Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:58:15 AM
713402 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101305 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10695 on: October 06, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »

"The Last Showing" (2014)
Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund stars in this low-budget British thriller set in a multiplex. He's a crazed projectionist who traps a young couple inside the theater overnight and makes them unwilling "stars" in his own personal horror film. Not a classic by any means, but not bad for an obscure cheapie. 

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10696 on: October 07, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »

Undocumented - college kids + illegal immigrants vs right wing baddies, but mostly standard torture/ how do we escape evil guy scenario 4/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10697 on: October 07, 2017, 01:19:40 PM »

MST3K: JUNGLE GODDESS: The serial is the first episode of the incoherent "The Phantom Creeps" (with Lugosi). In the movie, a pair of airplane pilots go into the African jungle searching for a missing girl whom, it turns out, the natives worship as a goddess (because she's white, duh). The host segments are uneven but generally good, with the low point being an outdated infomercial parody and the high point the sitcom sketch "My White Goddess" (which manages to take the p**s out of TV comedies and the racist movie at the same time). This is probably not a great episode, but it was one of the first I ever saw and it has tremendous personal nostalgia for me (I quote the line "baby, you're a goddess!" all the time). 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10698 on: October 07, 2017, 02:38:15 PM »

"Truck Turner" (1974)
Soul music legend Isaac Hayes is Mac "Truck" Turner, the most bad-ass skip tracer and bounty hunter in L.A. When he kills the city's most powerful pimp during a shootout, the dude's grieving girlfriend and business partner (Nichelle "Lt. Uhura" Nichols!) puts a price on Truck's head, and soon every bad mo-fo in the city is gunning for him.
This blaxploitation classic is tons of sleazy, action packed fun. Groove on the outrageous fashions, the hair, the slang, and especially the funk-tastic soundtrack. Pure '70s gold.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:38:43 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #10699 on: October 07, 2017, 04:33:43 PM »

dark corners...i love thora birch, but this movie is just terrible!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10700 on: October 08, 2017, 09:25:56 AM »

MY NEIGHBORS THE YAMADAS (1999): Vignettes (some very short) about the five-member Yamada clan: the daughter gets lost shopping, the son woos his first girlfriend, Mom and Grandma pressure Dad to do something about the noisy teenage bikers disturbing the peace, and so on. Crafted in a minimalistic but highly creative style, it's like binge-reading a sweet-natured daily comic strip---and unlike much anime, it makes the Japanese look like normal people, without a single rampaging mecha or any hint of a tentacle fetish. 4/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10701 on: October 08, 2017, 11:44:53 AM »

316 - I'm not a big turn offer but I turned that one off something just immediately didn't work for me
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10702 on: October 08, 2017, 12:39:39 PM »

"The Burning" (1981)

A gang of summer campers plays a fiery prank on "Cropsey," the cranky ol' caretaker -- which goes horribly wrong and burns the poor bastard alive. Five years later, a mysterious figure who wields a mean pair o' garden shears starts picking off a new crew of camp counselors.
This is very familiar territory, of course (see: any random "Friday the 13th," "Madman," "Sleepaway Camp," etc.) but "The Burning" was a cut (sorry) above most of its summer-camp splatter competition, due to the truly nasty gore effects from carnage wizard Tom Savini.
Watch for a young Jason Alexander of future "Seinfeld" fame (with hair!) as one of the potential victims.

Bonus bit of useless trivia: "The Burning" was the very first production from Harvey Weinstein's Miramax studio, which was an odd coincidence cuz ol' Harvey has been all over the news this past week due to supposed improper conduct towards the women who work for him...

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10703 on: October 08, 2017, 03:58:36 PM »

"Hush" (Netflix original, 2016)

A deaf/mute woman who lives alone in an isolated cabin has to fight off a murderous and very determined home invader... but if he thinks she's going to go down easy, he picked the wrong house.
This taut little suspense/horror/thriller is kinda like a 21st century update/twist on the '60s Audrey Hepburn flick "Wait Until Dark." Cool stuff, sucked me in right from the get-go. Definitely worth a look.

316zombie
« Reply #10704 on: October 08, 2017, 08:20:42 PM »

316 - I'm not a big turn offer but I turned that one off something just immediately didn't work for me

be thankful you did,it was just bloody AWFUL! even my hubby , who loves movies that don't make sense, didn't like it. but he has the same unfortunate obsession with movies that i have with books,he HAS to watch the whole thing, no matter how bad.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10705 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:54 AM »

"Gerald's Game" (2017)
Looking to re-ignite the spark in their love life, a couple heads off to a secluded beach house for some private sexy time, which includes handcuffing Wifey to the bed. Unfortunately for her, Hubby then drops dead of a sudden heart attack, leaving her trapped and alone. Soon she learns that in order to escape her current situation, she'll have to overcome some demons from her past as well.
A tight, disturbing, well done psychological thriller based on Stephen King's novel. Kudos to Carla Gugino's performance as the trapped wife, since she plays a good chunk of this movie as a one-woman show.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10706 on: October 11, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »

HOLE IN THE SOUL (1994): Comic documentary self-portrait by Dusan Makavejev (SWEET MOVIE), who recalls his career, talks about making another film, visits his agent for the first time ever, and goes to a screening of SWEET MOVIE with a pig companion. Reinforces this director's odd sense of humor, but he's no longer out to shock viewers---he now embraces a grandfatherly persona, amused by his own irrelevance and toothlessness. A feature-length extra on Criterion's WR: MYSTERIES OF THE ORGANISM disc. 2.5/5.

THE CHUMSCRUBBER (2005): In a wealthy California suburb, disaffected teen Dean finds himself snared in an amateur blackmail and kidnapping plot after his only friend, a drug supplier, hangs himself and local high school drug dealers assume he knows the location of the stash. This strange satire/black comedy is ambitious and has a great cast (Glenn Close and Ralph Fiennes appear in relatively small roles), but it never finds a sure footing, and its lack of coherence is amplified by the fact that everyone in the story is on drugs (prescription or otherwise). 3/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10707 on: October 11, 2017, 09:26:57 PM »

"Jaws 2" (1978)
Amity Island's Police Chief Brody has another shark problem - and this time the toothy sucker has its sights set on a group of local teenagers out for a day of sailing.
"Jaws 2" doesn't come anywhere close to matching the suspense or craftsmanship of its predecessor, of course, but it's an enjoyable enough creature feature in its own right. After this flick, however, the "Jaws" franchise went straight down the poop chute and never returned.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10708 on: October 14, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »

"Halloween III: Season of the Witch" (1982)
A small town doctor (Tom "Escape From New York" Atkins) gets caught up in a plot to commit high tech human sacrifice on Halloween night, using specially programmed masks and a devious TV signal.
...this totally entertaining, yet completely batsh*t mix of '50s paranoid sci-fi and splashy '80s gore tried its best to send the "Halloween" franchise off into a new, Michael Myers-free direction but failed spectacularly at the box office...which is a shame, because it's still a fun watch today. "III" is just about the only "Halloween" movie I'm not completely sick of.
Added bonus, my 10 year old watched it with me for the first time and he loved it!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10709 on: October 14, 2017, 06:20:23 PM »

"Cult of Chucky" (2017)
In the seventh (!) "Child's Play" installment,  wheelchair-bound Nica (lone survivor of the previous chapter) is locked up in a mental hospital. Therapy has convinced her that "Chucky" was just a figment of her imagination and that she was responsible for all of the carnage in the prior film. Of course, things get complicated when the real Chucky shows up in the flesh - err, plastic -- and starts carving up her fellow patients.
Part old school slasher flick, part psycho-thriller, and all big dumb gory fun, this makes the second decent "Chucky" movie in a row. Not bad for a franchise that I wrote off twenty plus years ago. Who'da thunk it?

Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.