Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:19 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101005 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10725 on: October 26, 2017, 11:36:16 AM »

Eternal (2004) - this had decent enough casting and an okay if predictable story but I can't recommend it mostly for two reasons

1. it's clearly a soft core sex movie but there is no actual nudity. that's pretty stupid and

2. Most of the movie is so dark it's ridiculous.

2/5 It's about elizabeth bathory  "Elizabeeeth in the castle where was my soooul"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10726 on: October 26, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »

"The Redwood Massacre" (2015)
Campers encounter a hulking masked axe murderer at an abandoned house in the British countryside. Yup, that's the whole plot. Cheap, gory slasher nonsense that we've seen a thousand times before, except this time everybody's got English accents. 
AVOID.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10727 on: October 27, 2017, 11:31:46 AM »

Starry Eyes (2014) - Is Hollywood actually run by Satan? naive actress finds out the hard way, spits up black liquids

as a horror movie it's really good, if it had been a little more ambitious it could have been great and said a lot more

4.5/5 suddenly apropos

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10728 on: October 29, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »

Since it's the last weekend before Halloween, we'd usually be OD'ing on horror movies around my house.

Unfortunately, we had to have our old dog put to sleep yesterday ... so to make my 10 year old son feel better I watched this with him while we both had a good cry.

"Hotel For Dogs" (2009)

A pair of street-savvy orphans and dog lovers (one of whom is played by a young Emma Roberts) set up shop in an abandoned luxury hotel and turn it into a secret hangout for stray pooches and the kids who love them. Naturally, they can't keep it a secret forever and soon they have to protect their pups from Animal Control and the police.
Charming, cartoony kid stuff with lots of cute canine hi-jinks, just what the doctor ordered after a rough day.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10729 on: October 29, 2017, 11:51:06 AM »

OKJA (2017): A Korean girl befriends a giant genetically-modified pig bred by a Monsanto-like corporation and tries to save her from the slaughterhouse. Exotic style, but familiar anthropomorphism; a perfect example of why you should not play with your food. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10730 on: October 29, 2017, 02:37:42 PM »

Back in the Halloween groove...

"Trick r' Treat" (2009)
Michael "Krampus" Doughterty's way-cool "Creepshow" style anthology of scary tales set in the same small town on Oct. 31st is tons of spooky fun and has become a Halloween go-to film around my house.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10731 on: October 30, 2017, 06:39:31 PM »

Goyle of the Risegargles - a guy from I think baywatch is an architectural history professor and goes to France for some reason. His cute agent takes him to a church which all the sudden starts spitting out gargoyles, but they find that out later (slight spoiler but not really, it's pretty obvious). People in France speak English with inspector clouseau accents.

no nudity of course and not much CGI gore either. in one scene a lady is killed and someone just throws red paint against the wall. must have run out of money? Anyway this had potential but it's just them going through the motions of this cheesy story no style really

2/5
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:50:48 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
316zombie
« Reply #10732 on: October 30, 2017, 11:56:52 PM »

paterson. jarmusch. nuff said.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10733 on: October 31, 2017, 04:43:29 PM »

CIRCUS KANE - A random group of bloggers, horror movie critics, a scream queen, a memorabilia collector, and several others are invited to spend the night in a house of horrors which will pay $250,000 to anyone who survives the night.  They agree to the deal, thinking that means "survive the night without wanting to leave."  But no, it's literal, and they start dying almost immediately upon getting locked in the house.  After that, it's kind of an "escape room from hell" sort of story as they try to get out of the place alive.
All told, it's a fairly cheesy ripoff of the SAW franchise.  Gory, a few decent scares, cheaply done, and the cleavage-baring scream queen never does quite come all the way out of her dress. 3/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10734 on: November 01, 2017, 09:58:37 AM »

SUPERPOWERLESS (2016): Captain Truth lost his superpowers and became an out-of-shape slacker who drinks too much; after his old sidekick's memoir hits the bestseller list, he considers writing his own autobiography. An indie dramedy that (surprisingly, given the premise) leans farther to the drama side; it's lack of budget, and acceptance of same, mirrors the hero's lack of superpowers. Watchable. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10735 on: November 04, 2017, 05:40:51 AM »

"Alien: Covenant" (2017)
In Ridley Scott's latest "Alien" flick, a crew of space colonists land on a seemingly-perfect undiscovered planet ... which naturally turns out to be less than perfect.
The first half of "Covenant" is a bit of a slog, spending way too much time on set up - probably due to its picking up plot threads from Scott's sluggish "Prometheus." When the chest-bursting and xenomorph nastiness finally kicks in during the second half, it's fun to watch but overall I'd rate this installment as a disappointment.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10736 on: November 04, 2017, 05:57:54 AM »

THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER - This was an interesting but hard to follow horror film that kept jumping back and forth in time.  A girl at a boarding school has visions of violence and evil that slowly drive her to madness, and she eventually kills two nuns and a roommate during a school holiday when the campus is otherwise empty.  Graphic violence and a story that is not always easy to follow; I'll admit I wish I had watched this one a little more closely than I did, I might have gotten more out of it.  3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #10737 on: November 04, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

THE BOY(2016)

not bad...not great, but not bad. greta evans( maggie from the walking dead-aka-lauren cohan) takes a job as a nannyto what she thinks is a little boy,who initially turns out to e a doll....that moves...and talks....but not where she can SEE it happen.
   rather predictable, but i'd give it a 3.5/5.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10738 on: November 04, 2017, 06:27:04 PM »

Brahms ^ I liked it but it wasn't as over the top or insane as Orphan
316zombie
« Reply #10739 on: November 04, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »

oh yeah,orphan is TWISTED!
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.