Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:56 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ridley Scott: sci fi is dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Ridley Scott: sci fi is dead  (Read 18566 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

"conspiracy theorists like Ron Paul and xenophobic blowhards like Pat Buchanan "

right , so a guy who worked in the reagan white house and a guy with the most conservative voting record IN HISTORY are wackos,  but joe lieberman and john mcain are normal.  now i've seen everything.  open borders, high taxes, late trimester abortion and wars of choice are mainstream conservatism.  we are really in bizarro world.

"Next thing you'll be telling me is that 9/11 was an inside job and the Holocaust never really happened. "

next you'll be telling me the WMD are in Syria and that saddam and al queda were buddies.

and I'm not a leftist.  I 'm a libertarian and very very conservative.

Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 09:50:34 PM »

Uhm... did it occur to you that Republicans spin their version of the truth, too?  Newsbusters.org is like citing the New York Post as a news source, and I would suggest that it's biased.  You think "mainstream" media is 90% Democrat, that's quite a lofty percentage, but interesting considering how Bill Clinton was barbecued by the largely Democratic media... I think the "biased" media angle is an excuse for the significantly bad press the Republicans have gotten these last several years, not to mention thru much of the 20th century!  But it works both ways and is ultimately relevant to what or whom is newsworthy.  Anybody remember DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN?  Nothing's changed as far as human nature.  Selling is even more important to America than partisan politics.

Well, I dare say it's biased! The very idea that a news source could be otherwise strikes me as a rather quaintly silly notion. Still, I never saw Clinton "barbecued" as you claim, except in the sense that the entertainers of the time did make a lot of bad jokes about him. Remember how people went around claiming the Oklahoma City Bombing was an "inside job" intended to boost Clinton's approval ratings? Remember how they called him a "war criminal" for his "illegal" war in Kosovo and harped on what a genocidal dictator he was with all his war-mongering, akin to Hitler? Remember how Ken "The Christmas Starr" was praised and lauded all over the press for months for his endless investigations into Clinton skulduggery? Me neither. Actually, I continue to hear flimsy rationalizations for all his nonsense to this day.

I might also point out the the New York Post IS a news source, just as the New York Times is a news source. The former has far more credibility with me than the latter, of course, just as Michelle Malkin has far more credibility with me than, for example, Connie Chung, Dan Rather, Jayson Blair, or Keith Olbermann.

next you'll be telling me the WMD are in Syria and that saddam and al queda were buddies.

There's evidence that they are and there's documented proof that they were, respectively; but as I'm sure you know already, those satellite photos and translated Iraqi documents must all have been forged by those of us who are part of the great Zionist world bankers' conspiracy. We sure can't put anything past you, can we?
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2007, 11:04:05 PM »

A director who hasn't directed a sci-fi movie in almost 25 years doesn't really have much say on the state of current sci-fi films...

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 01:06:38 AM »

Last week, I somehow ended up on the IMDB page for Sunshine.
After following a few links, I figured it must be about an astronaut who goes nuts & starts killing off the rest of the crew.

I thought to myself, "How many times have I seen this before?"
Off the top of my head, Event Horizon, Supernova, The Dark Side of The Moon, Life Pod, & Murder in Space.

Alien certainly stands out as a great movie, but it's not exactly the first movie about an alien parasite terrorizing the crew of a spaceship.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 04:24:19 AM »

ALIEN was almost a remake of IT! The TERROR from BEYOND SPACE! wayyy back in the 50's!
There was also MUYINY in OUTER SPACE,the GREEN SLIME ,PLANET of the VAMPIRES,etc...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:29:38 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »

Quote from: inyarear
There's evidence that they are and there's documented proof that they were

BounceGiggle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ridley Scott: sci fi is dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.