Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:58:33 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100998 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11355 on: February 15, 2019, 10:29:30 AM »

FIRST MAN (2018): Biopic about Neil Armstrong, alternating between his domestic life and his work on the Gemini missions that eventually landed him on the moon. There are moments of tension and drama, but overall it's as stoic and sedate as its subject. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11356 on: February 15, 2019, 12:44:05 PM »

My neighbors opening up a can of whoop ass on some random people: I have to move sometime  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11357 on: February 15, 2019, 03:42:53 PM »

My neighbors opening up a can of whoop ass on some random people: I have to move sometime  Buggedout

You recently viewed this?  Wink

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11358 on: February 15, 2019, 09:18:57 PM »

SUSPIRIA (2018)  OK, I don't always "get" Dario Argento's movies, and the 70's classic by this title was no exception.  The remake, also directed by Argento, is a little easier to follow.  An American dancer comes to Berlin to enroll in an exclusive dance school where students have a way of occasionally disappearing. Set in the 70's, this is a moody, atmospheric, and very creepy film that I thoroughly enjoyed.  (4.5/5)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11359 on: February 15, 2019, 11:31:23 PM »

^^ I don't think Argento directed the Suspiria remake -- in fact, I read recently that he wasn't very fond of it...

On topic:
"The Big Racket" (1976) 

A ruthless protection ring holds an Italian city in a grip of terror, until a two-fisted police inspector (Fabio Testi) goes outside the law and organizes a vigilante squad to take on the bad guys on their own turf. This gritty "polizzioteschi" flick takes a while to get going, but the last half is pretty much non stop sleaze and ultra-violence, therefore I was entertained.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11360 on: February 16, 2019, 09:30:19 AM »

The SUSPIRIA remake was directed by Luca Guadagnino, an art house director who never made a horror movie before. I liked it, but not as much as the original. But it was the right way to do a remake---same basic story, completely different style.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11361 on: February 16, 2019, 10:10:48 AM »

The SUSPIRIA remake was directed by Luca Guadagnino, an art house director who never made a horror movie before. I liked it, but not as much as the original. But it was the right way to do a remake---same basic story, completely different style.

OK, I stand corrected - I guess what threw me off is that they referred to it as a Dario Argento film in the credits.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11362 on: February 16, 2019, 12:58:43 PM »

the 6th Day (2000) - this looks a bit like total recall, but isn't as good... but is still pretty good. The directing and writing aren't stylish enough. They seem like they knew they had a good idea but were sheepish in carrying it out. I liked the concept though and the villain guy was seedily awesome. 4/ 5
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:04:23 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11363 on: February 16, 2019, 08:25:18 PM »

"Top Line" (aka "Alien Terminator," 1988)
Franco Nero is a down-on-his-luck historian/author who stumbles into the story of a lifetime - an ancient alien spacecraft crashed in the jungles of Colombia. However, some shadowy forces want the UFO to remain top secret, and soon they all come gunning for Franco and his lovely lady sidekick.
This Italian schlock fest is a pretty standard low rent riff on "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "Romancing The Stone" till about the three quarter mark, when it randomly throws in a cyborg assassin and a goo-spewing extraterrestrial out of nowhere.
Whatever it's trying to rip off, "Topline" (even the title makes no sense!) is cheap, dreadfully dull, and incomprehensible at times due to Nero's thick-as-Ragu accent.
AVOID!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11364 on: February 16, 2019, 08:54:05 PM »

You recently viewed this?  Wink

Yes indeed  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11365 on: February 17, 2019, 03:42:49 AM »

Winchester: Not sure why it was nominated for a Razzy. Seemed like a fairly standard horror to me, acting was fine, sets were good and so on.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11366 on: February 18, 2019, 07:08:03 AM »

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (1981)

Directed by the awesome John Carpenter, the movie take us to a futuristic dystopian New York city, now transformed into a big prison. Our antihero Snake is sent there to rescue the president with a very short time limit - his life depends on it.

I love Carpenter's movies and this one is no exception. It's very fun, action packed, and quite suspenseful. The director is certainly a master at creating destroyed and crazy societies, and you totally feel like you're visiting a strange and hostile place. Curt Russel is the definition of 80's coolness. Oh, and the music, also made by Carpenter, is amazing as always; his signature is written all over it.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11367 on: February 19, 2019, 11:03:21 AM »

THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX (2018): Scientists orbit the Earth attempting to use a particle accelerator to solve the world's energy crisis, but---oops!---accidentally open a portal to a parallel universe. I love the idea that each movie in the Cloverfield universe is made in a different style (I really want to see what they'll do with the romantic comedy CLOVERFIELD, I LOVE YOU), but I think the "confusing sci-fi B-movie with dodgy science" genre was a bad choice for this third entry. A generous 2/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11368 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29:01 AM »

VELVET BUZZSAW (2019): An ambitious assistant at an art dealership discovers a valuable cache of paintings by a previously unknown outsider artist, but everyone who tries to profit from them turns up dead. This art world satire slowly turns into a supernatural horror movie, but the melodramatic machinations of the backstabbing, pretentious critics, dealers and artists (including Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo, Toni Collette and John Malkovich) is the more interesting half; the two movie concepts don't connect as well as they could, but there's a lot of directorial style and enough drama and horror to keep you interested. 3.5/5.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11369 on: February 21, 2019, 11:31:21 PM »

VAMPYRES (2014) - This is a modern remake of the classic 70's vampsploitation pic.
Two lesbian vampires live in  a deserted house in the woods and lure unsuspecting travelers into their home, where they love them to death!
Beautifully filmed with attractive leads and copious amounts of nudity and gore, this one is a great homage to classic film, but has a unique flavor of its own.  The beautiful vampire lovers are gorgeous and sadistic, preying on their visitors without remorse and gleefully devouring them.  Really, an all around great B-movie with all of Joe Bob Brigg's "3 b's" on full display.  4.5/5

Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.