Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:44:13 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Headless Walruses « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Headless Walruses  (Read 5552 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 16, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/headless_walruses

I smell a SciFi original picture about zombie Orca...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

Ice is the likely culprit here.  We have had lots of dead headless seals wash ashore in Newfoundland due to them getting caught in the movement of ice.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »

Ice is the likely culprit here.  We have had lots of dead headless seals wash ashore in Newfoundland due to them getting caught in the movement of ice.

That will not make for a very good movie.  Maybe it could be a living iceberg that was freed from a glacier by global warming and it instinctively crushes the head of anything living that it encounters.

On a serious note, the article does mention that at least one had been shot.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:47:08 AM »

well in the case of the walruses, the tusks apparently are of value so maybe there's something to these claims after all. Still it wouldn't surprise me if ice still played a factor in some carcasses having their heads removed as well.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »

My first instinct was propellor injuries from boats, but having read the article, that would require a small armada of fishing boats, not to mention lots and lots of very stupid walruses.

...and it still wouldn't explain the gunshot wounds, but hey, we're on a bad movie forum here, so why let a little detail like that get in the way of a good crackpot idea?  TongueOut
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:01:31 PM by Jason » Logged

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 05:12:12 PM »

The Communist Airborne Mollusk Militia!

I picture a evil sentient form of ice, like those underwater guys from The Abyss or Jack Frost, only not so stupid.  Hey, if the ice itself wanted to kill you, what defense would you have?  I imagine that for the sake of their own defense, the walrusii (I'll pluralize that however I please) decided to arm themselves.  Of course, being untrained, the walrusii would be susceptible to friendly fire amidst the chaos and gunfire.  Or perhaps the evil and sentient ice was just a third party in the ongoing Walrus Faction Wars, which have caused so much damage and heartache these past few years.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 07:35:04 PM »

It's obviously a group of Shaggoths from the lost plains of Kadath, trapped in polar ice for millions of years, now finally free to feed . . . . and reproduce.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 12:44:04 AM »

It's global warming ... damn you Al Gore .... damn you!!!

What I found funny in that story was ...

"Pacific walruses are not considered endangered but can be hunted only by Alaska Natives, who are required to use a certain amount of the animal or face fines for being wasteful. The tusks are often carved or used in native arts and crafts."

These are Native Americans who fall under federal law, and the feds are going to fine some one for being wasteful. There is just something funny about that.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 05:25:44 AM »

It's obviously a group of Shaggoths from the lost plains of Kadath, trapped in polar ice for millions of years, now finally free to feed . . . . and reproduce.

Now there is an interesting idea. In the 50s it used to be nuclear testing which awakened ancient horrors. How long before someone will catch on to global warming and use that as an example of Man's Greed which unleashes destruction upon this world.

What could be thawed out? Dinosaurs, obviously, perhaps a caveman. Sentient Ice is another possibilty (defeated by a giant microwave oven as it is about to crush Manhattan) . Why not some ancient and deadly parasite or disease?

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »

Every time I read this thread, I see this post and wonder, "Why didn't I think of that?"  Been too long since I read that story.  I am putting some Shoggoth on my short list.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Headless Walruses « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.