Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:32:44 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100396 times)
claws
« Reply #7845 on: August 09, 2014, 07:23:26 AM »

^^ for a movie so bad it has surprisingly very little redeeming cheese. Yet I still own this and it's companion piece Oasis of the Zombies.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7846 on: August 09, 2014, 09:23:37 AM »

Yeah it seemed like they spent the whole Zombie Lake budget on the nude swimming scene. When people got shot they played dead like little kids playing cowboys and Indians what a joke that movie is
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7847 on: August 10, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »

"Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold" (1987) Richard Chamberlain returns for another likeable "Indiana Jones" wanna-be. This time the adventurer sets off to find his missing brother, who disappeared while searching for a lost African city. Not as slap-sticky as the first film, though the cheap special FX and badguy Henry Silva's Gene Simmons hairdo provide some unintentional comedy.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:41:00 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7848 on: August 10, 2014, 07:45:36 AM »

Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold (1987) - Quatermain and his cohorts set out to find the lost city of gold - I have a hard time figuring out how it's "lost" considering it seemed only a day's hike from his house. I don't know what it is with this movie - it's as blatantly stupid as any Asylum mockbuster, yet it stars Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone and James Earl Jones. And when James Earl Jones is the funniest guy in your movie, you've got problems. It just never establishes the right tone, it's trying to be lighthearted and fun, but it's just...awkward. And all the things a director is supposed to do seemingly didn't get done. Oh well my wife liked it Smile I'll just give it a 2.5/5 though.

Starcrash (1978)- now this is how you do blatant stupidity right Thumbup Caroline Munro as Stella Starbabe (or star-something) teams up with The Hoff to stop an evil goofball from taking over the universe. Comical special effect, Munro's in a sexy space outfit (she really is beautiful) and just wall-to-wall silliness - yay! 4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7849 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:35 PM »

VISITORS (2013): Shots of faces, followed by shots of buildings, then more faces, and sometimes hands or landscapes, all set to a rich minimalist score by Philip Glass. Now, in theory the human face is infinitely fascinating in its singular expressiveness, and this visual/musical experiment from the director of KOYAANISQUTSI has clear artistic heft; yet, like most people, I was bored. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7850 on: August 10, 2014, 11:22:57 PM »

"Man of Steel" (2013) Zack "300" Snyder's update of the Superman saga plays up the sci-fi elements of Kal-El's mythos in a big way, eventually devolving into yet another disappointing orgy of nonstop CGI mayhem. Better than 2006's "Superman Returns," but not by much.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7851 on: August 11, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

HIDE AND SEEK (2013): A wealthy Korean banker investigates the disappearance of his estranged stepbrother from a slum apartment complex; could he have been a serial killer? Although it's burdened by a large number of horror movie cliches and illogical behaviors, this K-horror also has enough mystery and psychological layers to earn a mild recommendation. 3/5.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7852 on: August 12, 2014, 07:07:05 AM »

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) - possibly the king of spaghetti westerns? Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef and Eli Wallach set off in search of gold in the war-torn west. Great characters, awesome atmosphere, and the best music in just about any movie I can think of. Sergio Leone is one of the true geniuses in filmmaking. 5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7853 on: August 12, 2014, 07:17:47 AM »

"Downloaded" (2013) A "VH1 Rock Doc" about the rise and fall of the now infamous file-sharing site Napster and its continuing effects on the music industry and the Internet in general. Directed by Alex ("Bill & Ted") Winter. Interesting stuff, though it runs a bit longer than it really needed to.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7854 on: August 12, 2014, 07:21:37 AM »

Stalker (1979) - Honestly have no idea what this was about or what was going on at any given moment. 3 guys talk philosophical bs in a a black and white world then go to a color world for 2 hours and do the same thing. I never cared what any of it meant and just started to hate the sound of their voices. 1/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7855 on: August 12, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »

SCANNERS (1981): A scientist trains a young man with deadly psychic powers (a "scanner") to infiltrate a group of fellow telepaths bent on world domination. A well-made, uniquely conceived horror thriller, although it lacks the psychological subtexts that make director David Cronenberg's best work dig under your skin. 3.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7856 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »

"Justice League: War' (2014) Earth's mightiest superheroes join forces to repel an invasion by Darkseid and his para-demons in the latest installment of the DC Animated Universe series. Loaded with cool cartoon mayhem!

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7857 on: August 13, 2014, 06:34:33 AM »

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - a guy owns some land that the railroad will eventually run across. He's got the only well within 50 miles - and railroads need water for the boilers - so he stands to make quite a bit of money. But some rich guy wants to get that land so he sends his gunslinger (Henry Fonda) to kill him and his entire family. But then the landowner's new wife unexpectedly shows up, and then some mysterious harmonica-playing stranger (Charles Bronson) shows up, and he's got a bone to pick with Fonda. This was very good, decent characters and nice theme music. Interesting plot as well. Don't care much for Bronson's acting in this, it's like he's trying to be some mystical superhero or something; makes it a bit cheesy. 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7858 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - a guy owns some land that the railroad will eventually run across. He's got the only well within 50 miles - and railroads need water for the boilers - so he stands to make quite a bit of money. But some rich guy wants to get that land so he sends his gunslinger (Henry Fonda) to kill him and his entire family. But then the landowner's new wife unexpectedly shows up, and then some mysterious harmonica-playing stranger (Charles Bronson) shows up, and he's got a bone to pick with Fonda. This was very good, decent characters and nice theme music. Interesting plot as well. Don't care much for Bronson's acting in this, it's like he's trying to be some mystical superhero or something; makes it a bit cheesy. 4/5.

I bought this on DVD a while back: it was good but after a while, you wish they'd just move things along a little. Odd trivia: it was co-written by Dario Argento!  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #7859 on: August 13, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »

Forever Evil (1987)

Marc is the lone survivor of a supernatural massacre claiming friends and family while on a weekend vacation at a cabin. On his way to recovery he teams with a grumpy police detective and a spunky female photographer to find out what really happened. Soon enough they are drawn into a conspiracy of evil forces...
Z-Film that looks like a B-Film. Technically this is way better than expected. Decent production values (they actually filmed inside a real hospital) and neat bloody f/x. Acting can get stiff and lines cheesy at times, but you'll also find the occasional cool delivered dialogue. With a running time of nearly two hours this film feels too "epic" for its own good. I'd say at least 40 minutes of useless footage could've been easily shaved off.
Other than that you get a few eyebrow raising sexist jokes and remarks, plus almost everyone is acting like an arrogant smart ass douche. 3/5 Things that Forever Evil taught me:

~ rich people wear an extra sweater tied around their neck
~ police detectives always wear trench coats
~ bullets won't stop evil no matter how many times you shoot (duh)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:44:34 AM by claws » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.