Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:31 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100997 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11400 on: March 18, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »

Penumbra (2012) - the lead actress is very talented ,as you can see

and I did enjoy this but its tough to recommend. It's a wacky combination of alpha female as main character comedy and "Hereditary" type secret society horror. If this was an italian movie from the 70's it wold probably be hailed as a masterpiece, but by todays standards it juuuust barely misses. has its moments though and I did manage to get through it unlike most of the stuff I watch lately. The plot is crazy stuff happens during an eclipse

charitable 3.75 /5
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:21:23 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11401 on: March 18, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot. Just put this one on, I'll let you know how it goes. I did chortle at the swastika watch though.

More thoughtful and restrained than what I was expecting. Not a fun B-movie romp.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:12:50 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11402 on: March 19, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »

BIG LEGEND (2018)

Before I begin my commentary on this movie, I would like to insert a brief message to its makers:
BLOOD ISN'T ORANGE, YOU MORONS!!!

OK, other than that . . . this was a pretty good Bigfoot movie.  If WILLOW CREEK and EXISTS are, say, the 10 and 9 of Bigfoot movies, and SUBURBAN SASQUATCH is the 1, this one would be about a 7 or so.  The atrociously colored fake blood and a few odd plotholes here and there aside, it's a decent narrative, the monster is not too badly done, and the acting is OK.  Cameo by horror legend Lance Hendrickson at the end, and a tie in to a sequel coming up.  Overall, not too bad.  3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11403 on: March 20, 2019, 06:09:06 AM »

"Until The Light Takes Us" (2009)
An examination of the infamous Norwegian Black Metal crime wave of the early 90s, as seen through the eyes of some of the scene's major players like Fenriz (Darkthrone), Varg "Count Grishnackh" Vikernes (Burzum) and members of Mayhem, Emperor, and Satyricon. Even if you're not into black metal, these tales of murder, arson and the media fueled "Satanic Panic" that followed make for a bizarre but engrossing true-crime documentary.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11404 on: March 20, 2019, 12:00:02 PM »

Tales from the Darkside the movie -

remember this one? It had been decades since I watched it. Its divided into three sections with a wraparound/ tie together story with Debbie harry preparing to cook and eat a little kid a la Hansel and gretel

first one - steve buscemi , Christian Slater and an ancient mummy

2 - The one with the evil cat

3 - The one I remembered most: A guy sees a horrible gargoyle thing and is allowed to live is he never reveals what he's seen. He struggles with the secret espeically whether or not to tell Rae Don Chong, his hot new girlfriend

5/5 for sentimental reasons alone but it was quite entertaining, gaining steam as it went along. the order of the episodes was correct
claws
« Reply #11405 on: March 20, 2019, 02:25:28 PM »

I'll Be Home for Christmas (2016)

A retired widower Cop wants to flee christmas with plans of going fishing in Mexico instead. He visits his single mom daughter five days before christmas who he has neglected for the past three years. They butt heads first but family dynamics are back on track when the daughter falls for a handsome associate of her father, and the ex-Cop re-bonds with his smart*ss and wiser than Yoda granddaughter. Before the big happy ending they must save a homeless shelter, adopt a dog and solve a case of theft.

Even though filmed in Canada this one does not feel like christmas at all. There's some snow but not much and it looks fake, and the christmas spirit kind of takes a backseat in favor of other trivial things. Still, I guess this Hallmark production is satisfying enough for the X-mas fetish crowd. Since James Brolin is the director and star, the audience is blessed with two passionate songs contributed by Barbra Streisand. It doesn't get more corny than that. Awfully Awesome Rating: Good

Christmas Inheritance (2017)

A rich party girl must prove herself worthy by delivering a letter to a former co-owner of her father's successful company before christmas. She must do this incognito and with only $100.00 for expenses.

Overlong (it felt like going on forever) romantic comedy (that looked like it was shot in 2004 and shelved for 13 years) with the emphasis on doing good deeds in the name of the holiday spirit. Average X-mas schmalz with phony sentimentality, annoying slapstic and tiresome storyline that's been done a million times: rich girl experiences "real life" in a small town that causes her to change her ways. This is basically a lazy remake of Groundhog Day minus the loop. My suspicions were confirmed when Andie MacDowell showed up (oddly enough, I thought MacDowell's silent background acting was more interesting than seeing her acting in close-ups. It's like they made sure she wasn't degraded as just an extra when she had no lines).

If anything, Christmas Inheritance is an easy target to make fun of, which we did. We had a blast watching, even if it was for all the wrong reason. Awfully Awesome Rating: Good
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:04:04 AM by claws » Logged
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11406 on: March 20, 2019, 03:18:49 PM »

Tales from the Darkside the movie -

remember this one? It had been decades since I watched it. Its divided into three sections with a wraparound/ tie together story with Debbie harry preparing to cook and eat a little kid a la Hansel and gretel

first one - steve buscemi , Christian Slater and an ancient mummy

2 - The one with the evil cat

3 - The one I remembered most: A guy sees a horrible gargoyle thing and is allowed to live is he never reveals what he's seen. He struggles with the secret espeically whether or not to tell Rae Don Chong, his hot new girlfriend

5/5 for sentimental reasons alone but it was quite entertaining, gaining steam as it went along. the order of the episodes was correct

Yep, I saw this one in 1990, when it 1st came to a theater near where I lived. Oddly enough or maybe not, while I don't remember the 1st and 3rd stories, it is the 2nd one with the evil cat that I remember the best. That and the wraparound segement with Debbie Harry.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11407 on: March 20, 2019, 03:59:15 PM »

THE FAVOURITE (2018)  Unforgettable, funny and interesting.  I don't want to watch it again; it's horrifying.   Thumbup 

GREEN BOOK (2018)  I enjoyed it.  Puzzling and imperfect.   Thumbup

Tonight, we've got BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (2018) I'm looking forward to it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11408 on: March 20, 2019, 05:47:04 PM »

THE UNNAMABLE (1988)
For a while there in the late 80's, there were a series of movies based on the horror stories of H.P. Lovecraft.
They tried to preserve some of the Gothic flavor and feel of the master's stories, while jazzing them up with graphic gore and an overlay of female nudity.  Some of the were horrible, some not so bad.  THE UNNAMABLE is a thoroughly enjoyable slice of 80's cheese overlaid with Lovecraftian horror.
Student writer Randolph Carter tries to convince some of his friends at Miskatonic U. that certain things in this world are so horrible that they defy all labels and descriptions - that there are things truly unnamable.
None of his friends believe him, even when he shares the story of an unnamable horror located in a 300 year old house that is (conveniently enough) located just off campus.  So first, one of his friends goes to explore the old place, and then two frat boys take the girls they are trying to impress in there on a dare, and horrors follow.
Nice example of 80's horror! 4.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11409 on: March 20, 2019, 08:43:04 PM »

Boyscoutkevin- the climax of the cat one was really disgusting. David Johannsen from the New York Dolls was the would be assasin
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11410 on: March 20, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »

ZOMBIE BEAUTY PAGEANT (2017) This was a low budget special on Amazon Prime that turned out to be kind of cute and charming.  I actually did get sucked into the story despite myself, and it was entertaining.  Which of the four "Z-girls" will become the next American Z-girl?  Will the contestants eat each other in the final round?  Is one of them harboring a shocking secret?  Better than I thought it would be, but not great.  3/5

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11411 on: March 21, 2019, 02:21:17 AM »

THE UNNAMABLE (1988)
For a while there in the late 80's, there were a series of movies based on the horror stories of H.P. Lovecraft.
They tried to preserve some of the Gothic flavor and feel of the master's stories, while jazzing them up with graphic gore and an overlay of female nudity.  Some of the were horrible, some not so bad.  THE UNNAMABLE is a thoroughly enjoyable slice of 80's cheese overlaid with Lovecraftian horror.
Student writer Randolph Carter tries to convince some of his friends at Miskatonic U. that certain things in this world are so horrible that they defy all labels and descriptions - that there are things truly unnamable.
None of his friends believe him, even when he shares the story of an unnamable horror located in a 300 year old house that is (conveniently enough) located just off campus.  So first, one of his friends goes to explore the old place, and then two frat boys take the girls they are trying to impress in there on a dare, and horrors follow.
Nice example of 80's horror! 4.5/5

Have you seen the sequel? If not, I would recommend it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:30:22 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11412 on: March 21, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »

EASY RIDER (1969): Two hippies smoke dope and evade rednecks as they ride their motorcycles across the Southwest on their way to sell a big bag of cocaine at Mardi Gras. What was once hip and dangerous now seems a little corny---Dennis Hopper lays it on pretty thick about how the hippies are the REAL patriotic Americans---but there's no denying that the movie's filled with iconic scenes (one of the better acid trips ever filmed, in a New Orleans graveyard) and performances (Jack Nicholson as an alcoholic ACLU lawyer). Pretty good soundtrack, too. 4/5. Repeat viewing, because I got it in a (very cool) Criterion Collection box set.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:12:27 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11413 on: March 21, 2019, 01:05:02 PM »

Tonight, we've got BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (2018) I'm looking forward to it. 

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY is a wonderful film.  Highly recommended!   Thumbup

EASY RIDER (1969): Two hippies smoke dope and evade rednecks as they ride their motorcycles across the Southwest on their way to sell a big bag of cocaine at Mardi Gras. What was once hip and dangerous now seems a little corny---Dennis Hopper lays it on pretty thick about how the hippies are the REAL patriotic Americans---but there's no denying that the movie's filled with iconic scenes (one of the better acid trips ever filmed, in a New Orleans graveyard) and performances (Jack Nicholson as an alcoholic ACLU lawyer). Pretty good soundtrack, too. 4/5. Repeat viewing, because I got it in a (very cool) Criterion Collection box set.

I watched EASY RIDER on TCM in recent months; it's hardly perfect, but I liked it much better than I had 40+ years ago when I first saw it on late night TV... 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11414 on: March 21, 2019, 05:46:25 PM »

Great movie. Very downbeat, though. The sound track jams!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.