Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:49:16 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110030 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10980 on: March 20, 2018, 09:15:10 AM »

THE HYPOTHESIS OF THE STOLEN PAINTING (1978): The "Collector" takes us through a series of paintings by the fictional painter Tonnerre, recreating them with live actors and interpreting them as he walks through them---but his efforts are frustrated, because one of the paintings was stolen. Raoul Ruiz's reflexive masterpiece is a Surrealist-inspired parody of art criticism, specifically the notion that art can be reduced to "meaning." 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10981 on: March 21, 2018, 09:54:53 AM »

this gun for hire - the plot isn't super strong but the dialogue is very good. Veronica Lake is her usual charming self and she pretty much carries it. second tier but very watcheable
4/5

Naked City - stronger plot, and a different sort of format from the usual noir where there drama is turned down a bit to display the life of cops and their office interactions and jokes and so forth. Filming it all in New York City instead of a sound stage was an excellent choice
5/5

this gun for hire is a little more "adult" and in some ways better actually
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:58:05 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10982 on: March 22, 2018, 08:57:26 AM »

BLIND BEAST (1969): A blind sculptor kidnaps a model and imprisons her in his studio. It plays with Oedipal and sadomasochistic themes but is only psychologically deep by pink movie standards; still, it has moments of great tension and eroticism, and the studio walls lined with body parts in relief create one of the greatest bizarro sets since THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI. 3.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10983 on: March 23, 2018, 10:04:35 AM »

"Coneheads" (1993)

"CONSUME MASS QUANTITIES!"
Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin reprise their classic "SNL" roles as pointy-skulled aliens Beldar and Prymaat, who find themselves stranded after their spaceship crashes on Earth. Forced to adapt to Earth society, they start a family and settle in the New Jersey suburbs ("We are from France"), until their peaceful existence is threatened by an Immigration agent (Michael "Spinal Tap" McKean) determined to send them back where they came from.

This silly, quotable slapstick sci-fi is one of the better SNL-to-movie translations. Sharp eyed fans will have fun catching the countless cameos by "SNL" stars past & present and other comedy biggies incl. Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, Chris Farley, Kevin Nealon, David Spade, Adam Sandler, Phil Hartman, Ellen DeGeneres, Michael "Kramer" Richards, Jason Alexander, and more.

(P.S. as a proud former resident of Beldar & Prymaat's adopted home town of Paramus, New Jersey, I must point out in the interest of accuracy that Paramus High School does not have a swimming pool, therefore PHS has no swim team for daughter "Connie" to join, as shown in this film.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:40:53 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10984 on: March 23, 2018, 01:26:17 PM »

"Coneheads" (1993)

"CONSUME MASS QUANTITIES!"
Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin reprise their classic "SNL" roles as pointy-skulled aliens Beldar and Prymaat, who find themselves stranded after their spaceship crashes on Earth. Forced to adapt to Earth society, they start a family and settle in the New Jersey suburbs ("We are from France"), until their peaceful existence is threatened by an Immigration agent (Michael "Spinal Tap" McKean) determined to send them back where they came from.

This silly, quotable slapstick sci-fi is one of the better SNL-to-movie translations. Sharp eyed fans will have fun catching the countless cameos by "SNL" stars past & present and other comedy biggies incl. Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, Chris Farley, Kevin Nealon, David Spade, Adam Sandler, Phil Hartman, Ellen DeGeneres, Michael "Kramer" Richards, Jason Alexander, and more.

(P.S. as a proud former resident of Beldar & Prymaat's adopted home town of Paramus, New Jersey, I must point out in the interest of accuracy that Paramus High School does not have a swimming pool, therefore PHS has no swim team for daughter "Connie" to join, as shown in this film.)

I JUST made fun of this movie on my FB page. "Roku is offering me the chance to watch 'The Coneheads' for free. Maybe when the price goes down..." Glad you like it, though.  TeddyR

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10985 on: March 23, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »

I JUST made fun of this movie on my FB page. "Roku is offering me the chance to watch 'The Coneheads' for free. Maybe when the price goes down..." Glad you like it, though.  TeddyR

Haha! Roku Channel is where I watched it. Couldn't resist. I'm a Dan Aykroyd fanboy. :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
316zombie
« Reply #10986 on: March 23, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »

just watched the scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse. freaking HYSTERICAL, i LOVED it! those are some LIMBER zombies, lol! and i loved the zombie kittehs too!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10987 on: March 24, 2018, 08:53:32 AM »

FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND (Rifftrax): Four hot air balloonists crash land on an island inhabited by young ladies in leopard skin bikinis (who may be aliens?), Frankenstein's granddaughter, Cameron Mitchell, and the head of John Carradine. Totally incoherent mess that drew me in because it made less and less sense the more it explained; in fact, I wanted the commentary to stop so I could hear the dialogue better and get the undiluted Jerry Warren goodness. 3.5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10988 on: March 24, 2018, 06:22:08 PM »

Frozen (2010) - not the screeching songed Disney cartoon, but a thriller about 3 mediocre actors stuck on a ski lift after hours. frostbite and wolven beasties menace them in their/ our suspended chair. features a cameo from "no one had a phone?" 3.5 /5
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10989 on: March 28, 2018, 08:34:01 PM »

holy Motors - interesting rev powell type movie about an ugly guy who we see doing different bizarre acting jobs. there are no cameras and the movies they seem to be making range from dramatic to insane. I culd have done without the nude scene but pretty cool and different

3.75 /5
dean

« Reply #10990 on: March 29, 2018, 04:52:01 AM »

holy Motors - interesting rev powell type movie about an ugly guy who we see doing different bizarre acting jobs. there are no cameras and the movies they seem to be making range from dramatic to insane. I culd have done without the nude scene but pretty cool and different

3.75 /5

I like that rev powell type movie is becoming a genre here

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10991 on: March 29, 2018, 06:26:59 AM »

THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)  I finally saw this over the weekend and liked it quite well.  Like all del Toro's movies, it has a fairy tale like quality combined with some pretty strong violent contents - and, unlike most of the other films of his I've seen, this one had a pretty strong sexual element in the woman/fish man romance.  Beautifully done, but definitely not for kids! 5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10992 on: March 29, 2018, 07:43:39 AM »

3.75 /5

I like that rev powell type movie is becoming a genre here

Funny enough, I didn't like this one as much as other people did.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10993 on: March 29, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »

the scene where he walked through the cemetery eating the flowers was good. I lke that they had the scenes be unpredictable instead of just having him going in to liek a comedy or a action movie.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10994 on: March 29, 2018, 01:06:40 PM »

the scene where he walked through the cemetery eating the flowers was good. I lke that they had the scenes be unpredictable instead of just having him going in to liek a comedy or a action movie.

If you like that, look up TOKYO!, where the character (Merde) appears for the first time. I actually liked him better in TOKYO!

Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.