Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:34 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100332 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9735 on: June 20, 2016, 08:49:07 AM »

NIGHT OF BLOODY HORROR (1969): A disturbed man has blackouts and then his fiancees are killed... is he insane, or is the real killer the screamingly obvious choice? Prophetically, the featured live band in this American giallo is named "The Bored." 1/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9736 on: June 20, 2016, 10:17:53 AM »

^I love King Cobra! gotta see that

Masques (1987) - this is called a thriller but that's a little misleading, it's more of a light mystery but a good one. A reporter goes to a tv stars home for a week to do a story about him. The show the guy does is like Lawrence Welk meets the dating game it's trying to hook up old people. It's pretty ridiculous but it made him famous. When gets there he discovers... something is going on  Buggedout There's an attractive woman who lives there who's in poor physical and mental health and her relationship with the host guy is strange. The reporter guy feels compelled to figure out what's going on.

I don't know that they actually needed to play a literal game of chess to get the point across but thats what it is. The reporter acts like he's not snooping around and the host guy acts like he doesn't know the guy is snooping around and when they see each other they're like "oh hi just a normal day no snooping being hidden or discovered". The young woman is attractive and there is a grand MILF who goes around giving people massages and being a pleasant enough diversion (no nudity though).

4.5/5 cool movie liked it though the beginning was confusing I had to re read the plot description but then it was okay

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9737 on: June 22, 2016, 07:54:03 AM »

"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2" (2015)
Small | Large

As the dystopian sci-fi saga comes to a close, Katniss Everdeen rallies the rebel forces against evil President Snow - only to realize that she might not have been fighting on the right side after all. A stylish, satisfying wrap-up to the series, with plenty of action.

"Murder Rock" (aka "Slashdance" or "The Demon Is Loose," 1984)
Small | Large

Italian gore kingpin Lucio "Zombie" Fulci directed this bizarre mix of murder mystery and dance movie ala "Flashdance." (?) The students at a prestigious New York dance academy are being picked off by a mysterious killer while they prep for a major Broadway audition. As usual with Italian B-movies, the dialogue is awkward, the acting is sub-par and the story is needlessly complicated and littered with random WTF moments. It's nowhere near as gory as Lucio's classic horror flicks but it's certainly sleazy, with lotsa loving close ups of pretty girls in butt-floss spandex and leg warmers rockin' out to a so-'80s-it-hurts cheez rock soundtrack composed by Keith Emerson!
"Murder Rock" is far from a "good" movie, but it's definitely an entertainingly "bad" one.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9738 on: June 22, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »

"Killer Klowns From Outer Space" (1988)
Small | Large

In this cult classic low budget parody of '50s sci-fi invasion flicks, otherworldly clowns set up shop outside a small town and begin snatching up the local populace, storing them in giant balloons and cotton candy cocoon pods for later consumption. Naturally the only ones who can save the day are the local teenagers. Silly as hell (on purpose), cheesy as hell, but still weirdly enjoyable in spite of its many flaws. My almost 9-year-old watched it with me and decreed that it's the "best movie ever."

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9739 on: June 23, 2016, 10:46:03 AM »

Paranormal Activity 3 - decent enough entry in this popular and most fancy of the found footage/ person in the movie taping whatever sort of genre. As with the first one though, the finish is where they seem to lose their grasp. Hitchcock understood that the birds in The Birds represented fear and when things suddenly turn on you and you have no idea why. this is probably because he'd lived and experienced ups and downs in his life. Maybe some of these younger writers just haven't been through a lot I have no idea. It could be too there's luck involved, sometimes the elements come together to make something amazing and sometimes they are just adequate. at any rate it's entertaining but not great.
2.5 /5
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:50:01 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9740 on: June 24, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »

L'AGE D'OR (1930): A man and a woman seek each other across time, space and different realities, but are distracted by ossified bishops, cows in the bedroom, and statute toe-sucking. Luis Bunuel does well in adapting "Un Chien Andalou"'s style to a longer format, drawing out the absurd sketches; it doesn't hit as hard as the classic short but has some wonderful images. It was the last time Bunuel would work in the "big-S" Surrealist format. 4/5.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9741 on: June 24, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »

Last night I watched KILL YOUR FRIENDS, in which a ruthless British recording executive murders his way to the top of his profession . . . shades of AMERICAN PSYCHO but this guy was a bit more self-controlled and deliberate.  Dark but well done!  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9742 on: June 25, 2016, 07:35:11 AM »

A double shot o' 70s action cheez on YouTube:

"Get Christie Love!" (1974)
Small | Large

A black police woman (Teresa Graves) goes undercover to expose a Los Angeles heroin operation. This made-for-TV flick was obviously trying to cash in on the then-current "blaxploitation" cinema craze and served as the pilot for a short lived series. It's pretty standard '70s cop-show stuff, nowhere near as violent or sleazy as a "real" blaxploitation flick would've been. Graves is cute though, and she shows off some kung-fu moves and gets her own catch phrase ("You're under arrest, Sugar!"). Foxy Brown could totally kick Christie's ass tho. :D

"Mr. No Legs" (aka "Gun Fighters," 1979)
! No longer available Small | Large

Ooookay, this is the one of the most WTF movies I've seen in a loooong time. In this low budget cops-n-robbers flick set in Florida, two detectives tangle with a major drug operation, including the title character - an ambitious amputee mob enforcer and total badass who gets around in a souped up wheelchair of Death loaded with hidden weapons. I swear I am not making this up. It must be noted that even though Mr. No Legs gets top billing, he only appears in a few scenes... but those few scenes make it worth sitting thru the rest of this dreck. You haven't LIVED till you've watched this guy kick a bunch of dudes' asses in a poolside display of handicapped martial arts mastery that can only be called "stump-fu." You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll become a part of you.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9743 on: June 25, 2016, 11:48:09 AM »

MST3K: DEATHSTALKER AND THE WARRIORS FROM HELL: The experiment is a cheesy Roger Corman-produced, Mexican made generic sword and sorcery flick with actors with mullets and perms doing the Society for Creative Anachronisms thing while searching for the mystical doo-dads. In Deep 13, Pearl is sick; she asks Crow to read her passages from "Love's Throbbing Gondola" while Dr. F is out picking up cough syrup. There's no classic riffs or segments here, but this medieval cheese goes down easy. 4/5.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9744 on: June 25, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »

The Shadow of the Tower (1972)
Episode 7
A Fly in the Ointment
49:20

41. A correction from my last post. King Henry VII and Queen Mary I were not father and daughter. They were grandfather and granddaughter. Of course, Mary's father was King Henry VIII, which probably goes a long way to explain her behavior, when she was Queen.

42. Perkin Warbeck, who is mentioned in this episode, was not who he claimed to be, but . . .?! is believed by some to have been a by-blow of King Edward IV, which would go to explain his resemblance to Edward.

43. After some very heavy drama in Episodes V and VI, the light comedy in this episode is much needed and appreciated.

44. The episode shapes up, so that King Henry VII does not appear in this episode till it is more than half over.

45. Hard to believe maybe, but conmen existed more than 500 years ago to fleece the gullible.

Episode 8
The Princely Gift

46. John or Giovanni Cabot, or, when Italians were still the best sailors in Europe.

47. Everyone is so sure of everything.

48. Religion plays a part in scientific belief, as it still does for some people.

49. If Cabot almost sailed for Spain, then Columbus almost sailed for England. If Spain had not agreed to finance his trip to the New World, his next stop was to be England. How different would have been the history of the world, if that had happened.

50. Cabot's wife sees his death in graphic detail in this episode. We don't know if she was right or not, as we not only don't know the manner of his death, we don't know exactly when he died.

51. At least one of his sons followed in his father's footsteps. Becoming an explorer and exploring the shores of North America, like his father.

52. The comic opera accents just keep on coming. Previously, we had Irish, and now we have Italian and Spanish.

Next time: episodes 9 and 10
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9745 on: June 25, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »

"Ski School" (1991)
Small | Large

A no-frills "Slobs vs. the Snobs" T&A comedy set at a swanky ski resort, with a team of fun loving party animals (appropriately named "Section 8") facing off against a squad of uptight yuppies for the title of King of the Mountain.

This is an utterly brainless, almost totally plotless flick with no redeeming social value whatsoever - but of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way. The flick is packed with lotsa pretty girls, many of whom are frequently naked, plus ther's loads of dorky beer-fueled adolescent humor and quotable lines. Hell, there's even some pretty impressive skiing footage!

This guilty pleasure was a favorite among my circle of friends during our final year of college. We made the "Section 8" gang's motto - "In order to be the best, you must lose your mind" - our official battle cry. Learn it, live it, love it!!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9746 on: June 25, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »

This afternoon, while waiting to do a 1:00 phone-in radio interview, I watched BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE.
One of the finest and most accurate historical films ever made, this well-crafted, beautifully acted drama traces the adventures of the titular protagonists as they travel through time, attempting to learn the meaning of life by having serious, heartfelt conversations with various famous historical personages, all portrayed with careful attention to historical accuracy and the most recent scholarship available.  A must see for historians and academics everywhere!  5/5    

Wink

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9747 on: June 26, 2016, 10:34:18 AM »

"I Am Thor" (2015)
Small | Large

An extremely entertaining doc about the life and career of the infamous Jon Mikl Thor - Canada's body building, B-Movie actin', cheese-rockin' '80s metal cult hero, from his humble beginnings to his attempts at a 21st century comeback. Anvil ain't got nothin' on this guy. Mettle doesn't come much more tr00 than Thor! Hails!!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9748 on: June 26, 2016, 11:32:35 AM »

THE INCREDIBLE 2-HEADED TRANSPLANT (1971): A suburban mad scientist sews the head of a homicidal maniac rapist onto the body of a giant child-man; it seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately, other than a few meek murders and former Marilyn Munster Pat Priest getting locked inside a dog cage (!), very little happens in this would-be exploitation flick that fails to live up to its outrageous premise. If you can only see one two-headed transplant movie in your lifetime, see another one. 2/5.

dean

« Reply #9749 on: June 26, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »

Went on a bit of a Mike Flanagan binge and watched "Hush" and "Before I wake"

Before I wake:

A grieving couple adopt a child whose dreams come true. Sadly though so does his nightmares. I enjoyed it overall but it somehow manages to be fairly lowtech on the wonder and the horror given the content. I feel like it's a pretty solid film with a unique enough premise to keep you interested but is fairly by the numbers and light on the scares. 3/5

Hush:

A twist on the home invasion serial killer type movie: a woman who is deaf and mute is stalked by a crossbow wielding killer. I enjoyed this one overall just off the back of some good performances but really I was thinking man this killer just doesn't seem to want to kill! He just spends most of the movie stalking around outside 'messing' with his victim but I didn't think he made the right choice there. Again another by the numbers film with a unique enough premise to make it interesting. 3/5

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.