Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:24:23 PM
714224 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2109849 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7995 on: September 15, 2014, 06:55:01 AM »

Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) - some scientists get some of Godzilla's cells and of course they have to cross breed them with a plant creating the world's largest rose - which is also a monster. And some Arab guys want to steal the cells which results in several shootouts, and there are some psychic girls who can communicate with monsters, and the scientist comes up with some anti-radiation bacteria to stop Godzilla's nuclear core - so subplots o' plenty. Lots of cool miniature work too with the mega laser cannons and some little spaceship type thing that can reflect Godzilla's heat ray back at him, which gets him mildly annoyed. Kind of a favorite of mine, pretty much everything that makes for a good Godzilla movie is in here. 4/5.

Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996) - a big ol' space monster comes to earth accompanied by hundreds of little monsters, and it's up to our flying turtle, who's a friend to all children, to stop him. An entire city basically gets nuked when a hi-rise sized alien plant explodes; insurance rates must be through-the-roof in Japan. Pretty decent movie overall, the space monster was cool looking and the ending, well let's just say you don't wanna mess with Gamera, he'll blast you into a million little pieces  BounceGiggle 3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7996 on: September 15, 2014, 07:38:06 AM »

Sorceress (1982)
An evil sorcerer wants to sacrifice one of his twins to a dark goddess so that he will be granted ultimate power.  He is thwarted by a lawful good sorcerer who takes the two girls and magics them so that they are powerful fighters and can always see and feel what the other does.  The latter point leads to the film's most notable scene, when a handsome barbarian named Erlick is making love to one of the twins and the other is responding.  The second twin is many leagues away, being watched over by a viking and a satyr.  As she shares her sister's bliss, the second twin causes the viking to declare that it "must be Erlick" causing her pleasure.  When she starts having a second round of moaning the viking exclaims "Now I know it is Erlick!"

Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) - some scientists get some of Godzilla's cells and of course they have to cross breed them with a plant creating the world's largest rose - which is also a monster. And some Arab guys want to steal the cells which results in several shootouts, and there are some psychic girls who can communicate with monsters, and the scientist comes up with some anti-radiation bacteria to stop Godzilla's nuclear core - so subplots o' plenty. Lots of cool miniature work too with the mega laser cannons and some little spaceship type thing that can reflect Godzilla's heat ray back at him, which gets him mildly annoyed. Kind of a favorite of mine, pretty much everything that makes for a good Godzilla movie is in here. 4/5.

Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion (1996) - a big ol' space monster comes to earth accompanied by hundreds of little monsters, and it's up to our flying turtle, who's a friend to all children, to stop him. An entire city basically gets nuked when a hi-rise sized alien plant explodes; insurance rates must be through-the-roof in Japan. Pretty decent movie overall, the space monster was cool looking and the ending, well let's just say you don't wanna mess with Gamera, he'll blast you into a million little pieces  BounceGiggle 3.5/5.

These are a pair of enjoyable monster movies.  I loved Gamera:  Guardian of the Universe, and the 2nd film in that trilogy reboot was still very good.  The plant exploding, destroying the city and turning Gamera into a big old turtle charcoal briquet surprised me the first time I saw it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7997 on: September 15, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »

"Area 51" (2011) The super secret Air Force installation is being opened to reporters for the first time ever -- so of course, several of the base's carnivorous alien specimens naturally pick that day to go on a rampage. An even cheaper than usual SyFy craptacular.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7998 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:36 AM »

Sorceress (1982)
An evil sorcerer wants to sacrifice one of his twins to a dark goddess so that he will be granted ultimate power.  He is thwarted by a lawful good sorcerer who takes the two girls and magics them so that they are powerful fighters and can always see and feel what the other does.  The latter point leads to the film's most notable scene, when a handsome barbarian named Erlick is making love to one of the twins and the other is responding.  The second twin is many leagues away, being watched over by a viking and a satyr.  As she shares her sister's bliss, the second twin causes the viking to declare that it "must be Erlick" causing her pleasure.  When she starts having a second round of moaning the viking exclaims "Now I know it is Erlick!"

These are a pair of enjoyable monster movies.  I loved Gamera:  Guardian of the Universe, and the 2nd film in that trilogy reboot was still very good.  The plant exploding, destroying the city and turning Gamera into a big old turtle charcoal briquet surprised me the first time I saw it.

Yeah the third one was especially brutal.  I really liked the first one though, I'll probably watch that tonight. 

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7999 on: September 16, 2014, 09:12:03 AM »

PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE (1974): Swan, a diabolical music producer, steals a composer's rock cantata for the opening of his new venue, the Paradise; scarred and hidden behind a mask, the musician opposes the evil tycoon who may be more than he seems. A mix of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and FAUST with just the right amount of crazy, this midnight musical satire is worthy of its cult reputation. 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8000 on: September 16, 2014, 03:42:11 PM »

I've thought about watching that but it's just so depressingly 70's
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8001 on: September 16, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »

I've thought about watching that but it's just so depressingly 70's

The 70s sucked for fashion but they were a great decade for movies!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8002 on: September 16, 2014, 09:26:26 PM »

The Eagle Shooting Heroes (1993) - This is one of the weirdest and most exhausting movies I've seen in a while. It's a 90's kung fu movie that due to some combination of hipness, corny jokes, and homosexuality ended up being released by Kino video. Brigitte Lin and Joey Wang are in it and it's circa Bride With White Hair and all those movies.

The plot: I can't really remember. Some sort of princess played by Lin gets caught up in some sort of thing, we meet a bunch of generally pretty strange people out in the countryside who all end up falling in love and / or trying to kill each other at an Inn. The director is kind of in the Steven Chow mold but it's more about slapstick gags and ridiculous dialogue than belly laughs and special effects. There is some okay kung fu of the wire assisted variety.

It's purposely annoying and the plot isn't super strong but it was fun in it's own strange way. All the stuff with certain characters being gay was ridiculous and probably offensive but pretty groundbreaking really. It was basically a very silly parody of kung fu movies. I enjoyed it but it's wacky 3.75/5

Eagle Shooting Heroes (DVD Trailer)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:26:59 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8003 on: September 17, 2014, 09:03:11 AM »

THE BIG FIGHT [AKA BLOOD ON THE SUN] (1972): In occupied China during WWII, one stepbrother fights for the resistance, while the other collaborates with the Japanese invaders, attempting to lure his brother and his team into a tournament where locals face Japanese martial arts champions from different disciplines. This movie explains how the Japanese conquered China, even though the average Chinese farmer could thrash an armed squad of ten men without breaking a sweat: they fought dirty. 2/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8004 on: September 17, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »

"Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011) an experimental serum turns super-wimp Steve Rogers into World War II's greatest super soldier in an action packed period piece that ranks as one of the best of the Marvel films.

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8005 on: September 17, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »

"Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011) an experimental serum turns super-wimp Steve Rogers into World War II's greatest super soldier in an action packed period piece that ranks as one of the best of the Marvel films.

I've watched bits and pieces of this movie on occasion.  It's been on tv a lot.  For some reason, I just can't sit and watch the whole thing at once. Question

Hold onto your dreams ....
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8006 on: September 17, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995) - actually he only seems to guard Earth, but whatever. It's Gamera vs. Gyaos, that flat-headed bird thing, with Japan taking a wee bit of damage in the process. This was a pretty good one, the characters weren't bad and I always get a kick out of seeing a giant turtle tottering around. 3.5/5.

Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds (1977)  - there's a dinosaur living in a lake and it occasionally eats somebody. For no other reason than that pterodactyls lived during the same time as dinosaurs, one of those shows up as well. Some unlikable guy investigates, and there are a couple of cute scuba diver babes too. The big battle at the end drags on forever, but even that's not as boring as Mt. Fuji erupting and causing a tree to fall across a crack in the earth, which one of the scuba babes dangles from for, I dunno, an hour it seems like. Bad to the point of comedy, but still bad. I've watched it maybe 4 times now  Smile  2/5.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:39:34 PM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8007 on: September 17, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »

"Goldeneye" (1995) Pierce Brosnan's debut as James Bond is also the first post-Cold War 007 adventure. This time out, James and a lovely Russian computer wiz match wits with a former double-0 who now heads a Soviet crime syndicate -  and also has control of a powerful weapon satellite. This flick brought 007 back in a big way!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8008 on: September 17, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »

"I've watched it maybe 4 times now  Smile  2/5." haha
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8009 on: September 17, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »

They Came From Beyond Space (1967): A team of scientists assigned to investigate a mysterious cluster of meteorites that landed on Earth find themselves somehow taken over by alien forces but to what ends and for what purpose? Dr. Curtis Temple (Robert Hutton), protected from their influence via a metal plate, searches for answers and tries to reach out to his love Lee Mason (Jennifer Jayne) whom he learns has been taken over by the alien influence.

Part of me kind of digs this classic Sci-Fi action adventure story from Amicus directed by Freddie Francis particularly for its look and style. However, this film has lots of problems particularly in terms of plot continuity. In particular, one wonders how the aliens realize in one scene those who are blocked from their influence but then later seem to no longer possess such an ability, also in some scenes they quickly act to take over the minds of potential enemies but later when our heroes begin to infiltrate into their territory, they are much slower taking any such action. Things like this are what bog this film down. Well, that and the fact that star Robert Hutton just seems a tad too old to be an action hero/ladies man here. There's a fun sci-fi twist ending towards the end and it's fun to see Michael Gough in a bit part as the alien mastermind known as the Master of the Moon but really this one works best if you don't think too much while watching it and just enjoy the ride. Still all in all, this movie proves all too forgettable and I find not long after viewing, I find it hard to recall it aside from bits and pieces. Still some good ideas here albeit done better before elsewhere. (Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the Outer Limits) I'll give it *** out of ***** stars just for perhaps originating the protect yourselves from aliens with something goofy on your head plot/idea.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.