Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:12:26 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101127 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11325 on: January 14, 2019, 10:29:09 PM »

"Ghost Ship" (2002) 

A salvage crew boards a long-lost luxury liner that vanished 40 years previously... and one by one, they discover the rusty hulk is home to a supernatural force that won't let them leave. I've seen this underrated modern-horror flick several times over the years and have always enjoyed its creepy-cool back story, spooky set design, and gory death scenes. Cool stuff.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11326 on: January 15, 2019, 08:36:24 AM »

Cold Skin. In 1914 a young man takes up a post as a weather observer on a distant island. His only company is the lighthouse keeper who seems to wonder about mostly naked. He becomes aware however that there are other things living on the island. The two men wage a lonely war against the apparently hostile creatures on the edge of the world. Who are the real monsters though?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11327 on: January 15, 2019, 06:25:26 PM »

Cold Skin. In 1914 a young man takes up a post as a weather observer on a distant island. His only company is the lighthouse keeper who seems to wonder about mostly naked. He becomes aware however that there are other things living on the island. The two men wage a lonely war against the apparently hostile creatures on the edge of the world. Who are the real monsters though?

This sounds interesting.  When was it made?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11328 on: January 15, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »

This sounds interesting.  When was it made?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11329 on: January 15, 2019, 10:44:51 PM »

"Silver Bullet" (1985)
A wheelchair-bound teen (Corey Haim) and his big sister set a trap for the werewolf that's been terrorizing their small town, with some help from their favorite drunk Uncle (Gary Busey).
A fun, tongue-in cheek horror flick based on the Stephen King novella "Cycle of the Werewolf," it's not a top drawer King adaptation but it's good gory '80s style fun.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11330 on: January 20, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »

Cold and snowy today so the wife and I had a "Stay Inside & Watch Movies" marathon thanks to TUBI-TV. Been a while since I've seen this many flicks in one day...

"Don't F*** In The Woods" (2016)
Seriously, how can you pass up a movie with a title like THAT? Unfortunately, it's the best thing about this micro-budget, shot on video horror flick about a group of annoying twenty-somethings who go on a camping trip and then get killed off by a creature who apparently doesn't like the sound of uglies bumpin'. Yep, real high concept stuff.
If watching a bunch of skeezy, pierced & tattooed non-actors performing in the least sexy sex scenes ever filmed before their cheap, gory death scenes sounds like your deal, go nuts. I think I've had about enough of these "GoFundMe" horror movies.

"Bunni" (2013)
Continuing down the sh**ty shot-on-video horror rabbit hole (pun intended)...
A group of revelers on their way home from a Halloween party decide to break into an abandoned costume shop, and learn that the old place is home to a lady slasher in a Playboy bunny outfit who's not fond of trespassers.
...yes, seriously.
Once again, nobody in this movie can act worth a spit, but the gore is gloriously cheap sickness and the girls are nice to look at, which puts this flick a few notches above "Don't F*** In The Woods," even though that's faint praise.

"Suburban Gothic" (2014)
A slacker with a budding interest in the paranormal is forced to move back into his parents' home, just in time to help unravel a supernatural mystery occurring at the ol' homestead. This quirky horror/fantasy comedy is kinda like a low-rent mashup of "Beetlejuice" and "The Frighteners," it's not great but it had a few good laughs and mainly gets by thanks to the charm of its two leads, Matthew Gray Gubler of "Criminal Minds" and Kat Dennings of "Two Broke Girls."

"The Cabin In The Woods" (2012)
Five twenty-somethings on a weekend outing in the middle of nowhere accidentally awaken an ancient evil. Sounds familiar, but little do they know everything that's happening to them is being controlled from behind the scenes, as part of something even bigger. Joss "Buffy" Whedon co-wrote this cult horror/sci-fi hit that takes all of the cliches' of horror films and puts them through the wringer to create something entertaining, weird and original. Recommended.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11331 on: January 21, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »

"Solo: A Star Wars Story" (2018)
Alden Ehrenreich (who?) stars as young Han Solo in the beloved smuggler's "origin story," which takes us back to his days as a struggling young hustler and wanna-be outlaw who hooks up with a more experienced thief (Woody Harrelson) for a dangerous job involving some very bad people. Along the way, he meets his future co-pilot Chewie for the first time and gains ownership of the Millennium Falcon from his fellow pirate Lando Calrissian, along with plenty of high speed space battles, fist fights and impressive action sequences.
"Solo" had a troubled production (the original directors were fired halfway through filming and Ron Howard was brought in to "fix" the movie) and under-performed at the box office, which has threatened the future of the "Star Wars Story" adventures. That's a shame, because I thought this flick was great fun and I would have liked to see more stand-alone films like this one.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11332 on: January 23, 2019, 10:33:45 AM »

A GREAT LAMP (2019): Stories involving three disaffected young men: one has quit his insurance job but pretends to go to work to avoid disappointing his father, one wears a skirt and posts flyers with pictures of his dead mother, and the last is a troubled but childlike fellow who is eagerly awaiting a rocket launch. An experimental series of sometime dreamlike vignettes about good-hearted outsiders, incorporating animation and fantasy; some of the individual scenes work well, but I can't quite figure out if the filmmakers overthought or underthought the project as a whole. 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11333 on: January 24, 2019, 09:44:00 AM »

GREEN BOOK: A crude Italian-American bouncer hires on to chauffeur an educated black musical prodigy through a tour of the deep south in 1962. Predictable as hell, but if you think of it as an odd couple road trip rather than a clumsy tolerance parable, you can enjoy the great comic chemistry between Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali. 3/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11334 on: January 26, 2019, 05:08:08 PM »

"Lone Wolf McQuade" (1983)
Chuck Norris is a bad-ass Texas Ranger sworn to bring down a slimy arms dealer (David Carradine) who's been hijacking military weapons shipments and selling the goods to terrorists. As you might expect, lots of butts are kicked and stuff blows up frequently.
...so in other words, this was basically the ultra-violent pilot episode to "Walker, Texas Ranger," made ten years early. :D Strangely, this was my first ever viewing of this flick; I think for a long time I had it confused with "Silent Rage," which I have seen. 

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11335 on: January 26, 2019, 05:15:45 PM »

"Lone Wolf McQuade" (1983)
Chuck Norris is a bad-ass Texas Ranger sworn to bring down a slimy arms dealer (David Carradine) who's been hijacking military weapons shipments and selling the goods to terrorists. As you might expect, lots of butts are kicked and stuff blows up frequently.
...so in other words, this was basically the ultra-violent pilot episode to "Walker, Texas Ranger," made ten years early. :D Strangely, this was my first ever viewing of this flick; I think for a long time I had it confused with "Silent Rage," which I have seen. 

You do know it is a law in every country in the world that when watching Chuck Norris movies, you must down a shot every time he does a roundhouse kick don't you?

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11336 on: January 27, 2019, 11:14:46 AM »

"House" (2008)
Not to be confused with the '80s horror classic "House" or the '70s Japanese flick "Hausu" (aka "House"), this flick is about a pair of squabbling couples who find themselves trapped at a back-woods bed & breakfast one stormy night after a traffic accident. They think they've found a safe haven but as they poke around the creepy ol' place they eventually learn that it's home to a supernatural evil that (of course) has nefarious plans for them all.
This flick started off promising, but began losing steam about half way thru and completely fell apart in the last quarter. It's got a few decent creepy moments and decent performances by horror mainstay Bill "Chop Top" Mosely and the always-welcome Michael Madsen, though, so I've sat thru worse.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11337 on: January 27, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »

THE VAST OF NIGHT (2019): In 1950s New Mexico, a teenage radio DJ and his switchboard operator girlfriend hear and broadcast weird noises coming from space. Well-acted and done with some style, but for a "Twilight Zone"-inspired story it's way too talky, and ultimately lacks a real sense of mystery and wonder. A generous 2/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11338 on: January 28, 2019, 10:24:22 AM »

BRAID (2018): Two girls scheme to steal from their rich, but psychotic, old friend, but doing so requires them to go along with her fantasies: "the Game." Starts out as a trashy, slightly trippy B-movie horror thriller, takes a mildly mindbending turn in the final act. 2.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11339 on: February 01, 2019, 06:59:06 AM »

"Joan Jett: Bad Reputation" (2018)
Cool documentary covering the highs and lows of Joan Jett's storied career. Clips and interviews examine her humble beginnings with the Runaways in the 70s, the global superstardom as a solo artist in the 80s, her impact on the "riot grrl" movement in the 90s, and caps things off with her well deserved induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in the 2000s. No matter what decade it is, JJ is still badass.

Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.