action/suspense thriller, you can tell that Sly and Arnold are having fun.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7720 on: July 03, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »

Three recent viewings:
ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW - A surrealistic psychological thriller, shot on black & white film, all inside Disneyland without the company's authorization.  A middle aged-man has a meltdown and begins compulsively stalking a pair of French twin girls while on vacation with his family in Disneyland.  Weird and compelling, many of the people in the film were Disney guests who had no idea they were being filmed.

UNCUT - A boring British horror film about the troupe of a play going to the basement for a "wrap" party and they all start dying . . . shot in one continuous 80 minute run, a gimmick which gets old very fast - although that may be due to the poor acting and bad plot.

CHASING THE LEGEND - a decent "found footage" bigfoot movie.  Never really get a good look at the big furry guy, but decent tension and acting make it a pretty tolerable outing.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7721 on: July 03, 2014, 10:04:29 AM »

MIDNIGHT SKATER (2002): A killer chops up college students on campus in this unfunny, amateur, shot-on-video gore comedy with necrophilia, castration and zombie attacks. It's a student film, but the students obviously weren't film majors (my guess is "general studies"). You could like it twice as much as I did and give it a 1/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #7722 on: July 03, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »

CHASING THE LEGEND - a decent "found footage" bigfoot movie.  Never really get a good look at the big furry guy, but decent tension and acting make it a pretty tolerable outing.

Is the title correct? Nothing on IMDb, absolutely nothing when I google.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7723 on: July 03, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »

"Airplane!" (1980) the Zucker Bros.' epic parody of air disaster flicks is still one of the funniest - and most quotable - movies of all time. It never gets old!

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7724 on: July 03, 2014, 05:43:22 PM »

Is the title correct? Nothing on IMDb, absolutely nothing when I google.

HUNTING THE LEGEND - my bad!!!

Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.