Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:39 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100861 times)
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9645 on: May 05, 2016, 08:58:33 AM »

Madhouse (1974): I saw this at about 2 am this morning - Vincent Price and Peter Cushing are always worth a few hours of lost sleep.

Oh yes: Count Yorga's in it too.  Smile

Awesome. One of a few I have not seen yet... but I will now! Price, Cushing and COUNT YORGA?

Thanks for that post!  Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
claws
« Reply #9646 on: May 06, 2016, 01:09:08 AM »

Knock Knock (2015)

***SPOILER WARNING***

Keanu Reeves must endure psychological and physical torture administrated by two once molested young women on a mission to punish cheating husbands.
Hard Candy (2005) this is not, rather an ill-fated attempt to remake the underrated 1977 grindhouse shocker Death Game.

In Death Game, Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp are playing two girls seeking shelter on a rainy night and taking "madness" to a higher and more disturbing level. The simplicity that lies within Death Game is brilliant and effective, but Eli Roth wasn't able to capture any of that in Knock Knock. Instead we get a dumb glossy slice of modern exploitation that is neither sexy, thrilling or disturbing. Not saying Knock Knock is lacking redeeming values: Keanu gives another stellar bad performance while Lorenza Izzo and Ana de Armas actually do a decent but not great job with what they were given. Add unintentional humor, intended black humor without spark, an awkward "Spanish angle" (filmed entirely in Chile), incoherent drama, a cool cameo, vinyl praise and you have something. What you do with it is up to you. 2.5/5. Cheese rating 3.75/5.

Why not double the fun and pair with Jennifer Lopez highly entertaining for all the wrong reasons The Boy Next Door (2015) which dwells in similar territory.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:53:36 AM by claws » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9647 on: May 06, 2016, 09:08:45 AM »

LOOK WHO'S BACK (2015): Inexplicably, Hitler wakes up alive in 2014 Germany; a freelance TV reporter takes him on a tour of the countryside (in unscripted segments where dead-ringer Oliver Masucci interacts with ordinary Germans in the streets) and the ex-dictator ends up as a beloved television icon. The one-joke premise is amusing for about fifteen minutes, but the movie goes on for almost two hours after we get its simple-to-comprehend message. Certainly this will hit Germans much harder than others. On Netflix streaming only, not on DVD (yet). 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9648 on: May 06, 2016, 10:14:37 PM »

"American Ninja 4: The Annihilation" (1991)

It's two! Two! Two American Ninjas in one movie!!
David Bradley (the fill in guy from "American Ninja 3") gets captured by a terrorist group (who naturally have their own private army of ninjas) while on a hostage rescue mission. With no one else to turn to, the CIA calls Michael Dudikoff - aka The One True American Ninja - out of retirement to save Bradley's bacon and kick as many terrorist and ninja asses as possible in the process.

Yet another quality slab of cheap, cheesy, occasionally hilarious chop-socky action nonsense as only the mighty Cannon Films could deliver!!

Cedric Sundstrom's a friend of mine.  TeddyR

Cool!! I noticed early on that the movie was filmed in South Africa.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9649 on: May 06, 2016, 10:16:58 PM »

"Minions" (2015)

Small | Large

The little yellow bug-eyed guys from the "Despicable Me" flicks get their own movie and it details the origin of their species, from prehistoric times to the swinging 1960s. When three brave Minions leave their tribe's hideout in search of a new "boss," they end up in 1968 London working for a female super-villain named "Scarlet Overkill" (Sandra Bullock), who wants to become the next Queen. Very funny cartoon slapstick, my kids and I laughed all the way thru it.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9650 on: May 07, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »

"Justice League: Gods and Monsters" (2015)

Small | Large

A strange DC Animated feature that takes place in an  "alternate universe" in which Superman is the son of General Zod instead of Jor-El, Wonder Woman is Darkseid's daughter-in-law, and Batman is a high tech vampire. The trio are being framed for the murders of Earth's most brilliant scientists and their investigation leads to much blasting, bashing and zapping.
Nicely animated and action packed as usual, but these versions of the classic superheroes were a little too "outside the box" for me.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9651 on: May 08, 2016, 09:02:13 AM »

"The Tiffany Memorandum" (1967)
Small | Large

More Sixties Eurospy nonsense with Ken Clark (fresh from his three movie stint as "Agent 077") as a crusading American reporter who gets caught up in international intrigue after he witnesses an assassination in Paris. Sounds promising but this may be the worst 007 knockoff I've watched yet. The performances are uniformly awful, the plot is an overly complicated, confusing, muddled mess and the flick drags along at a snail's pace. There isn't even any halfway decent female eye candy to break up the monotony. The only good thing about this movie is the cool, jazzy score. Otherwise, avoid!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9652 on: May 08, 2016, 10:04:34 AM »

Captain America: Civil War.

Fantastic.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9653 on: May 08, 2016, 10:16:08 AM »

THE COLOR OF POMEGRANATES (1969): The life of Armenian poet Sayat Nova told in a series of abstract, poetic scenes that resemble moving paintings. This mold-breaking visual experiment is at least as important for what it inspired (films of Jodorowsky, Tarkovsky, Greenaway) as for what it is. Good, even great, but not for everyone. 4/5.

claws
« Reply #9654 on: May 08, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »

Stung (2015)

A catering service and guests at a fancy villa / party encounter mutated wasps. Once a person is stung a giant wasp will emerge from the person's body.

German horror / comedy with international cast (Lance Henriksen) and fake U.S. setting. This was fun with lots of gooey and bloody practical effects and a few nods to Aliens (1986). 3/5

Extraterrestrial (2014)

ANAL PROBE! Five friends spend a weekend at a cabin, witness a UFO crash and become the prey of aliens. No fun, because once abducted the aliens will ANAL PROBE yo ass! For some reason anal probe was a running joke in my mind while watching this. Meaning, this film was easily to mock because it felt like the dumbest movie in a long time. The characters are obnoxious and do constantly stupid things. That is until I got to the point where I thought the directors (The Vicious Brothers) must be putting the audience on. This dawned to me during the final 10 minutes or so and I'm pretty sure Extraterrestrial is much more self aware and not that stupid it pretended to be. Looking forward to a second viewing. 3/5
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:01:56 PM by claws » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9655 on: May 09, 2016, 12:16:42 AM »

The Big Short - the challenge here was to make a movie that was accessible yet told the at first dry and eventually very depressing story of the 2008 housing bubble crash. I'd say it was succesful. Basically some outsider sort of figures got a hunch that something was wrong with the collatoralized mortgages wall st was selling. what they discovered was simply that really s**tty loans were being packaged with good loans as if the good ones would somehow nullify the bad ones. In fact the opposite was true, the crappy ones ruined the group of loans they were in.

imagine if you invested in 20 different stocks and because Apple and google were two of them you were called a great investor. what if your other stocks were things nobody had heard of, the ruble, saudi swimsuit futures and other stinkers? Eventually people would realize you sucked. especially when the other stocks you picked started going to zero when some new law was passed requiring a company to have 4 dollars to their name. this is a tortured analogy but the point the us housing market has always been healthy and this is what wall st figured out how to game for their own profit. this involved setting up a potempkin village of wonderful loans that didn't really exist. it was phony prosperity being sold as the america dream or something

like a really good 60 minutes episode and even includes a cameo from Selena Gomez
5/5
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:43:20 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
claws
« Reply #9656 on: May 09, 2016, 01:13:19 AM »

Krampus (2015)

Family unleashes the wrath of Krampus on x-mas. Snowed in during a blackout they must fight for survival.

Old school type of holiday horror calling the spirits of Gremlins. This was decent and Toni Collette gave this fun romp extra credibility. 4/5

The Nameless (1999)

Mourning the loss of their abducted and murdered 10 year old daughter, the mother receives a phone call from her daughter five years later. Apparently she is still alive and in some sort of mortal danger. The mother investigates with the help of a retired policeman, and together they uncover horrors beyond imagination.

Much praised mystery horror from Spain with a few shocking twists and turns. On message boards The Nameless used to be the holy grail of "still-unreleased-in-the-US-everybody-seek-out-foreign-DVD" movies in the early 2000s. Apparently Miramax acquired rights for distribution back then but didn't release until 2005. I finally caught up with this (bought the German Blu-ray recently) and I was pleasantly surprised. Good stuff indeed. 4/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9657 on: May 09, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »

THE ARABIAN NIGHTS VOLUME 1: THE RESTLESS ONE (2015): Beginning as a documentary with meta-narrative elements on a shipyard's closing, the film segues into four short tales done in the style of the Arabian Nights but set in Portugal: members of the IMF are cursed with permanent erections, a talking rooster is put on trial, and a man organizes a New Years' Day swim. The first part of a six-hour epic. If you crave drawn out and obscure allegories on the political and economic climate in Portugal between 2011 and 2014, then this is the movie you've been waiting for! 2/5.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9658 on: May 10, 2016, 01:37:59 AM »

members of the IMF are cursed with permanent erections

Buggedout Buggedout  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I always knew they were d*cks...  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9659 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »

more like the international boner fund
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.