Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:18:02 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Peaches! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peaches!  (Read 5065 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 23, 2007, 09:27:04 AM »

Peaches are in season and we have made two recent trips over to Delaware.  Both times, we stopped by the orchard in our old hometown (Fifer Orchards) and picked up big bags of yellow peaches.  The ones we like are called the Flaming Fury.  I remember walking along the edge of the orchards as a kid, shooting crows and starlings with my pellet gun or .22 and picking a peach here or there to eat.  Topper, my father's boxer, would always accompany me and he would grab dropped peaches off the ground to gnaw on them.

Some of the peaches we have gotten are softball sized and amazingly sweet and juicy.  They put anything in the grocery stores around here to shame (for some reason, those have been a bit dry and not nearly as sweet).

Anyway, I love peaches and so does everyone in the house.  We are going to gorge on them for the next three weeks or so.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
raj

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:34:47 AM »

Yum, fresh peaches.  Smile
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 11:07:31 AM »

My mother in law (who lives at my grandfather in law's farm) has two productive trees.  We actually dried a few with my food dehydrator last year and they made good snacks for weeks.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »

I got some really nice peach tea from Sonic the other night.  When my mom was in town a couple of weeks ago she made me and my sisters some really good peach cobler.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 09:57:08 PM »

Hey, very topical topic!  We are going peach picking this weekend   AND arianna had her fiirst peaches for dinner.  Big day for a baby.  That and blueberries are our favote things to get in summer. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:09:45 PM »

This year has just sucked around here, a late hard freeze wiped out all fruit tree crops, I have 50 fruit trees and 1 apple, I had 2 but my wife knocked off half the crop. There will be no nuts here, no pecans, wall nuts, hickory, acorns, nothing.

Then this summer we're having a drought, one of the worst on record we're 21" below normal on rain and the temps have been over 100 for the last 25 days. 104 today and says it'll be 103 tomorrow. 

About the only peaches around here are in cans.

Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 02:01:48 AM »

Quote from: CheezeFlixz
Then this summer we're having a drought, one of the worst on record we're 21" below normal on rain and the temps have been over 100 for the last 25 days. 104 today and says it'll be 103 tomorrow.

Dude, if you're needing some cool weather, feel free to take some of ours - we had flooding last month, and looking out of the window today it looks more like November. I know Britain is known for it raining a lot, but this is ridiculous.  TeddyR

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 03:02:09 AM »

Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19McuaPKjI8

TeddyR
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »

There is nothing like a ripe peach just picked off the tree.

We don't grow peaches in the county, where I live, but they do grow them in the county just west of us. And the crop is--supposedly--better this year than in some of the previous years.

They also grow them just south of where I live, down in the central part of the state.

The problem with most store bought peaches, is that they have to pick the peaches when they are slightly green, thus giving them something of a shelf life in the store. So they ripen, while in the store.
Raffine

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »

Early frost and the drought got my peaches and blackberries this year.  Hatred

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
dean

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 03:31:15 AM »

Quote from: CheezeFlixz

Dude, if you're needing some cool weather, feel free to take some of ours - we had flooding last month, and looking out of the window today it looks more like November. I know Britain is known for it raining a lot, but this is ridiculous.  TeddyR

We'll happily take that rain Jason.  We've been in slow drought for the better part of 10 years and just this may recorded our driest 365 days on record.  Water restrictions are in force and summer is just around the corner, with our reserves for water looking pretty low [down 9% on last year]

That being said, our fruit situation is ok.  Our main fruit growing areas did just get hit by a years worth of rain in one day [this is far north of the country and I'm in the south.]

Though we had a bad cyclone not long ago which knocked off all the Banana crops for the country and sent prices skyrocketing.  Took a whole year to get back to strength.  You don't know how much you miss it until you have one and savour the taste after being without such a household staple [here at least] for so long.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
IzzyDedjet
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »

I live in the peach state.  I have for about 5 years.  I have YET to see anything about peaches.
Peanuts, pecans, onions?  All over the place.  Peaches?  Scarce to say the least.
I'm not really complaining though.  I cant stand peaches.
That's not entirely true.
I like canned or processed peaches.
I'm a big texture eater and the fuzz just sets my teeth on edge.  Not just the idea of having said fuzzy peaches in my mouth, but even holding one in my hand.  The texture just makes me crawly.
tell ya what, You can have the peaches...I'll stick with beer.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Peaches! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.