Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:39:05 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101171 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9975 on: October 15, 2016, 09:36:59 AM »

I can't believe how few movies I have watched lately . . .  very odd for me.
I have a stack of them that I have bought, too.  But the stack of books is even bigger (over 50 now that I have purchased in the last 2 months!), and those have been consuming my attention.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9976 on: October 15, 2016, 09:58:18 AM »

Scream and Scream again - A seemingly indestructible hipster guy in london ( i think) targets women in a seedy dance club. This leads police to discover something bigger and more sinister going on. Vincent Price is a mad scientist and it's kind of a more grindhouse/ drive in friendly Hammer thing. a couple of those guys are in it Peter Cushing and another guy. pretty good was on TCM late night
3.75/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9977 on: October 16, 2016, 09:37:33 AM »

"Bad Taste" (1987)
Four klutzy commandos take on a town full of aliens who've come to Earth to harvest humans for use as fast food on their home planet.
Peter "Lord of the Rings" Jackson's almost-plotless directorial debut is essentially an ultra-gory home movie, made on a shoe string budget with a cast made up mainly of his friends and family, as an excuse to show off a bunch of creatively sick splatter effects. It's dumb as a box of rocks, but it certainly lives up to its title! Everybody's gotta start someplace...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9978 on: October 16, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »

THE EXTERMINATING ANGEL (1962): Although there's nothing visibly stopping them from leaving, wealthy guests at a dinner party find themselves unable to leave the drawing room, as days turn into weeks and they begin to turn on each other. Like a "Twilight Zone" episode where the twist is never explained. It's surprisingly appropriate for Halloween. Satire, parable, nightmare, masterpiece. 5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9979 on: October 17, 2016, 08:56:41 AM »

IN BRUGES (2008): Two Irish hitmen are sent to Bruges to lay low after their latest job, but of course this is no simple holiday. Brendan Gleeson as the mentor, Colin Farrel as the neophyte, and Ralph Fiennes as the psychotic boss, and even Jordan Prentice as the coke-snorting dwarf are all brilliant in Martin McDonagh's near-perfect, redemptive, and frequently hilarious script. 5/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9980 on: October 18, 2016, 08:51:32 AM »

PARENTAL GUIDANCE (2012): A pair of grandparents with rough edges get a week to watch and bond with their participation ribbon-generation grandchildren; everyone learns something valuable about life, blah blah blah. How do they always convince decent actors (Billy Crystal, Bette Midler, Marisa Tomei) to join projects that read like pilots for bad sitcoms? A generous 2/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9981 on: October 18, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »

curse of Frankenstein - this is the Hammer movie where Frankenstein looks like this

Peter Cushing is good, it's a little early for Hammer babes but there are a couple okay ones. certainly worth seeing if not mind blowingly great. It's just the Frankenstein story at the end of the day and we all know how it goes and ends and so forth

3.75/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9982 on: October 18, 2016, 10:12:08 PM »

"Cathy's Curse" (1977)

A man moves back into his old family homestead with his wife and daughter. Soon little "Cathy" is possessed by a vengeful spirit through an old doll she finds in the attic, and bodies start piling up.
This no-budget Canadian "Exorcist" wanna be fails in pretty much every department - the story, pacing, acting, dialogue and special effects all suck. Adding insult to injury, the picture & sound quality of the copy Amazon is streaming is positively abysmal.
AVOID!!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9983 on: October 20, 2016, 05:52:39 AM »

"Class of 1999 II: The Substitute" (1994)
There's still one of those pesky, homicidal military teacher-droids left from the first "Class of 99" movie...and it's set up shop in a new crime-ridden high school and declared open season on gang bangers.
A cheap, by the numbers direct to video sequel to a movie that didn't really need a sequel in the first place.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9984 on: October 21, 2016, 08:44:21 AM »

VIRIDIANA (1961): Just before she takes final orders, a pretty young novitiate is called to the estate of her perverted hermit uncle; she decides to leave the nunnery behind help the local paupers, with disastrous results. A mocking parable about the futility of Christian ethics and charity, though the critique is more sympathetic and nuanced than it first appears. 4.5/5.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9985 on: October 21, 2016, 10:45:23 PM »

Tonight I watched another film from my BACKWOODS BUTCHERS set; this one was called MOTHER'S DAY MASSACRE. 
A wimpy twentysomething who is fed up with his cruel and abusive father takes off with his unlikable girlfriend and four other unlikable friends to search for his long-lost mother; instead he finds a family of inbred cannibals who kill three of the group and force the rest to flee in terror.  But it turns out the mother of the cannibals is actually his abusive father's ex-mistress, and the two cannibals are his half brothers, and now they want vengeance. 3/5

Kind of disjointed and stupid, but lots of good gore and even a homage to PORKY'S.  Considering I paid $1 for the four movie set, this film was a bargain at $.25!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9986 on: October 22, 2016, 10:45:43 AM »

Born to Kill - also part of the Backwoods Butchers set no actually it was on TCM. As far as film noir sort of things go this one is good and also a bit twisted which is always fun. Upon post film inspection, its a little hard to fathom but it's still an interesting plot.

A guy is born to kill, but he's also pretty smooth with the ladies. Maybe its that wild glint in his eye that draws them to him who knows. I get that women could be attracted to a macho guy who gets in fights and hits women. Flat out murder is a little out there though.

Still it was pretty awesome and I liked seeing the woman wrestling with her devotion to the guy to the point of losing her moral compass.

4/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9987 on: October 22, 2016, 02:41:22 PM »

The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini" (1966)

C'mon, how could anyone possibly pass up a title like that on a rainy Saturday afternoon? TeddyR

A group of pool-partying teens, a gorilla, some crooked lawyers and a biker gang all converge on the home of a deceased millionaire to search for his hidden stash of cash. Fortunately the old boy's ghost (Boris Karloff!) and his spectral gal pal are still hanging around to help guide the "right" people to the prize.

This flick was released at the tail end of the "beach party movie" craze of the mid '60s and it's loaded with silly, slapstick supernatural gags (ala "Scooby-Doo"), lots of pretty girls in bikinis, and some absolutely terrible rock n' roll songs (one of which is performed by Nancy Sinatra in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo). It's dumb as a box of rocks, but strangely entertaining!!

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9988 on: October 22, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »

The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini" (1966)

C'mon, how could anyone possibly pass up a title like that on a rainy Saturday afternoon? TeddyR

A group of pool-partying teens, a gorilla, some crooked lawyers and a biker gang all converge on the home of a deceased millionaire to search for his hidden stash of cash. Fortunately the old boy's ghost (Boris Karloff!) and his spectral gal pal are still hanging around to help guide the "right" people to the prize.

This flick was released at the tail end of the "beach party movie" craze of the mid '60s and it's loaded with silly, slapstick supernatural gags (ala "Scooby-Doo"), lots of pretty girls in bikinis, and some absolutely terrible rock n' roll songs (one of which is performed by Nancy Sinatra in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo). It's dumb as a box of rocks, but strangely entertaining!!

With Basil Rathbone as one of the crooked lawyers. Basil Rathbone and Boris Karloff in the same film. I'm there. On the other hand, my sister use to watch these beach movies, so she could catch a glimpse of Harvey Lembeck as Eric von Zipper, the leader of the motorcycle gang in these films, and I think that's because she had a crush on him, when she was younger.
AoTFan

« Reply #9989 on: October 23, 2016, 12:05:58 AM »

"Cathy's Curse" (1977)

A man moves back into his old family homestead with his wife and daughter. Soon little "Cathy" is possessed by a vengeful spirit through an old doll she finds in the attic, and bodies start piling up.
This no-budget Canadian "Exorcist" wanna be fails in pretty much every department - the story, pacing, acting, dialogue and special effects all suck. Adding insult to injury, the picture & sound quality of the copy Amazon is streaming is positively abysmal.
AVOID!!

I remember they had clips of this from Terror on Tape.  The store owner keeps showing clips to the guy that doesn't like scary films but he's all, "Wait, I have to show you what she does to her mother!"

Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.