Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:09:51 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Monster Vision « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Monster Vision  (Read 7784 times)
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 10:46:03 AM »

I've seen a lot of films with, like, ya know, the obligatory B-movie bug monsters, who have the same vision as a fly, how they see the same thing about 20 times in little hexagons. It looks like it'd be a real b***h to be able to see that but I think in real life bugs' brains interpret it into a proper picture they can understand, which would probably be even more "3D" and better for depth judgement and the like than our own eyes, I dunno, but the film just shows what it would look like to us through a zillion hexagonal lenses, lol...

I often find antagonist PoV shots to be kinda useless as well. I mean in Friday the 13th in order to not give away that the killer is female, most of that is shot from the killer's PoV, but I find it much scarier in movies like Halloween where you don't know where the killer is, or catch a glimpse of him in the background...
penny lizardo
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »

I wonder sometimes how the creature is even supposed to find its prey considering its eye sight so wierd and screwed up.

Thats why they keep eating and killing random people, There not monsters, there just critters with a bad case of glaucoma!  TeddyR

Evil, pure and simple from the Eighth Dimension!
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 10:05:08 PM »

Predator- everyone knows this one. Heat vision through most of it which is cool until he takes the mask off, then everything turns red. How is that thing supposed to see anything like that, let alone be highly advanced.

As we saw in Predator 2, the Pred also has the ability to see in several other aspects of the visual spectrum, for such occasions as when Gary Busey figures out a way to negate your heat vision with a giant freezer and over-sized fire extinguishers...

Other than that, nothing else to add on the topic.  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Dreggen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 06:43:46 AM »

Strike three on the TNT connection.  I think I still might have some of that on tape some where. That was where I was first introduced to Ray Harryhausens work, and I saw The people under the stairs there too.  Wasn't there a late night show on scifi hosted by Shatner where they'd show Head of the Family and the like? 

Didn't the moster in The Relic have some altered spectrum vision? I could be wrong, it's been a while since I saw it.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 07:24:59 AM »

Wasn't there a late night show on scifi hosted by Shatner where they'd show Head of the Family and the like?

"William Shatner's Full Moon Fright Night", which highlighted Full Moon flicks like The Vampire Journals (apparently the only episode of which has since been released to DVD) and the aforementioned Head of the FamilyThumbup

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
Chang Saam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 08:46:04 AM »

I can only think up ones from mst3k movies like the Puma Man, the android from Future War, and the mummy alien in Time Walker.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 02:50:48 PM »

Killer Tongue has some monstervision moments as well. You look out between two rows of teeth.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 03:24:21 PM »

Ooooo! I finally have something to contribute based on the subject of this topic! Tremors! I even remember Siskel & Ebert's review for it commenting on how, despite the Graboids being blind, there were still a few "monster vision" shots as the Graboids burrowed through the top soil...  Cheers

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »

DOOM had that whole sequence at the end of the film which proved to be the one good part. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Monster Vision « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.