Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:50:04 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RAGE AT DAWN (1955) and SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES (1937) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RAGE AT DAWN (1955) and SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES (1937)  (Read 2594 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 01, 2007, 07:12:33 AM »

These movies are included in Mill Creek's WESTERN CLASSICS 100 MOVIE PACK, which is a repackaged combination of the WESTERN CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK and the GUNSLINGER CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK.

RAGE AT DAWN - This is a decent, color 1950s western with a memorable cast, including western legend Randolph Scott (I love the dialogue in BLAZING SADDLES:  "You'd do it for Randolph Scott!" and then everyone sings "Ran-dolph Scott!")  Scott plays a detective who poses as a train robber in order to infiltrate the notorious Reno Brother gang.  Forrest Tucker plays Frank Reno, the gang's tough leader.  J. Carrol Naish (!!!!) is Sim Reno, and Myron Healey is John Reno.  Denver Pyle plays Clint Reno, the only honest Reno brother.  Also in the cast are Mala Powers, Edgar Buchanan, and Kenneth Tobey.  If you're a fan of old-fashioned, Saturday matinee westerns, you'll probably enjoy this one.

SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES - Singing cowboy Gene Autry stars in this short (less than 1 hour) black & white western about a group of women (one who studied animal husbandry) who movie into cattle country to raise sheep.  The cattle ranchers try to thwart their plans because sheep eat grass roots and will strip the land leaving the cattle with nothing to eat!  In one scene, Autry successfully calms down some angry cattle men by singing "Springtime in the Rockies" and having them join in for a sing-along!  Autry manages to sing about half-a-dozen songs in less than an hour.  Only in the 1930s could something like this be released to theaters.  A harmless piece of American cinematic history.  NOTE: Autry went on to purchase the California Angels baseball team and died in 1998 at age 91.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RAGE AT DAWN (1955) and SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES (1937) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.