Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:31:02 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101074 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7905 on: August 27, 2014, 08:05:35 PM »

The best thing about Laser Mission though is the total lack of lasers
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7906 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »

Really good point lester!

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7907 on: August 28, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »

THE DEVIL'S POSSESSED (1974): A French nobleman turns to Satanism after being scorned by the King, then is opposed by an old military companion who leads the resistance against his tyrannical rule. There are some decent swordfights and action scenes in this otherwise bargain-budget epic adventure. Not a horror movie despite being found in Mill Creek's "Pure Terror" pack. 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7908 on: August 30, 2014, 11:53:50 AM »

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE SLIME PEOPLE: The movie involves slime people from beneath the earth who invade and create a thick layer of fog so humanity won't discover how cheap their costumes are. The movie is a dumb and dull pretty much by-the-numbers 50s creature feature, and this being their first season, the crew isn't polished enough yet to make lemons out of this lemonade. 2.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7909 on: August 30, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »

"SS Doomtrooper" (2006) A squadron of WWII commandoes - led by Corin "Parker Lewis" Nemec! - are assigned to destroy the Nazis' latest superweapon - a radiation-charged "Incredible Hulk" style super soldier - in this entertainingly awful slab of SyFy schlock.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7910 on: August 30, 2014, 11:43:56 PM »

DEAD END (2003)
I LOVE this movie! I gotta do a full blown review of this thing!
A family takes a short cut to Grandmas house on Christmas Eve-Ma goes nuts,Dad gets drunk-people die-a f**ked up-FUNNY-horror film! I cant recomend this movie enough! Ray Wise is a treasure-OH-he played Dr.Alex in the first Swamp Thing movie!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7911 on: August 31, 2014, 12:14:56 AM »

STAR TREK-INTO DARKNESS (2013)
I have resisted watching the new Star Trek movies-cuz I'm an old stuck in my way fogey-I'm an a***ole.
I have not seen the first one-but I LOVE THIS MOVIE.
Chris Pine really channels William Shatner-its amazing! And it has refrences to the old show-tribbles-KHAN!!!!-bones is spot on-and Simon Pegg as Scotty is dam inspired casting!
I wanna see more Star Trek movies! hot
I felt like I was watching the old show I love! Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7912 on: August 31, 2014, 12:20:33 AM »

I liked it too, Ronnie!  You need to catch the first one - the "origin story", if you will - I actually liked it a bit better.
I think Zach Quinto as Spock is AMAZING!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7913 on: August 31, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »

Doomed (2007) - bargain basement junk about a group of prison convicts (half of whom just happen to be hot babes) who are dropped off on an island - $50 million to whoever can make it to the other side. Past the zombies. They're all doomed! Doomed I say! This was kind of fun; lots of stupid reality show stylings but the characters weren't bad and there was a totally cheesy zombie attack every 5 or 10 minutes. 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7914 on: August 31, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »

Friday night I watched BLOOD GLACIER, a fairly interesting German horror movie about a team of scientists studying the impact of the ice melt high up in some unnamed European mountain range.  The glacier starts leaking red fluid, which is found to be a biological agent which causes all life form that ingest it to mutate and combine with whatever other DNA they have in their system - like the smaller critters they have been eating, for instance!  The red stuff must be tasty, because soon all the wildlife is horribly mutilated and chasing the poor scientists and the VIP who came to check out their project all over the mountain.  Overall a pretty fun watch, kind of a bargain basement version of THE THING. Thumbup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7915 on: August 31, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »

great title Blood Glacier
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7916 on: August 31, 2014, 09:46:59 AM »

THE BAT (1959): A mystery writer (Agnes Moorehead) moves into a mansion where an embezzled fortune may be hidden, and has to deal with evil small-town doctor Vincent Price and a claw-gloved serial killer known as "the bat." The solution to the mystery is obvious but Moorehead and Price keep it watchable. I'd give it 2.5/5 but if you like old dark house mysteries you may rate it higher.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7917 on: August 31, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »

THE BAT (1959): A mystery writer (Agnes Moorehead) moves into a mansion where an embezzled fortune may be hidden, and has to deal with evil small-town doctor Vincent Price and a claw-gloved serial killer known as "the bat." The solution to the mystery is obvious but Moorehead and Price keep it watchable. I'd give it 2.5/5 but if you like old dark house mysteries you may rate it higher.
The BAT is a creaker-it should have been-and was-made in the 1920's. Vincent Price saves it from total boredom.
Still pretty dull.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7918 on: August 31, 2014, 01:21:43 PM »

Phantom From Space (1953): While searching for the source of interference with television and communications equipment in Santa Monica and following a score of UFO sightings, government officials stumble across a murder mystery seemingly involving an unseen phantom in a strange diving suit attacking and murdering panicked people.

There were actually some cool ideas at work in this one. They gave the alien/phantom here some truly different qualities, the invisibility stuff is actually fairly well done for the era, the spacesuit looks appropriately cool and creepy, and the important focus put on communication was great. However, it can't overcome the film's dull pace, especially the first half which is unbearably slow and features seemingly tons of people phoning and talking to one another nor can it overcome its bad acting and overall general lack of action for most of its running time. A fairly interesting ending winds up kind of pointless as well. Some good ideas here but it just gets lost in dullness and poor execution. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

White Pongo (1945): Upon learning about the discovery of a possible missing link, a white gorilla, Sir Harry Bagdon (Gordon Richards) decides to put together a safari expedition in search of the mysterious creature. Danger awaits however in the form of restless jungle natives, stock footage lions, and dangerous gorillas (guys in gorilla costumes) themselves. Plus not everyone on the expedition may have Sir Harry's best interests in mind.

The primary focus of this film soon moves to Sir Harry's daughter Miss Pamela (Maris Wrixon) whom several males in the film, including the white gorilla himself, seem taken with all except the man who seems to fascinate her, a rifleman and reluctant guard for her named Bishop (Richard Fraser). There's some very brief fun here with the white gorilla following and looking in on Miss Pamela and the reluctant budding romance between her and Bishop. The rest is a dull, boring drag (not to mention cheaply done and somewhat racist on a lot of levels) with unconvincing dangers provided by stock footage and guys in gorilla suits fighting. The only real danger here seems to be a treacherous German double-crosser. A real, tough slug to get through this one (actually most of the film seems to feature people just canoeing or walking from here to there) and it hardly seems worthwhile. One could probably cut this by a third  or more of the film and it would feel much tighter in terms of pace. * out of ***** stars.

Waiting For 'Superman' (2010): A documentary focused on the American education system and its many failings providing a focus on several different children, who each seem to possess great potential, and on their struggle to try and get a quality education in a system that seems to be failing them.

This was a fascinating little film. I liked how it dealt with people on a very real, human level by following the lives of several kids affected by a system seeming to fail them. I liked that it wasn't afraid to tackle issues or raise questions that might raise a few eyebrows. However, the biggest problem this documentary has is that it is very one-sided in its presentation. It puts much too much focus on teachers' unions and them protecting bad teachers due to tenure. While this does need to be changed and they were right in many ways to take them to task on this, it's clearly not the only problem. The schools here that are generally presented as being the best are private schools and schools with lots of money behind them which hardly seems that surprising. They however forgot or neglected to tackle issues such as discipline in schools, parents/families/guardians who just don't care to get involved with their child's life and education or kids who come from severe poverty, overcrowding, and in some cases, lack of updated equipment and facilities. Good teachers being rewarded might help in some cases as seems to be suggested here but it won't solve so many other problems that don't even get looked at in this documentary. Just puts too simple a spin and offers too easy a "solution" to the severe problems in public education focusing its attack on bad teachers and unions and conveniently forgetting way too many other real problems and issues involved here. Hopefully it will at least get people talking about this stuff and realizing every child in America and elsewhere deserves a quality education. It is a very real problem but I don't think there are any easy solutions here.  *** out of ***** stars.

Dear Lemon Lima (2009): Quirky dreamy teen Vanessa Lemor (Savanah Wiltfong) follows Philip Georgey (Shayne Topp), her latest true love who recently broke up with her, by getting into his private school via a scholarship given to her by Philip's parents. However being ill-equipped at sporting events surrounding the school's annual big event, the snowstorm survivor competition designed to teach leadership, Vanessa soon finds herself something of an outcast and is sent to the weight room for training. There she meets the school's other misfits, kids that are different in some way or another. Vanessa soon befriends them realizing she has far more in common with them than the rest of the kids at the school.

This was an enjoyable, well done little film. However, I do suspect it would probably appeal mostly to preteen and teen girls especially those who feel like they don't quite fit in. It is a bit dreamy and fanciful and is told from the perspective of a teen girl writing in her diary. It is told mostly from her perspective so it's skewed in favor of things she believes in such as animal rights, the high importance she puts on romance, kindness, and friendship. The other characters are all pretty unique and interesting too especially Nothing Amigone (Maia Lee) and Hercules Howard (Zane Huett). It also doesn't forget to pay attention to the importance parents play in shaping our lives. The only really disappointing thing here to me was the unexpected and shocking death of one of its key characters although it did make sense in terms of the story (it has punch as it's one of the movie's most likable characters). A quirky, different little indie movie that has some nice moments even if it ends a tad predictably. Still it should prove quite enjoyable to those who can relate to it. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:29:57 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
claws
« Reply #7919 on: September 01, 2014, 01:32:14 AM »

Hundra (1983)

Square-jawed, Amazon-ish warrior-woman Hundra refuses to "reproduce". She rather enjoys having a horse between her legs (quote). Some oracle begs to differ, so Hundra seeks out a male companion for mating. Her first choice: some grunting alpha-brute. However, the planned sex turns into a fist fight. Later Hundra encounters a well groomed doctor and decides that he's the one, but the doc declines because Hundra isn't "womanly" enough. Hundra has no other choice than to take lessons in how to behave like a lady...

Feminist Conan the Barbarian rip off (they even use the same location/setting Conan was filmed), only partially entertaining. This is a dull affair lacking fantasy elements. There is lots of fighting however, and lots of yelling. The first 30 minutes or so basically shows people non-stop battle-screaming (YAAAAAAAAAAARGH!), or you get a collective casual scream (AAAAAAAAH!).
Stand out scene: Hundra exhausted dropping her weapons and clothes at the beach while riding her horse naked into the ocean. Anyway, 2.5/5
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.