Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:45:16 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101081 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11370 on: February 22, 2019, 12:04:44 PM »

The Strangers: Prey at Night (2018) - no back story or very memorable scenes just a whole lot a chasin'. Christina Hendricks is practically wearing a burka which defeats the purpose of having her in the movie. 3.75/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11371 on: February 26, 2019, 07:20:07 AM »

"Halloween" (2018)
40 years after surviving Michael Myers' original killing spree, a still-traumatized Laurie Strode must protect her family when the serial killer escapes from the asylum and hunts her down.
...so essentially, this 21st century update of the classic horror series is "Terminator 2," with Laurie in the Sarah Conner role.
The flick didn't suck, but I wasn't as blown away by it as some seemed to be. There are some good gory kills and it was fun to pick out the many affectionate nods and references to past "Halloween" flicks, but overall it was unnecessary.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11372 on: February 26, 2019, 07:48:44 AM »

"Halloween" (2018)
40 years after surviving Michael Myers' original killing spree, a still-traumatized Laurie Strode must protect her family when the serial killer escapes from the asylum and hunts her down.
...so essentially, this 21st century update of the classic horror series is "Terminator 2," with Laurie in the Sarah Conner role.
The flick didn't suck, but I wasn't as blown away by it as some seemed to be. There are some good gory kills and it was fun to pick out the many affectionate nods and references to past "Halloween" flicks, but overall it was unnecessary.

I agree that it didn't suck but I had two issues with it: first, the film had no humor and secondly, I saw it on my own in the theatre. That last one sucked.  Thumbdown

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11373 on: February 26, 2019, 10:15:17 AM »

THE BLUES BROTHERS (1980)

"Jake Blues, just out from prison, puts together his old band to save the Catholic home where he and brother Elwood were raised."

Having watched The Blues Brothers 2000 many years ago and listening to the soundtrack in my car plenty of times, I decided to finally watch the original. I enjoyed it but in a different way: while it does have more funny moments and I think a lot more chemistry between Belushi and Aykroyd, I consider it inferior on the musical side. Both movies are awesome tho, and definitely a different experience from anything else. 4/5 stars!

Fun fact: this may be the only movie that I enjoyed which is considered a "musical". I hate those kind of movies with all my hearth, and as soon I found out one I'm about to watch is all sing and s**t, it gets instantly destroyed. All those Tim Burton stuff that everybody loves so much, well... I hate them, sorry.

You can add musicals to my list of "Things I Don't Get".  TongueOut

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11374 on: February 27, 2019, 11:07:22 PM »

TERROR AT BLOOD FART LAKE (2014) - A steaming heap of low budget cinematic dung.  Not even so bad it's good, just all the way around AWFUL.  With the production quality of FAMILY PROPERTY: BACKWOODS HILLBILLY MASSACRE, the crudity of THE BLOOD SHED, and the gore effects of SUBURBAN SASQUATCH, this is truly one of the worst films I have ever seen.  Spare yourselves, my brothers.  I took this one for the team, and my eyes are still bleeding.  Run . . .  while you still can!  it's too late for me, save yourselves!   -1/5  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Hatred Hatred Bluesad Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11375 on: February 28, 2019, 06:27:39 AM »

TERROR AT BLOOD FART LAKE (2014) - A steaming heap of low budget cinematic dung.  Not even so bad it's good, just all the way around AWFUL.  With the production quality of FAMILY PROPERTY: BACKWOODS HILLBILLY MASSACRE, the crudity of THE BLOOD SHED, and the gore effects of SUBURBAN SASQUATCH, this is truly one of the worst films I have ever seen.  Spare yourselves, my brothers.  I took this one for the team, and my eyes are still bleeding.  Run . . .  while you still can!  it's too late for me, save yourselves!   -1/5  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Hatred Hatred Bluesad Bluesad

Blast, I gotta see it, then! It also has an awesome title like WEASELS RIP MY FLESH, bad movies always have awesome titles.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11376 on: February 28, 2019, 06:40:38 AM »

TERROR AT BLOOD FART LAKE (2014) - A steaming heap of low budget cinematic dung.  Not even so bad it's good, just all the way around AWFUL.  With the production quality of FAMILY PROPERTY: BACKWOODS HILLBILLY MASSACRE, the crudity of THE BLOOD SHED, and the gore effects of SUBURBAN SASQUATCH, this is truly one of the worst films I have ever seen.  Spare yourselves, my brothers.  I took this one for the team, and my eyes are still bleeding.  Run . . .  while you still can!  it's too late for me, save yourselves!   -1/5  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Hatred Hatred Bluesad Bluesad

Dammit Indy, it's not april first yet. Couldn't you have waited?

Edit.  Good ghawd you weren't pulling our legs.... https://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/forgotten-classics-terror-at-blood-fart-lake/

Edit2. Aaaauuuuggghhhh!  Therewasasequel!!! https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/return_to_blood_fart_lake/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:48:45 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11377 on: February 28, 2019, 12:19:28 PM »

the walk out onto the pier brought back painful Marina Monster memories

Small | Large
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11378 on: February 28, 2019, 03:33:49 PM »

That TERROR AT BLOODFART LAKE looks awfully bad.  Lookingup  Uhm I was annoyed that I didn't get to see Hambone NOT live forever.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11379 on: February 28, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »

Howl: Surprisingly effective werewolf movie. A bunch of passengers on board a late night train are stranded when it hits something on the rails. One by one they are picked off. It 'stars' the annoying kid from Eragon but was still worth a watch. If I see this one on DVD I'll pick it up.

Dudes & Dragons: A host of familiar faces, some of which I could put names to, some I couldn't. A fun fantasy romp about some dysfunctional heroes out to save the day. The special effects vary in quality, although I wouldn't say they were ever terrible.

Dragon Hunters: By the numbers low budget fantasy film.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11380 on: March 02, 2019, 12:13:16 PM »

I've been severely slackin' on the movie watching of late, but it's a snowy weekend so let's git back in the trashy movie groove with...

"Blood Games" (1990)

A traveling all-girl baseball team (whose uniforms consist of Daisy Dukes and tiny cut off t-shirts) roll into a small town and proceed to beat the pants off the local-yokel beer league team. Naturally, the good ole boys don't take kindly to such humiliation from a bunch of wimmen folk, so they even the score by getting drunk and rapey on a couple of the gals. When they suffer a bus breakdown on their way out of town, the ladies have no choice but to take a stand and fight against the rednecks to get out alive.

...soooo, yeah, basically this direct-to-video oddity is a strange hybrid of "A League of Their Own" and "I Spit On Your Grave." It's kind of hilarious in a WTF, so-bad-it's-good sort of way, but this throwback to the icky "rape-revenge" exploitation sub-genre of the '70s would never fly in today's "me too" era, even though it was directed by a woman!

Fun fact: one of the film's alternate titles is "Baseball Bimbos in Hillbilly Hell," which I like  WAY better.  BounceGiggle

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11381 on: March 02, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »

"Light Blast" (1985)
A post-"C.H.i.P.S." Erik Estrada stars in this delightfully cheesy Italian action flick, as a tough Frisco cop on the trail of a mad scientist who's holding the city for ransom with a face-melting laser weapon. Lotsa car chases, shoot outs and ultra-violence, topped with a heavy layer of 80s sci-fi cheez. Tons o'fun!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11382 on: March 03, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »

"Halloween" (2007)
Rob Zombie attempts to recharge the aging horror franchise's batteries, with mixed results. This flick spends WAY too much time on Michael Myers' back story so that by the time he breaks out of the asylum and starts his Halloween night killing spree, the movie's already 3/4 over. The attempt to "humanize" Myers is an interesting idea, but I think I liked him better when he was an enigma, not a white trash kid with Mommy issues.
That said, it''s a well made film, the cast is great, and the violence is fabulously brutal, so your mileage may vary. I don't hate this one, but it's never fully clicked with me, either. This is "Halloween" for the Hot Topic crowd.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11383 on: March 03, 2019, 03:21:49 PM »

"Manhattan Baby" (1982)
An archaeologist is struck blind by a mysterious force while exploring an Egyptian tomb, and when he and his family return home to New York it appears that something sinister has hitched a ride on their young daughter as well.
Lucio Fulci of "Zombie" and "New York Ripper" fame directed this bizarro, ten-years-too-late "Rosemary's Baby" wanna-be, which seems to have been made up as it went along. The story's got more holes than Swiss cheese, the dialog and dubbing is typical Italian-horror gibberish, and it didn't even have any of Fulci's trademark extreme gore to keep me interested. My boy Lucio struck out big time with this one. AVOID.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11384 on: March 03, 2019, 08:02:00 PM »

STARFISH (2018): Aubrey is depressed. Her best friend dies, and then the end of the world arrives in the form of an invasion of alien monsters; fortunately, her deceased friend left behind a mixtape that will save the world. An art-house drama with surreal horror movie elements, STARFISH can be a bit mopey and lingering at times, but has a lot to recommend it in Virginia Gardner's performance and the ambitious evocation of apocalyptic loneliness. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.