Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:28:38 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100706 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11115 on: July 01, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »

CARGO (2017)  Martin Freeman (THE HOBBIT trilogy, SHERLOCK) plays a father trying to protect his baby daughter in post-zombie apocalypse Australia.  He has 72 hours from the time he is bitten before he transforms; he must evade those who have already turned while trying to find uninfected people who are willing to take on his child.  More drama than horror; this is a well done film with some genuinely creepy moments.

This is based off a short and is one of those instances where they are actually both quite good. If you're a parent there's probably a bit more 'ick' factor here, as there aren't too many scares but it's a pretty decent movie which I enjoyed. Got the usual 'show a lot of the barren landscape in wide shots' that a lot of Australian cinema really loves to throw in there.

Only unrealistic part of the movie is the fact that there are so many people around and that you could walk anywhere in 48 hours and find them in that part of the world.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11116 on: July 04, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »

"Stunt Squad" (1977)
! No longer available Small | Large

A ruthless criminal syndicate holds an Italian city in a grip of terror, till a tough police inspector forms the "Stunt Squad" - an elite unit of motorcycle ridin', straight-shootin' cops who are allowed to use any means necessary to bring law & order to the streets.
So yeah, this is yet another entertainingly schlocky "polizotteschi" flick, full of dudes with rad '70s mustaches, lots of gun battles, frequent vehicle chases/crashes/explosions, and occasional splashes of cheesy gore. These movies are like potato chips, you can't watch just one! :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11117 on: July 07, 2018, 10:24:14 PM »

SACRIFICE (2016)  Rhada Mitchell (SILENT HILL) plays Dr. Tora Hamilton, an American medical doctor who moves with her husband to the Shetland Islands after suffering her third miscarriage.  While digging on her new farm property, she discovers a "bog body" - a young woman, perfectly preserved, with strange runes carved into her back.  While local authorities dismiss the find as a Neolithic sacrificial victim, Tora believes the remains are far more recent.  When her suspicions are confirmed, she begins to uncover a sinister conspiracy involving the island's leading citizens - among them her own father-in-law.  Predictable but well done, this was a fun mystery/suspense story to while away the evening with.  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11118 on: July 08, 2018, 12:09:18 PM »

The Incredibly Strange Creatures - A trio of friends goes to an amusement park and stumble upon a fortune teller. One of the friends, Jerry,  scoffs at the fortunate teller, so she has her sister to hypnotize him via staring. Jerry goes to the fortunate teller's sister's performance and gets invited backstage, where he is then hypnotized to be a slasher. Oh and it's supposed to be a musical, but that element is fillef. The movie is crap, highly recommended. 1/5

Pink Flamingos - A couple is jealous of a drag queen being crowned as the filthiest person alive. A supposed shock humor exploitation film that is disgusting is just that, though I wasn't bothered by it since being disgusted at something that was written for that response is miles better than being bored to death.

yeah no.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11119 on: July 09, 2018, 10:02:39 AM »

Not exactly a "movie," but yesterday I watched a countdown show on Amazon Prime called "The 50 Best Horror Movies You've Never Seen" (hosted by P.J. Soles of "Halloween/Rock N Roll High School" fame)... and of course I was sitting there like "Seen it. Seen that. Seen that too. Yup."  TeddyR

By the end of it I hadn't seen all 50 of their picks, but at least 2/3 of them.

I also had to pick a bone with certain selections, like "Halloween III," "Motel Hell," or the original "Silent Night, Deadly Night"... I would think pretty much any horror movie fan has seen all of those at least once (or in my case, more than once, haha).

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11120 on: July 09, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »

I tried to watch "blood glacier" but couldn't finish it due to terrible dubbing, terrible science and something bad was going to happen to a dog.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11121 on: July 10, 2018, 10:03:21 AM »

"The Return of the Living Dead" (1985)

Two dorky warehouse workers accidentally release a toxic chemical that re-animates corpses, leading to an invasion of brain-eating zombies from the local cemetery. Hilarity ensues. 

This action packed, tongue-in-cheek parody of the zombie genre features a great cast, delightfully gross makeup and gore effects, and a punk rockin' soundtrack. This flick is so "80s" it hurts!

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11122 on: July 10, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »

"The Return of the Living Dead" (1985)

Two dorky warehouse workers accidentally release a toxic chemical that re-animates corpses, leading to an invasion of brain-eating zombies from the local cemetery. Hilarity ensues. 

This action packed, tongue-in-cheek parody of the zombie genre features a great cast, delightfully gross makeup and gore effects, and a punk rockin' soundtrack. This flick is so "80s" it hurts!

The punk chick doing the strip dance didn't hurt either...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11123 on: July 12, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »

"Batman and Harley Quinn" (2017)

Batman and Nightwing grudgingly enlist Harley Quinn -- who's been trying half-heartedly to go straight -- to help them stop an apocalyptic plot by her former BFF Poison Ivy in this entertaining cartoon flick. This fast, funny team-up is a throwback to the style and feel of the classic early '90s Batman animated series (though this flick's PG-13 rating allows for a few risque gags that the old show wouldn't have gotten away with!), and is thankfully far less grim than the last few DC Animated Universe installments I've seen. Cool fanboy stuff.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11124 on: July 15, 2018, 11:34:39 AM »

Fun in Balloonland
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1577811/
A 52 minute flick that has a 15 minute story about a b oy going to Balloonland, a place that has "talking" balloons. It's incredibly shocking at how bad it is, but remember that the story is 15 minutes long. Over 30 minutes of the film is a narrator commenting on a balloon parade, nothing to do with Balloonland. Make matters even more awkward the narrator, a woman, sounds like she has a few orgasms while talking about some balloons. I'm not exaggerating, she sounds like she has a balloon fetish and maybe have a sex toy with her and is using it while looking at the parade balloons.  There are many things wrong with it, starting with the opening song to the closing song. If Andrew were to review it he would probably give it a double skull rating, that's how bad it really is.

yeah no.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11125 on: July 15, 2018, 05:55:53 PM »

Lazy Sunday double feature:

"Justice League Dark" (2017)

A series of violent deaths seem to be caused by magic, so Batman enlists some of the DC universe's supernatural anti-heroes like John Constantine, Zatanna, The Demon, Deadman, and Swamp Thing to help solve the mystery. The usual blasting, zapping and ultra-violence ensues.
Nicely animated as usual, and it's nice to see some different characters getting to play in one of these DC 'toon movies for a change, instead of the usual Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman triad.

"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" (1984)

The heroic Buckaroo Banzai - a neurosurgeon, rock n roll star, adventurer and all around awesome dude - has to save Earth from destruction by inter-dimensional aliens in this utterly bizarre cult sci-fi/action comedy.
The last time I saw "B.B." was in the late '80s and after all these years, I remembered next to nothing about it except for a vague feeling that it didn't make much sense. Re-visiting it today... it still doesn't. "Buckaroo" has a great cast incl. Peter "RoboCop" Weller, John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Jeff Goldblum, and more) but it feels like it was made up as it went along. I guess this is one of those movies that you either "get" or you don't, and I don't. (shrugs)

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11126 on: July 15, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »

AMERICAN MADE (2017) Tom Cruise stars as Barry Seal, a daredevil pilot who flew arms to the Contras, drugs for the Medellin cartel, and guerilla fighters for the CIA.  It's a fun movie, but it also is clearly designed as a slam against Republicans, American foreign policy, Ronald Reagan, the war on drugs, and the efforts to keep Russia from setting up puppet regimes in South America during the cold war.  In short, this movie took one jab after another at causes and people I believed in and supported.  It's a measure of the film's quality that I still enjoyed watching it; it's a measure of its bias that I am a bit p**sed off about it after the fact! LOL  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
dean

« Reply #11127 on: July 16, 2018, 02:08:54 AM »

Marrowbone:

A fairly decent character based thriller/horror directed by the writer of personal favourite 'The Orphanage.' It tries to be sneakier and scarier than it actually is and probably could have used a finesse in the third act but I found it pretty well put together overall. A nice under the radar pick for those who like their horror more on the arty side.

3.5/5

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11128 on: July 21, 2018, 09:46:26 AM »

RAMPAGE (2018) - I missed this one in the theater but finally got to see it last night.  Great popcorn flick with Dwayne Johnson trying to stop a giant Gorilla named George, plus a giant wolf and a giant mutated alligator, from destroying Chicago.  Pure silly fun with another great performance by The Rock. 4/5

A QUIET PLACE (2018) A brilliant horror/sci-fi film following the adventures of a family as they try to maintain a normal existence in a world taken over by monstrous predators that hunt by sound - but how can you silently have a baby?  This one worked for me on all levels; highly recommended! 5/5

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11129 on: July 21, 2018, 06:03:37 PM »

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" (2017)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmpUh7U7Sq
As DC's teen heroes plunge into battle against Deathstroke and crazed religious cult leader Brother Blood, they learn that they have a traitor within their own ranks. This animated adaptation of the classic Marv Wolfman/George Perez epic (one of the best comic books of the '80s IMO) has been updated from its '80s origins to fit current DC continuity, so some of the faces and characters have changed from the story I remember, but it's still a fun, action packed 'toon with plenty of the usual animated ultra-violence and cool voice casting (incl. the late Miguel Ferrer making his final film appearance voicing Deathstroke, and Christina Ricci as Raven!).

"Amityville II: The Possession" (1982)

Another ill-fated family moves into the infamous house on Ocean Avenue and soon their teenage son is hearing demonic voices that inspire him to put the moves on his own sister (yuck!) and eventually commit all-family homicide.  
This sequel is actually sort of a semi-"prequel," as it's basically a very loose adaptation (with plenty of supernatural embellishments) of the real-life murders of the DeFeo family who occupied the house prior to the Lutz family moving in. As an added bonus, the movie turns into a pretty decent ripoff of "The Exorcist" in the last 20 minutes, as the family's priest struggles to save the boy's soul before he gets the electric chair. "Amityville II" is nastier, more mean-spirited and way sleazier than the original film, and as a result it's the best movie of the whole damn franchise!

Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.