Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:58:19 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101377 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10530 on: July 13, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »

The Collector (2009) - well, half a point off for showing the guy using a PAY PHONE come one now. You can just show him leaving his phone in the car. Why not have him ride a horse and buggy around for crying out loud?

Anyway, this was a very good movie that I imagine most here who go for this sort of thing have seen. Mostly takes place in a house where a diabolical guy has set up all sorts of traps and stuff to help him procure his favorite thing: people. He tortures them in different ways and keeps them in Hellish confinement a la Martyrs. There is quite a bit of gore and even a little nudity namely the daughter's ( great) breasts in one scene (she's 24 don't worry).

After you've seen a trillion movies you realize some of them turn into something, some of them don't, and some of them go further to be something great. I wouldn't quite put this in the latter category but definitely in the first. The tension and gore and stuff is always intense theres no comedy relief and sitting in the room saying "what are we gonna do calm down sheila" kind of thing. At once claustrophobic and refreshing.

4.5 /5

also saw Death Wish (1974) - 5/5
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:40:17 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10531 on: July 14, 2017, 09:33:07 PM »

THE DARK TAPES - Another Redbox rental I expected nothing from that turned out to be OK.  A series of short vignettes, very similar to (read that: ripped off from) the popular V/H/S  a few years back.  Hit and miss, but some of the shorts are quite good.  Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed!  3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10532 on: July 15, 2017, 06:45:37 AM »

"Flatliners" (1990)

Med students try to learn what happens after death - by experimenting with stopping their hearts and bringing each other back from the brink. Naturally, these trips to "the other side" eventually have sinister consequences.

An artsy, flashy sci-fi/horror directed by Joel Schumacher, with a great cast incl.a young Julia Roberts, Kiefer Sutherland and Kevin Bacon. Cool stuff, apparently a remake is due later this year.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10533 on: July 15, 2017, 04:58:45 PM »

Lazy Saturday Double Feature:

"Batman and Mr. Freeze: SubZero" (1998)
Feature-length spin off from "Batman: The Animated Series" pits the Dark Knight against Mr. Freeze, whose dying wife needs a vital organ transplant - and it turns out that Barbara (Batgirl) Gordon would be the perfect match. Nicely animated as usual, this Batman/Mr. Freeze battle is superior to the live action version that preceded it ("Batman & Robin") by a mile.

"Ninja Cheerleaders" (2008)
...as you can probably tell from the title, this is some reeeeeal high-concept sh*t here. (haha!)
Three honor students by day and strippers by night also find time to learn the art of ninjitsu from George Takei (yes, really). Those skills come in handy when George is kidnapped by the mob and the girls have to rescue him before they can leave for college.
... in other words, this is your basic cheap, turn-your-brain-off action comedy. Just relax and enjoy watching the three cutie-pie leads kung-fu the crap out of a bunch of dudes.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10534 on: July 16, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »

freddy - did you ever see motor home massacre? also a couple of cliches in that review of what looks like a great movie (ninja cheerleaders). lets stay creative

Black rain - Ridley Scott movie starring michael douglas that certainly won't make you forget Alien or Fatal Attraction. Michael Douglas isn't very convincing as a cop and the big sell point here seems to be the shots of (Tokyo? ) Japan. It's overlong and like a plodding early Law and order episode. There are 12 trilllion HK gangster movies that are better than this.

2/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10535 on: July 16, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »

freddy - did you ever see motor home massacre?

Never heard of it, but with a title like that it's gotta be a winner! :D

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10536 on: July 16, 2017, 08:59:46 PM »

Never heard of it, but with a title like that it's gotta be a winner! :D
featuring the once common, now pretty well played out "comic relief white rapper idiot"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10537 on: July 16, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »

"Dead Silence" (2007)
After the mysterious death of his wife, a young man returns to his home town and learns of his family's connection to a local legend - the ghostly Mary Shaw, an insane ventriloquist with an army of living dolls.
Creepy-cool spook story with lotsa atmosphere and a couple of decent jump scares. Underrated.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10538 on: July 17, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »

SWEET SWEETBACK'S BAADASSSSS SONG (1971): Sex performer Sweet Sweetback kills a couple of white cops when they beat an innocent Black Panther and then goes on the run, becoming a legend in the black community as he eludes cops on his way to Mexico. Arguably the first blaxploitation film, but it's really an experimental art film equally influenced by the French New Wave and American B-movies. As a movie it's frequently tedious, because there's almost no plot except for Sweetback endlessly running from the cops, yet it's nonetheless frequently fascinating: both for historical and cultural reasons and because director Melvin Van Peebles' obsessiveness (and narcissism) stamps the film with a peculiar personality. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10539 on: July 17, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »

I the worst of all (1990) - unfortunately prophetic title. I thought this was going to be a nunsploitation type thing like from that goth company that put out behind Convent Walls but its a pretty useless hagiography of some lesbian nun in NMexico or Spain or something.  I sat and watched the whole thing and that'si a testament to ...how bored I was yesterday. Everyone was like stop writing poems your a nun but still she persisted (copyright) and now she's seen as one of the great poets of the "golden age" whatever that is.
2/5
claws
« Reply #10540 on: July 17, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »

By the Sea (2015)

An unhappy New York couple's marriage is put to the test while on vacation in France in the 1970s. Wife Vanessa (Angelina Jolie) is a former dancer with a hurting secret. Husband Roland (Brad Pitt) used to be a successful writer but lost all inspiration. Soon enough they befriend newlyweds at the hotel and start peeping on the younger couple's active sexlife.

Director Angelina Jolie's melodramatic arthouse extravaganza is a slow burning excess in unintentional humor. Pitt and Jolie are clearly miscast in their own movie, which makes this a hard watch to begin with. Technically it is a beautiful film with gorgeous scenery and excellent production values. But all this doesn't matter when the rest is, you know, meh. Ripe for MST3000 type of commentary if that is your kind of entertainment. 2/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10541 on: July 17, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »

By the Sea (2015)

An unhappy New York couple's marriage is put to the test while on vacation in France in the 1970s. Wife Vanessa (Angelina Jolie) is a former dancer with a hurting secret. Husband Roland (Brad Pitt) used to be a successful writer but lost all inspiration. Soon enough they befriend newlyweds at the hotel and start peeping on the younger couple's active sexlife.

Director Angelina Jolie's melodramatic arthouse extravaganza is a slow burning excess in unintentional humor. Pitt and Jolie are clearly miscast in their own movie, which makes this a hard watch to begin with. Technically it is a beautiful film with gorgeous scenery and excellent production values. But all this doesn't matter when the rest is, you know, meh. Ripe for MST3000 type of commentary if that is your kind of entertainment. 2/5

I was sent a screener for this last awards season but managed to avoid it. This doesn't seem like your usual kettle of fish, Claws. Get back to 80s slashers and VHS monsters as soon as you can.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10542 on: July 18, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »

FIST OF THE NORTH STAR (1986): Kenshiro, the Fist of the North Star, seeks to rescue his stolen bride in a magical post-apocalyptic world. Eye-poppingly surreal violence enlivens this entertainingly nonsensical anime manga adaptation of battles between supermen with unexplained powers. A bad movie, but a fun one, with animation that is alternately cheesy, ridiculous, and strangely beautiful. 3.5/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10543 on: July 19, 2017, 08:50:51 AM »

LAW OF THE BORDER (1966): Smugglers on the Turkish border in the 1960s try, and fail, to adapt to a new way of life. I'd love to give it the benefit of the doubt for Martin Scorsese's sake (since he selected it for restoration via his World Cinema Project), but I'm afraid this is rudimentary, unsophisticated filmmaking, interesting for historical and sociological reasons only. 2/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10544 on: July 19, 2017, 10:22:19 PM »

Strip Nude For Your Killer - rented mostly because of the ridiculous title. nice print/ re release of a pretty disposable but decently entertaining Italian movie. As it's Italian, you know there are going to be pretty girls and that beyond that they will do the absolute minimum. Its the same stupid scooby doo who is the killer in the black coat or whatever "plot" as 40,000 other italian movies. edwige whatever the famous Italian woman is it but I thought some other lady was hotter. some very phoned in and fake looking gore but decent looking sleazy and nude girls make it something to watch other than 48 hours on id or something

3/5
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:35:26 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.