Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:53 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100611 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11415 on: March 22, 2019, 09:51:24 AM »

FIVE EASY PIECES (1970): A hard-living roustabout reveals that there's more to his character than meets the eye when he returns to his family homestead to visit his estranged father, now paralyzed by a stroke. A nuanced character study reminding us that talent and intelligence can be obstacles to happiness. Arguably Jack Nicholson's greatest performance, definitely Karen Black's. Part of Criterion's "BBS" set. 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11416 on: March 22, 2019, 02:28:17 PM »

FIVE EASY PIECES (1970): A hard-living roustabout reveals that there's more to his character than meets the eye when he returns to his family homestead to visit his estranged father, now paralyzed by a stroke. A nuanced character study reminding us that talent and intelligence can be obstacles to happiness. Arguably Jack Nicholson's greatest performance, definitely Karen Black's. Part of Criterion's "BBS" set. 4.5/5.
I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11417 on: March 23, 2019, 07:56:43 AM »

"Death By Metal" (2016)
A cool documentary examining the life and career of extreme metal pioneer Chuck Schuldiner of Death fame, whose early records put death metal on the map while his later work pushed the boundaries of the genre's often-rigid "rules." Sadly, his battle with an aggressive cancer took his life just as he was poised to make a new breakthrough with his Control Denied project. Commentary by former band mates and associates incl. Gene Hoglan, Rick Rozz, Chris Reifert, Jim Morris and many others is surrounded by lots of vintage live clips and photos A cool trip down memory lane for Death fans and metal trivia nerds in general.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11418 on: March 23, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »

NIGHT OF THE LEPUS [RIFFTRAX]: Giant rabbits rampage! In slow motion! Familiar faces at low points in their careers (Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, DeForest Kelly) try to stop them! Terrible movie, mostly dull, occasionally ridiculous. The Rifftrax jokes helped and provided several chuckles, but honestly I had trouble getting into it. 2.5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11419 on: March 23, 2019, 10:29:42 AM »

Fat Freddy - I will definitely be checking that out. They were the Beatles of Death Metal and Chuck was John lennon and Paul mcCartney

Mayor of the Sunset Strip (2003) - I'm not from California so I've never heard Rodney Bingenheimer's influential radio show, but I knew what it was through general music/ pop culture. There are "brands" like that: Thrasher, Soul Train, Rodney on the ROQ you know what they are even if you've never seen or heard or read them.

Rodney reminds one most immediately of Andy Warhol. He isn't deep,  but upbeat and especially fascinated by celebrities. He's met and knows a lot of them from Elvis to whatsher name from No Doubt (showing my age a little here). David Bowie and Cher stop by, these aren't small timers here. We also meet Kim Fowley who is kind of his evil twin.

The ending is kind of sad because radio is sort of coming to an end and, it could be argued, so is most good music. Through all this, Rodney never made much money. He did get to bang a lot of girls especially in the 60's and 70's though so good for him.

4/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11420 on: March 24, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »

POSSUM (2018): A loner with a perpetual frown skulks around like a sex offender and tries to dispose of his demonic spider puppet, which returns to his room every morning. Many people will think this is too slow and uneventful---essentially the same scenario repeats, with hallucinatory variations, for the first hour---but it has a real creepiness to it, and gives you an icy feeling like you've spent time living inside a genuine madman's skull. 3.5/5.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11421 on: March 25, 2019, 09:15:30 AM »

INSTINCT (1999)
When a noted anthropologist who left society to live in the jungle is imprisoned for murder, it's up to a young psychiatrist to get through to him.

While the performance of Anthony Hopkins is great, Cuba Gooding Jr. sucks as a psychiatrist, although personally I believe he sucks as an actor overall. I felt no sympathy for his character, whom only did what he did for personal gain, trying to fool the viewer into believing he was some kind of altruist doctor - which he is not. It had this stupid Robin Williams attitude of coming to a place with crappy budget and believing magic solutions exist.
The movie has a weird portrayal of psycopath killers, showing them as good natured fellas with good manners who only get bullied. The "bad guards" cliché is present, and it makes no sense. Just awful.

Overall, a pretty bad movie. The only good moments were when Hopkins goes crazy and gives his "freedom" and "control" speeches. Funny enough, if you try to find any form of trailer, you will always be greeted with the scene in which Dr. Powell grabs Dr. Caulder around his neck, leading you to believe it is some kind of thriller. It is not. At all.

The music by Danny Elfman is good but totally out of place in this movie. It actually sounds generic, which is quite a feat.

Just avoid it, it's not worth the two hours. 2/5

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11422 on: March 25, 2019, 11:07:37 PM »

TRANCE (2010) - Some girls go to a rave and take a drug that turns them into psycho killers, taking out all the guys at the party.
Decent gore, no nudity (close, though), plot is a bit slow to build, acting mediocre.  2.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11423 on: March 26, 2019, 04:47:39 AM »

INSTINCT (1999)
When a noted anthropologist who left society to live in the jungle is imprisoned for murder, it's up to a young psychiatrist to get through to him.

While the performance of Anthony Hopkins is great, Cuba Gooding Jr. sucks as a psychiatrist, although personally I believe he sucks as an actor overall. I felt no sympathy for his character, whom only did what he did for personal gain, trying to fool the viewer into believing he was some kind of altruist doctor - which he is not. It had this stupid Robin Williams attitude of coming to a place with crappy budget and believing magic solutions exist.
The movie has a weird portrayal of psycopath killers, showing them as good natured fellas with good manners who only get bullied. The "bad guards" cliché is present, and it makes no sense. Just awful.

Overall, a pretty bad movie. The only good moments were when Hopkins goes crazy and gives his "freedom" and "control" speeches. Funny enough, if you try to find any form of trailer, you will always be greeted with the scene in which Dr. Powell grabs Dr. Caulder around his neck, leading you to believe it is some kind of thriller. It is not. At all.

The music by Danny Elfman is good but totally out of place in this movie. It actually sounds generic, which is quite a feat.

This film unsettled me for a long time: there is one funny scene where Sir Anthony Hopkins has his arm around Cuba Gooding's neck, I thought that Sir Anthony was going to kill him and then he kisses Cuba.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11424 on: March 26, 2019, 06:43:58 AM »

INSTINCT (1999)

This film unsettled me for a long time: there is one funny scene where Sir Anthony Hopkins has his arm around Cuba Gooding's neck, I thought that Sir Anthony was going to kill him and then he kisses Cuba.  TeddyR

Yeah, that's the scene that you'll see in every movie board to lure you in. Sadly, Cuba Gooding survived that ordeal. I was kind hoping his neck snapped.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11425 on: March 26, 2019, 10:14:10 AM »

Fat Freddy - I will definitely be checking that out. They were the Beatles of Death Metal and Chuck was John lennon and Paul mcCartney

It was a cool documentary but Chuck S. does come off as a bit of a flake at times. He went through so many band members over the course of his relatively short career that you could probably argue that he was all four Beatles rolled up in one guy. :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11426 on: March 26, 2019, 10:39:09 PM »

THE WILD COUNTRY (1970) 

STEVE FORREST and VERA MILES take there sons RON HOWARD  CLINT HOWARD from Pittsburgh to wild Montana 1880 style.  I liked it.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11427 on: March 27, 2019, 01:26:51 AM »

Bohemian Rhapsody: A well acted, but decidedly underwhelming movie. About the hour point, Kristi said she wasn't really getting into the film either and we discussed putting it off, but I decided to push on through. For me, it really only kicked into gear when it got to Live Aid. Disappointing as from all the hype I was expecting a much better movie. Oh well, it would be a boring world if everyone had the same tastes in entertainment.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11428 on: March 27, 2019, 08:43:03 AM »

TERROR 5 (2016): An anthology of horror stories in an Argentinian town told over a single night, involving revenge, zombie-like creatures, and snuff films. Often incoherent and badly-assembled sleaze with little terror payoff. Not entertainingly bad; there's a little nudity and gore, and even less sense. 1/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11429 on: March 27, 2019, 11:08:51 AM »

Rev- Have you ever seen Sadomaster? it was for a while the lowest rated movie on netflix instant. also from Argentina. good working definition of a 1/5

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 11:15:25 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.