Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:09:27 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101069 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11595 on: July 16, 2019, 09:06:48 PM »

Winnipeg is the Canada of Canada
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11596 on: July 16, 2019, 09:32:05 PM »

THE AXIOM (2017) - I saw this one pop up on Amazon Prime a couple nights ago, and it was a fascinating film!  A girl takes her brother and four friends into the forest to look for their missing sister, and discovers a portal to another dimension . . . creepy and well-executed, this was a really bizarre and original little horror film.  Definitely worth the (free) price of rental!  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11597 on: July 16, 2019, 09:55:53 PM »

THE AXIOM (2017) - I saw this one pop up on Amazon Prime a couple nights ago, and it was a fascinating film!  A girl takes her brother and four friends into the forest to look for their missing sister, and discovers a portal to another dimension . . . creepy and well-executed, this was a really bizarre and original little horror film.  Definitely worth the (free) price of rental!  4/5

I may look that  up, it's  only free if you have amazon prime tho.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11598 on: July 17, 2019, 06:18:53 AM »

"The New York Hardcore Chronicles Film" (2017)
Members of Agnostic Front, Madball, Judge, Sick Of It All, S.O.D. and many more look back on the glory days of the '80s NYHC scene and examine its continued influence on current underground music and culture. Featuring lots of great stories, vintage photos and concert film clips, this documentary drew me right in even though I'm not even much of a HC fan. Cool stuff.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11599 on: July 17, 2019, 11:52:45 AM »

FF's cat - I used to go to those shows in the 80's. I liked Youth of Today and gorilla biscuits moreso than the Cro Mags and AF who were kind of darker and a bit beyond my grasp at the time. Sick of it All played Boston a lot.

I lost interest when militant stuff like Judge came out and also metal just seemed to be more varied, musically.

shows still generate quite a bit of enthusiasm, you'd have to say

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11600 on: July 17, 2019, 07:55:26 PM »

FF's cat - I used to go to those shows in the 80's. I liked Youth of Today and gorilla biscuits moreso than the Cro Mags and AF who were kind of darker and a bit beyond my grasp at the time. Sick of it All played Boston a lot.

I lost interest when militant stuff like Judge came out and also metal just seemed to be more varied, musically.

shows still generate quite a bit of enthusiasm, you'd have to say

Yep, I was always more of a metal kid than a HC kid, tho I saw my fair share of hardcore bands live back in my college days, cuz the local venues would often add local HC bands to the bills on thrash metal shows. So you'd get a couple of HC bands opening for, say, Prong or Kreator or whoever.

I think the only "big name" HC band I ever saw was Leeway, opening for Suicidal Tendencies (who had pretty much "gone metal" by then), they were badass.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11601 on: July 17, 2019, 09:35:09 PM »

I think my favorite club metal experience was Testament.

Boston had some famous hardcore bands but Siege didn't get their due till long after they were gone which is a shame. they were very proto grindcore

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11602 on: July 20, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »

Cheerleader Ninjas (2002) I finally found a movie worse than Teenape Goes to Camp. thousands, perhaps millions, of unfunny jokes are deployed in this classic tale of 4 30 year old cheerleaders vs people trying to take over "the internet" 2.5 /5 the guy who made it's other movies are mostly instructional DVDs about making model airplanes and so forth
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:54:07 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11603 on: July 20, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »

"The Spy Who Dumped Me" (2018)
Mila Kunis is an L.A. slacker chick who discovers that her late ex-boyfriend was a spy, which soon makes her the target of some very bad people. When she and her wacky best bud (SNL's Kate McKinnon) head to Europe to complete his final mission, mayhem follows wherever they go.
This spy spoof was lots of fun -- the two leading ladies make a great team (Mila's hot, Kate is hilarious) and it doesn't skimp on the ultra-violent action either. Worth checking out.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11604 on: July 21, 2019, 08:42:05 AM »

COINCOIN AND THE EXTRA-HUMANS (2019): A sequel/second season to the French TV miniseries LIL' QUINQUIN. It's several years later in the rural French town, Quinquin has grown up and joined a far-right political group, and Commandant Van der Weyden is investigating mysterious black tar falling from the sky and a plague of doubles showing up in town. Another mix of absurdism, slapstick and politics from Bruno Dumont, slyly satirizing the Western world's coming apocalypse. 3.5/5.

THE BEACH BUM (2019): Moondog (Matthew McConaughey) is a hard-partying hippie celebrity poet (!) living off his past glory and heiress wife's fortune; when she dies her will specifies he can't inherit her millions unless he finishes his long-gestating novel. It's hard to imagine what Harmony Korine was thinking when he decided to film McConaughey stumbling around South Florida acting like an ass for 90 minutes---the director's often been annoying and provocative, but this is the first time his work's seemed completely empty and pointless. This flop should end his flirtation with Hollywood for good, though. 1.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11605 on: July 21, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »

"Aquaman" (2018)
DC's king of the seas made a huge splash (yeah, yeah, I know... I couldn't resist) in his action packed debut solo adventure, where he claims his Atlantean birthright and stops a war between the undersea kingdom and the surface world.
The near-constant CGI gets a little tiresome after a while (by the time the climactic underwater battles start, you may feel like you're watching a cartoon) but the story is well constructed and the set designs are quite amazing. Jason Momoa plays the title character with just a hint of a smirk, as if he knows how ridiculous this whole thing is, but he's clearly having a blast, and so did I. Two fins up.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11606 on: July 21, 2019, 03:33:25 PM »

"Aquaman" (2018)
DC's king of the seas made a huge splash (yeah, yeah, I know... I couldn't resist) in his action packed debut solo adventure, where he claims his Atlantean birthright and stops a war between the undersea kingdom and the surface world.
The near-constant CGI gets a little tiresome after a while (by the time the climactic underwater battles start, you may feel like you're watching a cartoon) but the story is well constructed and the set designs are quite amazing. Jason Momoa plays the title character with just a hint of a smirk, as if he knows how ridiculous this whole thing is, but he's clearly having a blast, and so did I. Two fins up.

Well, for all those who liked Aquaman, it was successful enough that there will be a sequel. Though, the sequel is not scheduled to be released till December 16, 2022. Less news about this, but there is talk of doing a spin-off featuring the monsters faced  by Arthur and Meara, which is to be called The Trench.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11607 on: July 22, 2019, 09:09:57 AM »

BLUE MY MIND (2017): A teenage girl finds her body is going through a strange transformation. This German horror-drama with a poor English title handles its obvious metaphor decently. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11608 on: July 23, 2019, 07:00:25 AM »

"Ralph Breaks the Internet" (2018)
The long awaited sequel to "Wreck-It Ralph" sends the '80s video game character into the world wide web, on a quest to find a spare part for his buddy Vanellope's broken game before their arcade home turns it off for good. Cartoon mayhem follows as old-school Ralph clashes with "new" tech like viral videos, pop-up ads, and eBay, while Vanellope thinks she may have finally found a "home" in an ultra violent "Grand Theft Auto" style race game.
A fast paced, very funny family flick, my video game crazed son and I both laughed a lot.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11609 on: July 23, 2019, 07:47:53 AM »

VACANCY 2: THE FIRST CUT 

This was a by-the-numbers suspense flick about three friends who check into a remote hotel, whose owners just happen to have decided to begin making snuff flicks.  Decent but forgettable.  3/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.