Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:06:07 AM
713405 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101310 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10965 on: March 12, 2018, 10:55:02 PM »

Stranger on the 3rd Floor - this was on the TCM film noir thingy. I'd never heard of it before and it's not a classic but it was interesting.

A guy helps convict a man of murder. He didn't see the crime but he saw the guy there afterwards. Well, wouldn't you know it, a murder happens in his building and HE 's suspected of it. What a turn of events. The guy he sees is Peter Lorre wearing a long white scarf so the rest of the movie is them trying to find him and whatnot.

This is sometimes thought of as the first film noir, it's a year before Maltese falcon, but it lacks the sort of tension that would define the genre. In fact, it all gets resolved so quickly and absurdly its almost like the director just dropped the ball. luckily others would pick it up.

3.75/ 5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10966 on: March 13, 2018, 07:08:18 AM »

MOM AND DAD (2017) - Nick Cage and Tea Leone are typical suburban parents with a wonderfully silly little boy and a rebellious, moody teenage daughter.  But then something happens and all the parents in the country start trying to kill their children - leaving the kids in a desperate scramble to survive as mom and dad are doing their best to snuff them.  Weird premise, fun movie!  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10967 on: March 14, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »

the Big Heat - another from the film noir TCM thing. it starts off a little clunky. We get that he's a "family man" but do we need to have the first half hour be like Mister Rogers? just get to the story.

A post prohibition mob guy retains his hold on a city, though he has to be more careful than before. A letter written by some guy that names names is floating around and they have to make sure the press doesn't get it. our hero, the Mister rogers cop guy gets involved when the hoods come after his family in a misguided effort to get him to back off.

It resembles a pre code gangster movie, like the one where jimmy Cagney squishes the grapefruit in the lady's face. A young Lee Marvin, yes he was young once apparently, is memorable as a violent hood. Once it gets going it's good though probably not an all time favorite for me.

3.75 /5

also saw 2 different fu manchu movies. anna mae wong was good in one, but Warner Oland was more like fu manchus fat brother in law than fu manchu.  Karloff  in Mask of Fu Manchuhe other one I saw was much better. it was a re watch
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:29:12 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10968 on: March 15, 2018, 07:44:11 AM »

"Thor: Ragnarok" (2017)
Marvel's Thunder God is cast out of Asgard during a takeover by his long lost sister, Hella - the Goddess of Death. With a little bit of help from his evil half-brother Loki and the Hulk, he has to battle his way back home from a backwater planet run by a maniac (Jeff Goldblum) in order to save his people. 
A fast, funny fantasy flick with lots of action, impressive visuals and a great sense of humor. "Thor" was never my favorite Marvel Comics character but I've been impressed with all of the films in this series thus far. 
Also, coolest use of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" in a movie ever. :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10969 on: March 15, 2018, 11:11:56 AM »

We Are Still Here - watcheable but pretty nondescript horror movie in the Conjuring, Insidious vein

3/5
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10970 on: March 15, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »

DAY OF THE DEAD: BLOODLINES - Five years after the zombie apocalypse, a young doctor named Zoe and a few dozen military and civilian survivors are eking out a meager existence inside a heavily fortified compound.  She leads a raid back to the Medical University where she was working when the outbreak first occurred, in order to stock up on antibiotics due to a bacterial pneumonia breakout in the compound.  She and the team are followed back by a "rotter" who is only half dead - somehow, the extra antibodies his body produced when he was alive left him half-conscious and capable of some rational thought. Of course, he also happened to be the  creepy  patient who was obsessed with Zoe when she was a medical student, and tried to rape her on the night of the initial zombie outbreak.  After he is captured, Zoe tries to synthesize and a vaccine from his blood, even as the zombies that he "turned" are running amok inside the compound . . . a pretty well done and fun to watch zombie flick, if you are not totally burned out on such things. 3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10971 on: March 15, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »

THOR: RAGNAROK - Another Marvel fun-fest with the God of Thunder trying to get back to Asgard to stop his evil older sister Hella from taking over.  Great supporting role by Jeff Goldblum; another superhero hit from the guys who do it best!  4/5

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10972 on: March 15, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »

DAY OF THE DEAD: BLOODLINES - Five years after the zombie apocalypse, a young doctor named Zoe and a few dozen military and civilian survivors are eking out a meager existence inside a heavily fortified compound.  She leads a raid back to the Medical University where she was working when the outbreak first occurred, in order to stock up on antibiotics due to a bacterial pneumonia breakout in the compound.  She and the team are followed back by a "rotter" who is only half dead - somehow, the extra antibodies his body produced when he was alive left him half-conscious and capable of some rational thought. Of course, he also happened to be the  creepy  patient who was obsessed with Zoe when she was a medical student, and tried to rape her on the night of the initial zombie outbreak.  After he is captured, Zoe tries to synthesize and a vaccine from his blood, even as the zombies that he "turned" are running amok inside the compound . . . a pretty well done and fun to watch zombie flick, if you are not totally burned out on such things. 3.5/5

Yeah,  this is me when it comes to zombie movies. ...

Zombie TV shows...

Zombie books...

Zombie comics...

Zombie video games...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:38:23 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
dean

« Reply #10973 on: March 15, 2018, 06:27:48 PM »

Annihilation:

Short version, loved it. Trippier than Arrival with some heady sci-fi concepts. The horror moment in this is also terrifying in one of my favourite constructed tense scenes with amazing sound design. Not sure necessarily if it sticks the landing at the end but this one hits me in all the right places.

4.5/5 must see. Watch when you can concentrate, there's alot going on here and it's asking the audience to do a lot of the heavy lifting as it doesn't readily hand out answers.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
316zombie
« Reply #10974 on: March 15, 2018, 07:02:16 PM »

hidden
a very strange movie... i think i need to watch it again before i try to describe it, even though it wasn't very good.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10975 on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »

BLOOD OF A POET (1932): A poet wipes a mouth of a painting and it sticks to his hand, then is sent through a mirror by a statue, and eventually commits suicide... This early experimental film from Jean Cocteau doesn't flow exceptionally well, but it's full of imagination and pioneering visual trickery that he would put to better use in his 1950 masterpiece ORPHEUS. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #10976 on: March 16, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »

DAY OF THE DEAD: BLOODLINES - Five years after the zombie apocalypse, a young doctor named Zoe and a few dozen military and civilian survivors are eking out a meager existence inside a heavily fortified compound.  She leads a raid back to the Medical University where she was working when the outbreak first occurred, in order to stock up on antibiotics due to a bacterial pneumonia breakout in the compound.  She and the team are followed back by a "rotter" who is only half dead - somehow, the extra antibodies his body produced when he was alive left him half-conscious and capable of some rational thought. Of course, he also happened to be the  creepy  patient who was obsessed with Zoe when she was a medical student, and tried to rape her on the night of the initial zombie outbreak.  After he is captured, Zoe tries to synthesize and a vaccine from his blood, even as the zombies that he "turned" are running amok inside the compound . . . a pretty well done and fun to watch zombie flick, if you are not totally burned out on such things. 3.5/5

Amazing that this appears to be the same movie I watched, but you definitely have an upbeat way of looking at it.

Here are my final comments on BLOODLINES:
"It is easy to heap insults onto this film because it took a minor classic, and, instead of building on a solid foundation, gutted any social/political meaning from the story and gives you writing and acting that makes you cringe because it depends so much on cliché and stupidity that you cannot muster any concern or empathy for the movie, the situations, and/or the characters."

And here is the link for the full review, if interested:  http://horrornews.net/128654/film-review-day-dead-bloodline-2018/

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10977 on: March 18, 2018, 07:26:40 PM »

"Batman vs. Two-Face" (2017)
This sequel to the successful "Batman & Robin: Return of the Caped Crusaders" animated movie is another campy-cool cartoon treat for fans of the '60s "Batman" TV show. Adam West and Burt Ward reunite one last time to provide the voices of the Dynamic Duo, untangling a series of crimes masterminded by the evil Two-Face, who's voiced by William Shatner. The always-welcome Julie Newmar drops in to provide Catwoman's voice too. Tons of tongue-in-cheek Bat-fun, but it's also a bit of a bummer because this is the last time we'll ever see Adam West's name on a Bat-Project.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10978 on: March 18, 2018, 07:58:34 PM »

JACKALS (2017) - Set in the 1980's - a family hires an ex-Marine de-programmer to rescue their son from a malevolent cult he joined.  Unfortunately, the cultists know where the cabin is that they are taking the young man to, and they come to reclaim their convert - by force.  This is a brutal, violent film from start to finish, and (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER) the bad guys win.  Well done, but very depressing.  4/5

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10979 on: March 19, 2018, 07:13:36 PM »

BABY DRIVER (2017) - OK, I don't even like racing movies, but this fast-paced action flick about a young man nicknamed "Baby" who drives getaway cars for bank heists sucked me in from the first chase scene.  Kevin Spacey plays a strong supporting role in this last film before his ostracism in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.  He is the mastermind in a suit who plans these robberies, hires the thugs to carry them out, and uses "Baby" to get them away from the cops, every time.   Just a very fun, strong film overall.  Lily James is great as the obligatory love interest for the young protagonist.  This one was definitely worth the rental.

Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.