Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:41:35 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101056 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10710 on: October 16, 2017, 10:16:41 AM »

Deep Cover (1992) - "Deep Cover on the incognito tip dmm dmm dmmmmmm..." yeah one of those had never seen its and it wasn't bad I tell ya. Larry Fishborne who I guess came off as a guy who might be a cop and or gangsta in 1992 but now seems like a middle school biology teacher goes "deep cover" to get some big drugs guys but then gets in too deep uh oh. the plot is like...the law and politics are corrupt so who are the bad guys really? so why not just make a ton of money because nothign means anything sort of thing

I really liked his straight talking boss and Jeff glodblum is funny if not hugely believable as his partner on the crimes side.

3.75/ 5

does not feature any Death Row cameos actually who was performing in that one nightclub? it's not a rap movie in other words
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10711 on: October 17, 2017, 08:58:16 AM »

THE ORNITHOLOGIST (2016): An ornithologist crashes his kayak while bird watching in remote Portugal, then has a series of increasingly surreal adventures (including sex with a mute man named "Jesus") that (reportedly) mirror the life of St. Anthony. Languid pace, amazing scenery, but the segments are only sporadically engaging; perhaps if you had a St. Anthony concordance it would resonate more? 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #10712 on: October 17, 2017, 03:40:26 PM »

Christmas evil (1980) A young boy catches santa doing a lot more than kissing Mommy under the mistletoe one christmas and it drives him a bit mad, 30 years later he decides to take to the streets as the fat man himself stealing from the bad and giving to the good...with murderous consiquences.

I absolutely loved this film. stone cold classic and totally underrated. it got the tone just right and the cine was lovely definately rewatching this over the festive season :)

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10713 on: October 18, 2017, 08:47:08 AM »

LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD (1961): In a strange, dreamlike hotel, a man tries to convince a woman they met and had an affair the previous year, but she claims not to remember him. One of cinema's purest mysteries: if there were a single clue that explained what really happened last year, the entire structure would collapse. 5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10714 on: October 18, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »

Hackers - This was fun and man did Angelina Jolie look great. I don't know how accurate it all was but it seemed like it to me. The black guy seemed a little old to be there but I liked the trans type weirdo guy and all the hacking around. 4.5 /5
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #10715 on: October 18, 2017, 04:58:57 PM »

Split (1989) - ...a 3 way cross between video art, experimental cinema and Science fiction this film follows a Man named starker as he hides in a reality that is monitored by shady "Men in black" types who are led by a part man, part machine hybrid. Starker escapes there scanners by disguising himself and forming no emotional attachments. Basically its a more eccentric "Neu wave" proto version of The Matrix but a lot less moody and a lot more colourful. Striking cinematogrpahy, great direction and a positively Lynchian vibe about it. its not one to just "Pop on" but its a gorgeous little film :)

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10716 on: October 19, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »

"The Babysitter" (Netflix original, 2017)
12 year old Cole might be a bit of a scaredy-cat, but he still doesn't think his parents need to hire a babysitter for him... until his blonde, leggy teenage dream girl from down the street shows up at the door. 
Unfortunately, in addition to her awesome babysitting skills, "Bee" also happens to be a member of a Satanic cult who needs some of Cole's innocent blood to complete a ritual. Hilarity ensues. 
This bizarre blend of horror comedy and coming of age story (yes, really) has a lot of laughs, but it doesn't skimp on the gore, either. A pleasant surprise. 

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
dean

« Reply #10717 on: October 19, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »

Hackers - This was fun and man did Angelina Jolie look great. I don't know how accurate it all was but it seemed like it to me. The black guy seemed a little old to be there but I liked the trans type weirdo guy and all the hacking around. 4.5 /5

The movie is incredible in so many ways but the way they try to make hacking 'cinematic' is particularly hilarious. It's on my list of 'movies with teens where there is some sort of lair for lost teens with games and wacky objects everywhere'. Other notables include the original Teenage Mutant turtles and the Foot clan lair and where the two leads lived in Double Dragon.

! No longer available Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10718 on: October 20, 2017, 10:43:23 AM »

the roller blading is such a rip off of pocket ninjas thats why I took off .5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10719 on: October 21, 2017, 04:38:26 PM »

"Never Hike Alone" (2017)

While video-blogging his hike through the Catskill Mountains, a backpacker stumbles across the ruins of Camp Crystal Lake -- and soon learns that its most famous resident isn't an urban legend after all.
This Friday the 13th "fan film" (available for free on YouTube) is a way-cool salute to the classic horror film series and a pretty damn decent suspense thriller in its own right. A lot of "fan films" are cheap crap but this one is worth watching --
it obviously had some decent financial backing and was made by people with filmmaking skills. Well done, folks.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
dean

« Reply #10720 on: October 23, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »

The Baby Sitter:

Netflix horror comedy about a baby sitter who invites people around for a quick game of spin the bottle after her ward goes to sleep. As per normal it ends in human sacrifice and an awake kid who saw the whole thing and must try and get away.

Low budget with pretty decent cinematography and gore. The charming leads make the nonsense on the good side of silly fun though there is plenty of stupid laced within (though that's the point I suppose). Solid 3/5 film depending on the milage you get out of the lead kid and he's awfully hollywood child actor face and haircut (he's like a 12 year old Josh Hartnett.)

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10721 on: October 24, 2017, 10:46:39 AM »

Sin Nombre - excellent foreign film that took me a week to watch because I'm a moron now.

A guy and a girl meet as they attempt to make their way from Ecuador or something over the border to America. Most of it takes place in and around the train they ride on top of. Complicating this would-be pleasant journey is the fact that it's illegal and the guy's involvement with MS 13, who seem really annoying. The main villain has a giant MS tattooed on his face and they just go around being horrible, having dramatic gang codes, and robbing people trying to get to America.

It's a lot more substantial than, say, Undocumented but could have used a little comic relief or something, it's relentlessly heavy. It does do a very good job showing what it's like trying to get to America though and the acting and everything is excellent.

4.5/5
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10722 on: October 25, 2017, 01:42:42 AM »

And the Cookie Monster virus  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10723 on: October 25, 2017, 09:04:42 AM »

SPIDER MAN: HOMECOMING (2017): 15-year old superhero Spidey battles a cadre of arms dealers, and more importantly, tries to work up the nerve to ask a senior girl to the homecoming dance. Almost a comedy, this isn't one of the Marvel series' best movies, but it is refreshing to see them decide not to treat comic books so damn seriously. Plus, it turns out Birdman was a bad guy all along. 3.5/5.

DMT: THE SPIRIT MOLECULE (2010): High-speculation, low-skepticism documentary about the poorly understood but extremely potent natural hallucinogen DMT, which is so powerful that many people who take it find it to be a spiritual experience of hidden realities. Third-eye opening revelation, or another case of far-too-serious hippies taking all the fun out of getting high? I lean towards the latter. 2/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10724 on: October 26, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »

PHENOMENA (1985): A teenage girl with a psychic bond to insects (!) teams up with a forensic entomologist (!) to hunt down a serial killer. The film looks good, but less than a decade after SUSPIRIA, Dario Argento was already starting to slip into self-parody; this one has a truly laughable premise, but there's enough tinsel (a crazy ending and a lovable chimp) to make it watchable. 3/5.

Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.