Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:08 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2099957 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10905 on: February 06, 2018, 09:57:05 AM »

THE GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS (1973): A mining company representative tries to buy leases from the hostile residents of Virginia City, NV, while meanwhile some phosphorescent gas has turned a sheep embryo into a monster. After scenes like the sheep stampede and the dog funeral, you might be wondering if this is a genuine bad movie from an LSD-damaged director or deliberate camp; in either case, it's absurd enough to keep the interest of trash aficionados. Maybe 3/5 for bad movie fans, worth seeing.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10906 on: February 07, 2018, 07:57:33 PM »

^that thing was insane looking

One take (1997) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0127058/

imagine a sensitive, romantic, thought provoking drama done with the budget of a backyard zombie movie. It doesn't happen often, but somehow a guy with a decent sense of story telling managed to get his movie made. It should give hope to prospective film makers, but no one has seen this and it will never be any sort of thing. actually that's not true, bill bob thornton gives a blurb that its a wonderful movie or something.

the plot is a guys (really pretty hot) girlfriend dies and somehow sends him a postcard from beyond the grave. He decides to go check out where she's from to see what the hell is going on. He's racked with guilt about the fact that her appendicts burst while they were camping and it was his fault because he wanted to go to the top of the stupid mountain they were climbing.

Interesting twists and turns and people emerge. it snuck down my queue and I'm glad it did

4.75/ 5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10907 on: February 08, 2018, 10:39:50 AM »

THE POST (2017): Historical account of the Washington Post's decision to publish the Pentagon Papers despite legal threats from the Nixon administration. Spielberg directs Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, so quality is assured---definitely not fake news. 3.5/5.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10908 on: February 08, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »

So did Spielberg work in a scene with Meryl Streep bound and helplessly facing fiery death?    Wink

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10909 on: February 09, 2018, 04:40:50 PM »

"Ms. 45" (1981)
A mousy NYC garment district worker is raped twice in the same day (Ouch! What are the odds?), which understandably causes her to have a mental breakdown. Eventually she becomes a vigilante by night, blowing away random punks, pimps, and hustlers.
Abel Ferrara's artsy, gory female "Death Wish" variant was pretty strong stuff for 1981 but nowadays it's almost quaint. Still, it's worth a look if you're a grindhouse completist, especially for the old-school downtown New York locations, which are so grimy you can practically smell the garbage and the hobo urine.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10910 on: February 10, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »

"Resident Evil" (2002)
A security team has to fight its way out of a secret corporate facility crawling with zombie-fied employees and flesh munching mutations -- the result of a lab accident with a top secret virus.
Based on the long running series of video games, this loud, chaotic slab of high tech sci-fi/horror nonsense was directed by Paul W.S. Anderson of "Event Horizon" and "Alien vs Predator" fame (and stars his wife, Milla Jovovich). It also launched an equally long running film franchise. I doubt if I'll bother to watch any of the half dozen or so sequels that have followed this one, but "Resident Evil" was an entertainingly silly time killer on a rainy day.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10911 on: February 10, 2018, 07:15:32 PM »

Kloverfield - I've been putting off writing this because it's just such an established movie who cares what anyone thinks in 2018. It seems to be influenced by 9/11 in the way that Godzilla movies were influenced by Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I thought all the characters were pretty good if not utterly perfect and that it was pretty cool by and large. idk do I get a milkshake or something?

4/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10912 on: February 11, 2018, 08:22:01 AM »

"Top Dog" (1995)
A tough San Diego cop (Chuck Norris) is saddled with a scruffy new canine partner,  and together the mismatched pair must solve a series of bombings. Lots of car crashes, shootouts, and explosions follow. Imagine "K-9" or "Turner & Hooch" with way more slow motion roundhouse kicking.
This cheap looking flick tried to mesh a standard Chuck Norris butt-kicking action plot with some cute animal hi-jinks in order to pass itself off as a "family" film, but its story is too dark and violent for kids (the bad guys are home-grown Neo-Nazi terrorists!) and too silly for grown-ups.
In a classic example of bad timing, "Top Dog" opened a week after the Oklahoma City bombing... and when it tanked, it took the remnants of Norris' declining film career with it. Fortunately he already had "Walker: Texas Ranger" up and running by the time this movie crashed and burned.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10913 on: February 11, 2018, 11:14:37 AM »

"Cherry 2000" (1987)
In the desolate future of 2017 (ha!), a yuppie from the city hires a female "tracker" (Melanie Griffith) to guide him through the desert wastelands so he can find a replacement model for his beloved robot wife.
This quirky cult action comedy is an entertainingly weird mash up of genres (cyberpunk sci-fi, Western, post-apocalypse, and yes, even romance) but somehow it manages to make all the clashing ideas and styles work.
I had seen this flick once before on HBO but that was dog years ago, and I remembered next to nothing about it. I'm glad I revisited it cuz this "Cherry" was cool stuff. Recommended.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10914 on: February 11, 2018, 05:05:35 PM »

"The Founder" (2016)
Michael Keaton stars in this entertaining period piece as Ray Kroc, the struggling restaurant-supply salesman whose chance meeting with two California brothers with a unique twist on the standard '50s burgers-and-fries drive-in eventually becomes McDonald's, the biggest fast-food chain in the world. Dryly funny and well written with great performances all around, esp. by Keaton and Nick "Parks and Recreation" Offerman as the tightly-wound Richard McDonald. Good stuff.

316zombie
« Reply #10915 on: February 11, 2018, 05:26:01 PM »

"lady in the water"-m.night shyalaman
    i was REALLY impressed with this movie! i need to buy the dvd AND the book soon, my greatniece and nephews will love it too. there are very few things in life better than a fairy tale movie that grownups like too.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10916 on: February 11, 2018, 06:37:03 PM »

THE PATRIOT (2000) - I've seen this one so many times, but it never gets old.  Yes, I know the main storyline is pure fiction.  Yes,  I know the British never locked people in a church and burned them (although they and their Loyalist allies did some absolutely HORRIBLE things during the Southern Campaign of 1779-81).  But it's a fun, well-acted, beautifully filmed movie with a stirring score by Hans Zimmer.  So the haters can eat dirt, I love this film!! 5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10917 on: February 12, 2018, 12:22:06 AM »

I just watched "the cloverfield paradox" on netflix and my general opinion is that it's bad, and not in a good way. It's got great effects and acting, but the sotry is just a mess. mostly it's a horror movie set in space. You know all those movies where the find the drifitng ship, board it and start getting killed by ghosts? Yeah, it's basically that on a space station. Substitute "quantum" for curse and alternate dimension for ghosts and that's basically the cloverfield paradox.

Dumb depressing storyline that makes no sense because of the magic word "Quantum!"  Also depressing because as soon as someone shows some intelligence and actually solves a problem he's killed in some horrific way. Almost as if being an intelligent reasonable person who solves a problem is an automatic death sentence. XXXX you, anti intellectuals.

Sadly the movie had great effects, very high quality. Wasted in a boring, inane evil spirits out for revenge movie plot.

Also, TCP manages to snatch utter disaster from the jaws of simple failure at the very end.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Fox Sake
« Reply #10918 on: February 12, 2018, 03:33:08 AM »

"Le Diabolique" (1955 France) - one of my favourites, and a film I never tire of re-watching.

A Parisian boarding school  is run on a shoe-string budget by a bullying & arrogant governor (Paul Meurisse),who is married to the school's owner (Véra Clouzot). Meurisse
is also having a secret relationship with one of the teachers (Simone Signoret). Both women have suffered under the heavy hands of Meuriss, so they both hatch an elaborate plan to kill him!

A simple premise excellently revealed under the expert eye of director Henri-Georges Clouzot (real-life husband to Véra); and the ending is the icing on the cake - for me at least. Lots of suspense, and one or two quite heart-stopping moments thrown into the mix as well. One would be forgiven in thinking tht this was directed by someone like Alfred Hitchcock - but instead it seems the great man learnt a lot from this film and later went on to make "Psycho" 

5/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10919 on: February 12, 2018, 09:55:08 AM »

A PAGE OF MADNESS (1926): A man takes a job at an insane asylum with the hopes of freeing his imprisoned wife. Often called the Japanese answer to THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI, the story is not strong (it was intended to be shown with live narration by a "benshi," and that script is apparently lost), but the imagery is striking and advanced for 1926---kinetic editing, double images, and distorting lenses---and sells the demented melodrama. 4/5.

Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.