Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:10 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100976 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10740 on: November 05, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »

"Stephen King's 'IT'" (1990)
I hadn't seen this two-part mini-series adaptation of Stephen King's monster epic in dog years, but it's held up better than I expected, in spite of its made-for-TV limitations -- boiling a 1100-page horror behemoth down to three and a half hours that would pass Network Standards & Practices must have been tough. The special effects are cheap but it's got a great cast and performances all around, esp. Tim Curry's bravura turn as the evil Pennywise. Hopefully I'll be checking out the new remake fairly soon.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10741 on: November 06, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »

VAMPIROS SEXOS [AKA I WAS A TEENAGE ZABBADOING] (1988): The hard-to-grasp and not-seriously-intended plot concerns vampires from outer space, or something like that, who lead "teenage" victims to have (graphic hardcore) sex. Silly Austrian Cinema of Transgression; all superficial style, lo-fi and low-wit. 1.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10742 on: November 07, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »

KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE (1989): During a rite of passage, a 13-year old witch sets up a broomstick delivery service in her village. A simple children's book brought to life, more episodic in stricture than other Hayao Mitazaki animes; the flying sequences are spectacular, but this is merely very good basic kid's movie, not a genre-transcending masterpiece like SPIRITED AWAY. 4/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10743 on: November 07, 2017, 11:59:48 AM »

Predator - that's right I'd never seen predator. It was better than I thought it would be. It's not very fancy, it all takes place walking around the same bit of rain forest and the special effects while innovative for the time I'm sure are just for the predator thing itself. It works on every level though, the predator can be a cool monster or it can be an analogy for like evil or something. It's horrible looking, has innumerable tricks up it's sleeve, and moves silently around waiting to destroy in the most brutal inhumane way possible. It doesn't give long speeches or have any particular gripe it's just BAD.

5/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10744 on: November 09, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »

"Furious 7" (2015)

Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and the rest of the street racing crew are off on another globe trotting adventure where they're targeted by a British bad guy (Jason Statham) with a grudge against them. As usual, many cars are crashed, bullets fly, tough guys beat the crap out of each other, and lotsa stuff blows up. 

Sadly, this seventh "Fast & Furious" installment was also the final one for Walker, who died during filming.  I've only seen one other "F&F" movie besides this (and I'm not even sure which one it was!), but I dug this flick anyway, it's big, loud, dumb, destructive fun.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10745 on: November 09, 2017, 11:55:36 AM »

The Sandpiper (1965) - this one snuck down my queue. It's not exactly my thing but pretty good I guess. The biggest selling point is Elizabeth taylor who looks really good as a "bohemian free spirit" who falls for richard Burton, a minister at her sons school. they were an item in real life so it fed into all that.

some of it is a little corny. Burton at one point looks at Taylor and goes "I want you...I want you" and storms out I mean come on. It looks and feels like one of those harlequin romance books your older sister read but it "works" and at least the diaogue isn't all bad jokes and stupid double entendres like nowadays. Charles Bronson as a beatnik sculptor guy was a bit of stretch. A little dialogue/ romance heavy for my tastes. it's a girl movie what are you gonna do

4.5 /5
it wasn't well received

edit: it probably deserves a lower score than that a little out of my element here
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:40:10 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10746 on: November 10, 2017, 07:21:23 AM »

"Get Out" (2017)
An African-American man and his white girlfriend head out to the country to spend a weekend at her parents' estate. Though he's already expecting an awkward, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" type scenario, our hero soon learns that there's something even more sinister going on behind the scenes at the ol' homestead...
This horror/suspense thriller was a massive box office hit earlier this year and I can see why. This one sucks you right in and maintains an unsettling feeling of dread throughout. Good stuff.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10747 on: November 10, 2017, 09:09:30 AM »

MONDO WEIRDO (1990): A young girl wanders through a nightmare world of sex, violence and bad industrial music. This is somewhat eerie and a definite improvement over this "transgressive" director's first effort VAMPIROS SEXOS (included in the same Cult Epics Blu-ray set). It almost plays like a bisexual punk version of DEMENTIA/DAUGHTER OF HORROR or even MESHES OF THE AFTERNOON; the hardcore sex bits and gruesome gore prove a distraction rather than an asset, though. 2/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10748 on: November 10, 2017, 04:35:38 PM »

"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969)
James Bond travels to the Swiss Alps, romances a countess and battles Blofeld's plot to commit worldwide germ warfare via a squadron of specially-trained ladies he calls his "Angels of Death."
George Lazenby's first and only spin as the "new" 007 is a mixed bag; the action sequences are great but the leading man's near-total lack of acting experience keeps it from making the leap into the top-tier Bond.
If Lazenby had stuck around he might have developed into a decent 007; unfortunately he followed the dubious advice of his manager, who told him the Bond character would be 'passe' in the 1970s ... so he turned down a multi-picture contract and went straight into the "Where Are They Now" file. Great career move there, George!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10749 on: November 10, 2017, 08:11:49 PM »

"The Lego Batman Movie" (2017)
Gotham City's greatest hero gets locked in Arkham Asylum, travels to the Phantom Zone, battles a whole mess o' super villains and monsters, gets a new partner, and learns what it means to be part of a family in this loud, candy-colored, hyperactively-paced animated adventure from the makers of "The Lego Movie." The jokes come at rapid fire speed, the graphics are colorful and wacky, and there are lots of affectionate jabs at the Batman legend. This may be the weirdest Bat-adaptation I've ever seen but it was also a ton of fun!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10750 on: November 11, 2017, 11:29:29 AM »

1922 (2017) - A Netflix original horror movie, based on the Stephen King short story.  Pretty well done, it relates the confession of a Nebraska farmer who kills his wife in order to gain control of the hundred acres of farmland she inherited.  This sets in train a series of catastrophes, fueled and perhaps caused by her vengeful ghost, that ruins his life and ultimately drives him to suicide.  Really a very faithful adaptation of an excellent, creepy little tale.  The only negative element for me was the main characters habit of swallowing his words and talking through his teeth in an effort to sound like a frontier farmer - it just made his voice sound forced and artificial.  But, other than that, I really liked this one!  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #10751 on: November 11, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »

evolution(2015)
   i have to let imdb describe it, but i give it a solid 4/5!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4291590/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10752 on: November 11, 2017, 05:39:26 PM »

"Diamonds Are Forever" (1971)

After the lukewarm reception to George Lazenby's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," Sean Connery returned to the James Bond role one "last" time. In this installment 007 investigates a diamond-smuggling ring that leads him from Amsterdam to Las Vegas, where Blofeld and SPECTRE are using the gems to create a deadly laser satellite weapon. 

I'm sure fans were glad to see Sean back in the tuxedo again at the time, but "Diamonds" is not a top drawer Bond adventure by any means - Connery's clearly only in it for the paycheck and the entire production seems campier than usual. This one might have worked better if it had starred Roger Moore.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10753 on: November 12, 2017, 08:34:53 AM »

"Lucy" (2014)
A woman (Scarlett Johansen) accidentally receives an overdose of a dangerous new synthetic drug, which gives her unexpected powers and abilities. Naturally, she uses this advantage to get even with the Asian mobsters who dosed her in the first place.
This weird mix of shoot-em-up action flick and metaphysical sci-fi from Luc "Fifth Element" Besson is not what I was expecting at all, but it turned out to be a cool watch.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10754 on: November 12, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »

"Trainwreck" (2015)
Comedienne Amy Schumer is a drunken, bed hopping magazine reporter who finally lands in a "real" relationship with a nice guy (SNL's Bill Hader), but nearly blows her chance at happiness thanks to her bad habits. Schumer's good for a few laughs, but this is basically a foul-mouthed Lifetime Movie.

"Green Room" (2016)
A small time punk rock band lands a last minute gig at a sketchy club (run by even sketchier people) in the middle of nowhere...but when they see something that they shouldn't have, they have to fight their way out. A claustrophobic thriller with a great performance by Sir Patrick Stewart (!) as the Big Bad.

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.