Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:51 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  New One Hit Wonders « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New One Hit Wonders  (Read 5803 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 26, 2007, 03:41:01 AM »

Ever watch a new video or hear a new song and predict that it will be that band's only hit?

Here's one band that I knew from the moment I saw their video would be a one hit wonder...I just had this feeling that this would be their only hit.  (and I've been right so far...)

Blue October--Hate Me
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtf-JeaNM8

How about you?
Got any videos from newer bands that you think are one hit wonders?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:27:18 PM by Ash » Logged
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 06:14:32 AM »

You know Ash, I'm glad you're bringing this up.  Everyday I hear songs on Top 40 radio that I know people are going to be laughing at in ten years.  Kind of like those shows on VH1 about the 80s and "what were we thinking".  Stuff like "My Humps", "Don't Cha" and that god awful "Umbrella" song. 

Heres a few more that come to mind.

Show theme song=one hit wonder usually
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxnJ5iyC-w

Nice song, one hit wonder written all over it though...
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxXwIIBlSgw

Yeah I'm sure these guys will break the top 40 again, but in 10 years people will say "Hey do you remember that band that sang that song to that doctor show and that "If I lay here song".  If I'm (or we're all) wrong so be it. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 06:16:25 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »

Here's another one that I'm positive will be a one-hit-wonder.
The sad thing is that it's actually a catchy song!

And it's one of the worst cases of me imagining what a video should be like and then finding out that it's nothing like I thought it would be...

If you listen to the lyrics...it's about a guy in a new club who really doesn't want to be there.  Then he sees a beautiful woman who PARALYZES him.

What a disappointing video... Thumbdown
It has NOTHING to do with the song.
Whoever directed or even thought this video up should be ostracized from video directing forever!

They should've let me direct it...

Finger Eleven--Paralyzer
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYGCT4AQIR0
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:31:13 PM by Ash » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:09:37 AM »

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vc6vs-l5dkc

These guys are Panic! At the Disco.  Terrible band.  This was their biggest hit, and I think they had one minor hit after this.  The song title's alone on the album are terrible.  I hope this is the end of them as a band.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
dean

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:52:00 AM »

It's funny you mention this.  I was reading an article about this very thing yesterday or so.  It was about how disposable this industry is and the 'risk' of becoming a one-hit wonder is getting higher.  They used Gnarls Barkly as one example: One type of sound that they flog to death, with every song sounding the same to the point they are crushed in obscurity...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 05:42:16 AM »

I don't keep up with current music, but I remember when Hanson suddenly burst onto the scene when I was in high school.  I knew right when I heard "MmmBop" the first time, I thought, "These guys are gonna be one-hit wonders, wait and see"...turns out I was right. 

Also...would you consider Ricky Martin a one-hit wonder?  I certainly can't think (at the moment) of anything notable he did outside of "Livin La Vida Loca".
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:50:51 PM »

They used Gnarls Barkly as one example: One type of sound that they flog to death, with every song sounding the same to the point they are crushed in obscurity...

I unfortunately got to see Gnarls Barkley open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers last year on the Stadium Arcadium tour.    Man, they sucked!   They had the audacity to open with a completely butchered cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity".  The backing band was alright but the singer was bad beyond belief.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 09:04:01 PM »

They used Gnarls Barkly as one example: One type of sound that they flog to death, with every song sounding the same to the point they are crushed in obscurity...

I unfortunately got to see Gnarls Barkley open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers last year on the Stadium Arcadium tour.    Man, they sucked!   They had the audacity to open with a completely butchered cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity".  The backing band was alright but the singer was bad beyond belief.

Sucks to hear that, because Gnarls's album was pretty decent.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  New One Hit Wonders « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.