Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:23 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Question: Working on a Horror Show Intro....... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question: Working on a Horror Show Intro.......  (Read 2766 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 22, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »

Was playing around with my Windows Movie Maker tonight. Filmed my eyeball and overlayed it with a watercolor effect and overlapped it with some movie pictures.

Yes, Womba TV may become a reality, but I need a little help. How do I save movies (or parts of a movie) on my computer so I can upload them into my Windows Movie Player?

Here's the little intro. Might change it. If I can figure it out I might do some movie reviews right here. With small clips from films. This intro needs some work, but I did it in about 2 hours while playing around. Will be doing it faster as I get to know the Movie Maker functions better. By the way that's my eyeball in this short clip if your interested.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=x567ULcCjYs

Yes, Womba TV may become a reality, but I need a little help. How do I save movies (or parts of a movie) on my computer so I can upload them into my Windows Movie Player?

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:12:17 AM »

Hey Scott...

I was thinking about asking you if you wanted to do a 2 part video review with me.

We both watch the same movie.
Then we both record our short video reviews and share our thoughts.

One will watch the film first.  Then the other will watch it.
(We could switch off)
One time, you'll watch it first and I can respond.
Or...
I will watch it first and then you can respond.

Then we post them on Youtube and then post them here.

Or you could edit them together.
Whatever works...
I have the equipment to shoot good quality home video...
A top of the line Sony DVD Handycam with remote control tripod.
It's been up on my shelf collecting dust.  I need to put it to good use.
What better way than this?

I've wanted to do a video review for quite some time but didn't because I feel that you need someone else's opinion to go either with or against you when you review a movie.
Kind of like Ebert & Roeper....they worked together.

Send me a PM if you're interested.   Smile

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:19:08 AM by Ash » Logged
Scott

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 09:58:55 PM »

Sounds like fun Ash. Made a follow up video for Womba TV and some films that you might have. Make of list of films Ash that you are interested in reviewing and I'll see if I have a copy.

I still haven't figured out how to take a movie DVD and save it to the computer, so I can put it on my Windows Media Player. If I can't do that then a movie review might not be as interesting. We need only a few clips here and there. If anyone can help it would be appreaciated.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pn43zjN9QuI
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:06:59 PM by Scott » Logged

dean

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 06:59:45 AM »

Well there's a couple of ways to 'rip' a movie onto computer and use it in your own clip.  One is to record a movie as a divx/mpeg file and using some sort of ripping program make it into a movie file onto the computer. [there's a few out there that I can't remember the name of, SuperDVD or something like that...]

I also had a editing program that I can't find right now which allowed me to use dvd files into a clip.  Using a program like DVD-Shrink or DVD Decrypter I loaded a dvd onto the computer, then used my editing program to import it into video format.

This program came free with either my graphics card or firewire card and I'll hunt around if I can find it.  It can take up a fair bit of space, so hopefully your computer can handle a few gig lost to it.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but hopefully I'll get back to you soon with more thorough information [or if anyone else wants to chip in?  Twirling ]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

Thanks Dean, I'll look more into it. If it's something that is going to take up a lot of computer space then I probably won't do it.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Question: Working on a Horror Show Intro....... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.