Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:20:18 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100743 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11235 on: November 15, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »

DAGON (2001): A boating accident strands a couple on an island where the locals worship the sea monster god Dagon. The Stuart Gordon/Brian Yuzna team turns out some pretty good (and occasionally great) Lovecraft adaptations, but bland protagonists, iffy effects, and a predictable plot make this one smelly fish tale. I just couldn't get into it at all. A generous 2/5.

Did you manage to make out anything the old drunk was saying?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11236 on: November 17, 2018, 08:47:49 PM »

"The Terminator" (1984)
A cyborg assassin from the future lands in L.A. circa 1984 and attempts to rub out the woman who will someday give birth to the leader of the human resistance. Lotsa stuff gets shot, blown up and pulverized in this classic sci-fi shoot'em up that made Arnold Schwarzenegger an A-list action star and jump started the directing career of James "Titanic" Cameron. The Terminator saga has been diluted by all of the useless sequels but the original never gets old.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11237 on: November 18, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »

"Turkey Shoot" (aka "Escape 2000," 1982)
Inmates at a dystopian prison camp can win their freedom by taking part in a "game" where they're hunted by a group of rich-and-powerful types. If they can survive till sundown, they're free to go. What could possibly go wrong?
This Aussie b-movie is an ultra-violent, action packed, occasionally bizarre mix of sci-fi and shoot'em up, with a great cast and some occasional splashy gore. A fun slab of Ozploitation cheese!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11238 on: November 18, 2018, 11:21:44 PM »

MANDY (2018)  This may possibly be the weirdest movie Nick Cage has ever starred in, and that's saying something.
Still trying to decided if I liked it or not, but my initial reaction is more "What the heck did I just watch?" than "Man, that was good!"
Very long set up and very weird payoff.  I'll let you know in a couple of days if I liked it or not.  3/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11239 on: November 19, 2018, 05:18:55 AM »

DAGON (2001): A boating accident strands a couple on an island where the locals worship the sea monster god Dagon. The Stuart Gordon/Brian Yuzna team turns out some pretty good (and occasionally great) Lovecraft adaptations, but bland protagonists, iffy effects, and a predictable plot make this one smelly fish tale. I just couldn't get into it at all. A generous 2/5.

You should read "the shadow over innsmouth",  the story by master H. P. Lovecraft that was bastardized into that movie.  It will give you a whole new level of  hatred for it.

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/soi.aspx

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11240 on: November 19, 2018, 05:23:12 AM »

MANDY (2018)  This may possibly be the weirdest movie Nick Cage has ever starred in, and that's saying something.
Still trying to decided if I liked it or not, but my initial reaction is more "What the heck did I just watch?" than "Man, that was good!"
Very long set up and very weird payoff.  I'll let you know in a couple of days if I liked it or not.  3/5

Carpe DM!  Seize the Dungeon Master!

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11241 on: November 20, 2018, 09:01:59 AM »

I thought Indy wouldn't be into MANDY... not as bad a reaction as I feared, though. I still highly recommend it.

SNOWFLAKE (2017): A pair of Turkish criminals discover they're characters in an amateur movie script, and try to force the author to rewrite it while dodging hit men, a superhero, an angel, an underground fascist leader, and a madman who might be God. Got to love the go-for-broke screenplay that's best described as Charlie Kaufman writes a movie for Quentin Tarantino; I wish this one had a bigger budget so they could have upgraded the actors and effects and gotten real distribution. Probably will be hard to find, but look for it on VOD. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11242 on: November 20, 2018, 10:34:50 AM »

the Lon Chaney one where he is a foot knife thrower in the circus. 5/5

The UNKNOWN (1927)
Also starred Joan Crawford!  Great film!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #11243 on: November 20, 2018, 05:07:14 PM »

The Mad Doctor Of Blood Island(1969)
A Fistful Of Dollars(1964)
Who Done It?(1942)
Varan the Unbelievable(1958)
The Mutations(1974)
Animal House(1978)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11244 on: November 20, 2018, 07:25:18 PM »

The Mad Doctor Of Blood Island(1969)
A Fistful Of Dollars(1964)
Who Done It?(1942)
Varan the Unbelievable(1958)
The Mutations(1974)
Animal House(1978)

The best 2 movies of that bunch for me would be the MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND and a FISTFUL OF DOLLARS!

I rewatched-
. HILLBILLYS IN A HAUNTED HOUSE (1967)
But I had the radio loud and I was drunk.
Best way to watch it!  Drink
And yes, I was alone while I did it.   Bluesad
Gawd, such a rotton film. No redeeming values whatsoever.
It's like swallowing the emotion 'despair' and puking up 'pain' and 'madness.'
It's like being force feed raw, decaying fish from a beach overrun by seagulls s**tting all over it.
It's like-

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:12:53 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11245 on: November 21, 2018, 07:19:04 AM »

Day Off Double Feature:
"Eaten Alive!" (1976)
A hillbilly motel owner murders his annoying lowlife guests and feeds them to his pet alligator in the swamp out back. Yup, some real high concept stuff here. :D
Tobe Hooper's follow up to "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is a weird, gory Southern Gothic mesh of "TCM" and "Psycho." It's not a great flick by any means but it's a watchable slice of 70s sleaze. Watch for a young Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund in a supporting role.

"Tomb Invader" (2018)
Two-fisted lady archaeologist Alabama Channing (yes, really) jumps aboard an expedition to China (which looks suspiciously like a Southern California forest) to recover the priceless ancient artifact that her mother died trying to find 20 years prior. Cue the angry natives, falling rocks, poison darts, and other booby traps!
In case the title didn't give it away, this is The Asylum's cheese-and-crackers budget knock off of the recent "Tomb Raider" reboot, though it obviously borrows from the Indiana Jones saga as well. By Asylum standards, it wasn't bad, but of course that's still a long way from being actually "good."

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11246 on: November 21, 2018, 07:30:53 AM »

Day Off Double Feature:
"Eaten Alive!" (1976)
A hillbilly motel owner murders his annoying lowlife guests and feeds them to his pet alligator in the swamp out back. Yup, some real high concept stuff here. :D
Tobe Hooper's follow up to "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is a weird, gory Southern Gothic mesh of "TCM" and "Psycho." It's not a great flick by any means but it's a watchable slice of 70s sleaze. Watch for a young Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund in a supporting role.

I love this movie. Not one redeeming person in the whole bloody mess.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11247 on: November 22, 2018, 12:01:55 PM »

NIGHT IS SHORT, WALK ON GIRL (2017): Shy, lovestruck Senpai follows peppy schoolgirl Otome from afar over an almost endless surreal night that includes philosophical drinking contests, fire-eating contests, an encounter with the God of Used Books, a peripatetic musical theater, and a cold epidemic. Someone must have spiked the brandy with mescaline in this hallucinatory anime romantic comedy. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11248 on: November 22, 2018, 12:06:37 PM »

I love this movie. Not one redeeming person in the whole bloody mess.  Thumbup

I kept waiting for the alligator to eat the little girl who was hiding underneath the house. Does that make me a bad person? :D

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11249 on: November 22, 2018, 12:33:28 PM »

VICTOR CROWLEY (2017)
    A ten year anniversary tribute to the slasher hit HATCHET, this movie brings the sole survivor of Victor Crowley's rampage back to Honey Grove Swamp for a return engagement with the undead mutant serial killer.  Asked to come back to visit the swamp as part of his book tour, Anthony Yong is traveling on a private jet that crashes in the swamp just as a group of inept film makers recite the voodoo curse that brought Crowley back from the dead to begin with, and butchery ensues.  Over the top kills, bad dialogue, and gratuitous nudity (seriously, I have heard of girls asking for someone to autograph their breasts, but what guy asks a male author to autograph his JUNK???) make this another bad movie treat for the B-movie afficienados that make up this forum! 4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.